Bilary banned by FreshMeatLover RETROACTIVELY?

Title: [CKEY] banned by [Admin’s CKEY]

CKEY:
Bilary
Admin’s CKEY:
FreshMeatLover
Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
604800 seconds
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/05/31
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
“Put a giant ASCI troll face into the curse of madness as a wizard. You have been here for ages and definitely should know better especially considering the amount of notes you have. Left before i could bwoink them. Appeal on forums if you think this was made in error. Applied retroactively.
Appeal Reason:
Seriously? “Applied retroactively”? What the fuck? Yeah, I left the server, after the god damn round was over. This is honestly just unfair bullshit, I was bwoinked at the start of the round about the ASCII trollface and it was resolved then and there, why then do you feel like you have to sneakily ban me the NEXT round?

And - yes. Let’s discuss the ASCII troll face. It’s a fucking curse of madness, it’s not supposed to make sense (It actually does make sense as Xeapor pointed it out), the wizard already has so many OOC references, fuck, there’s literally a Touhou reference immediately right of you when you spawn in as a wizard. A humorous troll face as the curse of madness text of all things isn’t something that’s more out of place than all the other Wizard shit. Especially considering because it’s the curse of madness.

Additional Information:

7 Likes

I was in this round, and I thought a troll face was pretty good for something called curse of madness…

6 Likes

I wasnt there for this so i cant say why this was done by @FreshMeatLover
But rule breaks are rule breaks
wether we notice right away, a round after, or in 3 weeks time while randomly seeing it in some log file
does not matter

Yeah the thing is, it was instantly seen and I was immediately contacted by an Admin, told to not do it again, and it was settled. And then he had a change of mind or something in the next round, where I wasn’t present anymore, and I shouldn’t be expected to be, and he decided “nah nevermind I’ll ban you lmao”

5 Likes

Hmmm

Well i still dont know any context but that isnt ideal if true

1 Like

Uhm what. Basically, I got told to join sage because of said wizard incident. I joined and noticed that the round had already restarted. I was told to handle it and that is what I did.

I was immediately bwoinked by another admin at the start of the round for it and it was resolved there.

1 Like

Now that is interesting. I was unaware of that I’m afraid. Also i just put retroactively there to let other admins and myself know that the ban was applied in a different (the round after) round to make logdiving easier.

Also why did you put it into seconds. The ban duration was 7 days if i remember right.

I’m going to look into this then. I actually had no idea that it was already handled.

That’s 7 days.

1 Like

Alrighty, I’ve looked into this and also discussed this with other admins, including heads and our host ghost.
I apologize how this was handled in regards to it being ruled an IC issue and then getting banned for it later. It was ruled to be an IC issue by a moderator and mistakes happen.

Ultimately my point still stands. This was against our rules. You have been playing here since 2018, been an admin and ontop of that you have 60 notes. You definitely should know better.

I’ve decided to reduce the ban to five days considering the confusion surrounding it.

Appeal accepted