Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
Perma
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/03/01
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Just gonna post the exact ban message since it seems that would be the clearest way of explaining “As Acting Captain, suicided in the Contractor dojo after being abducted. DC’d before I could bwoink, explain on the forums.”

Appeal Reason:
To clear things up for the admin, I go to a college and I live in a dorm building. During the time of the round several OOC events occurred seeing that I live with people they tend to come and be bothersome even in the early hours of the morning. Especially the ones that pull the fire alarm which forced me away from the game for a good 35 minutes. So in a lapse of judgement and the safety of myself SS13 came secondary, I said to myself its best just to suicide and exit the building. I understand this may be an outlandish reason and if you choose to continue enforce this ban, I understand. As command you gotta be there and not just kill yourself as it is a waste of your position and the power that comes with it.

I’ll handle this tomorrow morning but for now - this isn’t an actual permaban, just a way to make you come to the forums to explain yourself. We usually apply these to people who disconnect before we can bwoink or mid-ticket if we want to talk more to them.

Gotcha I understand, Just wanted to clear this up cause i understand how it can look not the best from an admins perspective.

Also remember that heads of staff are required to ahelp whenever they cryo/have to go, so in hindsight if you sent a “Hey irl emergency need to leave” on the ahelp and then close the game it would’ve been fine, ofc it makes sense if a fire alarm goes off it’s… hard do everything in order.

1 Like

Let’s not expect the guy to act rational with potential life threatening danger looming over him.

4 Likes

If it truly was an IRL emergency then I’m perfectly fine with lifting the ban completely.
Just, for the future, hit ahelp first in situations like this.

And there we go, ban lifted.