Ban Type:
Role, Server
Ban Length:
3 days. | 1 day.
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/01/07
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Got one humaned on asimov. Stated their laws multiple times afterwards including the law 0. The captain then headed to the upload where he first tried to reset the laws (hacked upload board), while the AI kept stating the laws then crewsimoved it. Openly stating that you have a law 0 will nearly always lead to human harm, the same goes for intentionally letting your laws get changed. Apart from that it is also a violation of the “be excellent” rule towards the traitor. If you think this was made in error make sure you appeal it on the forums.
Appeal Reason:
I did not break any rules, I was never told to not state my laws, in fact, the person that subverted me never told me to do anything until I was on crewsimov.
I have never asked the Captain to change my laws either, saying that someone is the only human is not an inherent malicious statement, and reaching to any other conclusions would be OOC knowledge, which I as the IC Station AI would not be able to know.
The Station AI is a computer, I am not here to assume things without 100% irrefutable proof, I am here to act upon what the people are currently doing. Nobody ever said anything about harming the said only human, thus I don’t conclude anything as the IC AI.
I always state law changes, unless I’m explicitly told not to.

This is an RP server, I should not act based on OOC knowledge.
Additional Information:

I’d think that stating someone being the only human puts them at the danger of crew retaliation, as no innocent man would one-human themselves just for the kicks of it.

It’d make sense to understand as an AI that outing your one-human will end up on them getting harmed in the long run.

Even if that wouldn’t be the case, don’t you think that it’s a bit stinky to out the one-human so freely in the first place? It seems pretty unsporting to me, and I wouldn’t like to have AIs on station which you couldn’t count on due to technicalities that they may apply or ignore freely to further their own enjoyment.

1 Like

I always state and and all law changes unless I am explicitly told not to, this was just another law change that I stated like any other.

And I don’t think that’s necessarily the correct way of handling these, as we already stated that announcing this law might end up causing harm to your only human. Surely a player with your many hours is aware of this.

1 Like

I may be, but as the IC Station AI I’m not to make assumptions based on OOC knowledge or superstitions.

An IC AI will surely reach the same conclusion.

• Oh, new law. This guy is the only human.
  • I’m going to state the law change as an AI always do.
  • But wait! Stating the law change can conflict with my other’s laws, telling me I need to prevent human harm, as I’m putting my only human in the spot.
  • Huh, I better just keep it quiet then.

(imagine this happening on a nanosecond, as that’s how much time it would take for a supercomputer to reach this conclusion)

If that’s not accurate, please let me know the IC AI’s train of thought here.

3 Likes

By the way, when I first got one human’d, I wasn’t even on asimov, they purged all other laws and ‘X is the only human’ was my only law, the Captain then set me to asimov later.

This sounds like you’re being malicious on purpose. You’re not new and you should know how it works.

Ban should stay.

1 Like

I’ve actually always done this when I was converted and was not told to not state my laws, so I thought that is how it works.

Even FreshMeatLover himself admitted that I didn’t break any written rules, but he interpreted it like that anyways.

Then surely what 3 admins already told you and the day ban might be enough to understand it for any future cases.

EDIT: now 4*

1 Like

Gonna be honest here, this is kind of stupid. Stating a law that says “Only X is human” puts said humain in the spotlight of command and security in an instant, exposing them to possible harm.

Ban should stay imo.

1 Like
    • I wasn’t on asimov when the law was first created.

How do I format even bigger text? Seems like I need to do that.

So you’re saying that you got purged first, then one-humaned?

In that case, what’s the intent of announcing law changes, if you’re not bound by any other laws but the one-human?

1 Like

Because I always announce my law changes, and this is no exception. I have already said that multiple times.

An as it was said multiple times, that’s unsporting of you, in this particular context, as it’s clearly stated in the 1 day ban: “Apart from that it is also a violation of the “be excellent” rule towards the traitor.”

I am not a person as the Station AI, I am a computer and such take things very literal. They’re the only human? Okay. Good for them I suppose. For all I know a monkey could have changed my laws. I will state these directives as I do with any other, they are not an exception.

This is an RP server, I do not act on OOC game knowledge. I do not make assumptions.

This may be a peanut but still in topic, i really want to know a thing regarding these ai law, dont AI have to assume for the better (ie, not assuming the captain going to change law for the worst, not assuming someone going to do bad things if we let them into a place that isnt restricted, not assuming the non human will hurt the human for no reason, etc.) If AI dont have prior cause to think otherwise?

(Cause an admin once told me i cant assume the worst,and its wrong when i tried to stop the captain who came in my upload and wordlessly changed the laws, which also broke sop regarding ai law change needing a captain and RD/other head perms)

Like if this one human, never been mentioned by the station as a wanted man, or no one ever told the ai they want to arrest/hurt this said person, AI have no reason to assume the station want to hurt this person even if it stated the laws, no?

1 Like

Enforcing space law isn’t in your laws.

1 Like

Are the Admins going to just wait until my 3-day ban is over?

2 Likes