Blair Datura/HRT series feedback

Inspired by EPS (love your character @aramix !), I decided to try to start up a IPC line/character that is formulated toward being the stations HR. Pretty much the things these characters care about are: Health and Safety, compensation and benefits, and crewmember relations. As I work out kinks of how I want the IPC units to behave, I have a apid named Blair Datura to test run the rest of the features and procedures I want to try to do. I’ve begun making the HR paperwork formats to be filled out, with currently having a workers comp form, and three forms encompassing worker harassment/discrimination.

Currently, workers comp works more like a formal petition. HR will process the request, determining if it’s legitimist, and request from HOP X amount of credits from the civil budget to give to the client. Ten percent of the compensation is filing fees that is reduced from the initial credit compensation.

Currently Discrimination/Harassment complaints processing isn’t exactly fully figured out yet of how I want to do it. So far it’s just me getting the report, and investigating no matter how ridiculous it is (to at least humor clowns more than anything. Investigating consists of me talking to the respondent (the person who’s being reported) about the report, getting their side of the story. Then talking with the SO (Superior Officer) of the complainant (person who made the report) and the respondent to determine credibility of both parties, also talk with witnesses (if there are any) of the incident. After that, either in the privacy of the lawyers office or the court room a court case will open up and a punishment will be decided upon for the respondent. Punishments are mostly financial, but demotion could be suggested and if serious laws are broken the usual jail time. Eye-for-a-eye can also be suggested. If the respondent repeatedly fails to show up either in the investigation stage and the court case stage, it’ll automatically be a financial compensation which the HR rep will attempt to ask a sec officer to “reposes funds” from the respondent. Also if a HOC is accused and found guilty, I’ll try to make a report to CC themselves through the bridge comms console to report it.

I know this largely relies on other people to work, but I’ve successfully gotten workers comp quite a few times and was in the process of suing a “friendly wizard apprentice” who kept reanimating venders and almost killing a complainant (hostile workplaces are taken very seriously). It’s also just fun to try to sue a antag for creating hostile workplaces and transforming people.

Be more than free to make suggestions and inputs into this

Workers Comp Form
Workers Compensation Request form
=

Employee Name:[________________________]
Employee Department/Occupation:[___________________]
Injury Sustained:[____________________]
Cause of Injury (Describe what happened and why):
[_________________________________________________]

Do you have a witness?
[_____]
Witness name and Occupation:[________________________]

Injured Employee/Witness Signatures:
-
Discrimination/Harassment Report Section
Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Report
=

Complainants' Name:[_______________________________]

**In the provided space, please describe in detail the conduct that you believe violates Nanotrasons Harassment and Discrimination Prohibited Policy or Respectful Workplace Policy. After you write down your report, please sign it**

Witness form for Discrimination/Harassment Form

Witness to Discrimination/Harassment Form

Witness Name:[_____________________________]
Witness Occupation:[_______________________]

Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Form
Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Form
=

Complainants (Information about you)
-
Complainants' Name:[_______________________________]
Complainants' Occupation:[___________________________]
Complainants' SO:[_____________________________]

Respondant (Person who you are filing a Complaint against)
-
Respondants' Name:[_______________________________]
Respondants' Occupation:[____________________________]
Respondants' SO:[_________________________________]

File a **Witness to Discrimination/Harassment form** if you have any witnesses to the event

The Complaint:
-
Please "X" all boxes that apply:
Race[__]   Species [__]  Galatic Common Proficiency[__] 
Religion[__]  Disability[__]  Sex[__]  Gender[__] Age[__]
Sexuality[__] Assault[__] Murder[__] Monkification[__] 
Transformation into a different Species[__]
Swapped your mind with another species[__]
Dusted/gibbed[__] Brainwashed[__]

I experienced harassment or disrespectful behavior, but it isn't not based on any of the protected characteristics listed above. [__]

I experienced retaliation for filing a complaint or participating in an investigation.[__]

The respondant has created a hostile workplace environment[__]

Please describe fill the **Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Report** form with the conduct that you believe violates Nanotrasons Harassment and Discrimination Prohibited Policy or Respectful Workplace Policy

Complainants' Signature:
-

To Do List

• Finish making score cards for department inspections, crewmember performance review forms, and Employee applications for ghost spawn roles.

• Decide how I want the HRT (Human Resource Technician) units to behave. Do I want them to have limited phrases/words like EPS units?

• Continue refining workers harassment procedures

• Research more about how HR departments function for more inspiration

4 Likes

And yes there is a pretty big distinction between being mindswapped with another species and transformed, mindswappage might allow the respondent to return to their original body

What does HRT stand for?
Human Replacement Theory?

Human Resource Technician, it says it in the post.

1 Like

I didn’t spot it!
Technician is a funny word to use in that context, like when they call janitors “custodial technicians”, lol.

1 Like