Biggamer34 Admin App 4: Salvation

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Biggamer34

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Pat-Rick#3790

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
Either early in the morning Mountain time (2-6AM) or late at night mountain time 4-9PM) unless I have something going on

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
More law & order when it comes to griefers & all that. Some minor shennanagans as well.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
Mostly, I just find being a space Dm to be fun, and I also want to help out my favorite server of all time

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Around 2019

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
The first server I connected to (I think), About 2019
1133 hours alive and 342 ghosting

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
About an 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
About a 7

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
N/A

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
N/A

Your strengths:
I got told on an old feedback page that I had a good customer service tone

Your weaknesses:
I do believe that I take jokes too far sometimes.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Let’s say you’re grillin, right?
Some guy comes up and asks for a dog, so you say okay,
And then you give him his dog, and he asks for two, even though he only asked for one

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Patience

What makes a staff team good?:
Coordination & Openness

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To improve the experience for everyone involved

What kind of player are you?:
Play lowpop paramedic, talk with the (medical) crew, reinforce the Medbay Class-Consciousness

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I do not think I will. But I do think I will get a better understanding of how people play the game, and more respect for their roleplay.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
So, what we have here is classic clown shenanigans. Honestly, I’d not do anything in this case provided that it’s green, and that there isn’t a situation going on at the time. However, if it’s on blue or there’s a standoff happening, that’s self-antag. I’d like to let IC consequences take power, and if a HOS does not have the ability to arrest a clown and put em’ in perma or whatever in green alert, then they have no business being the Head of Security.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Plasmaflooding is the coward’s way to grief. They deserve an ahelp asking why they did it, and a permaban regardless of their answer.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Nothing (Insert funny admin shtick here, subtle message anyone?)

I would also like to say that I have gotten more settled into MRP since my last app, and I am having a great time.
And heads up, if this does get accepted, I will have to take a very long hiatus starting late June cause’ I go into basic training then.

1 Like

Hm, I’ve got some questions for you to answer but first:

This is still self-antag even on green. The x-01 multiphase is a highrisk item. It’s bad enough the clown is taking it here but it becomes worse that the clown player chucked it into space. This goes beyond simple clown shenanigans and definitely breaks our rules so long as the clown wasn’t an antagonist. IC consequences are well and good but it’s important to know what’s too far. Imagine if a clown in real life were to trip an officer, grab their gun from their holster, and throw it into a sewer drain, not great yeah?

That said let’s hear some responses before and decisions

1. A contractor is loose on the station and the HoS calls for deputies due to few officers. After the HoS makes this announcement John NanoTrasen makes a spear and multiple molotovs and starts roaming maints as a non-antag. What would you do here, if anything?

2. The mime, a non-antag, breaks into the bridge on lowpop with no command. He then gets the spare and moves to the HoPline while the rest of the crew is holding a vote for acting captain, what do you do, if anything here?

3. As you’re observing a heretic round, you see a paramed in maints who spots a heretic rune and immediately shouts on comms “HERETICS”, shortly after he sees a heretic, blade out and ready dragging a body through maints. The paramed runs up and tries to pull the body away several times until the heretic attacks him, the paramed then pulls out a saw and crits the heretic. At what point, if any, would you have bwoinked the paramed and what would you have said?

4. You’re watching a round in which an assistant is going around acquiring lots of gamer gear, insuls, tools, etc etc. Later the assistant gets arrested for trespass and spends the rest of his round after release calling every officer shitsec, spitting at them, belittling them, and generally harassing them. What would you do, if anything?

1: The problem here is that John didn’t actually sign up to be a deputy, making a spear is powergaming, and molotovs are a just generally bad idea, powergaming & validhunting for just patrolling maints like that with weapons drawn.

2: On lowpop, without being elected you can’t steal the spare here without it being self-antag, you need really good justification for that kind of thing, like a victory in an election.
I haven’t actually read any policy on if elections are even allowed, I kind of just assumed so because it’s somewhat common on lowpop, please correct me on if it’s not allowed, if it’s not, that’s self-antag.

3: I’d say that this is validhunting & meta-knowledge. Heretics are scary man, a paramedic is built to fish bodies out from maint after the threat is gone. Calling out heretic like he did is also meta knowledge. As for the point he tries to pull the body away, it’s kind of impossible to do so in maintenance without whoever being able to catch up to you, especially a heretic, provoking a fight with an antag like that is validhunting.
I’d bwoink em’ after calling out heretic and tell him to not metagame,
And then bwoink em’ after the encounter with the heretic and tell them to not validhunt & give em’ a note.

4: Getting insuls & gamer gear is also powergaming, unless he’s actively helping engineering or whatever, which he (Probably) isn’t doing. As for the second part about the harassment, it’s debatably IC, but could easily break rule 7 if he goes out of his way to go and do it, instead of just turning a corner and muttering something about shitcurity like a broken grey record, and then going on to do assistant stuff somewhere else.
So, Powergaming & a rule 7 violation if he goes out of his way to do it, and if it’s super bad.

Minor correction for #2, it would have been self-antag for the Mime anyway, I messed up my words when I was talking about the election when I said “If It’s not, that’s self-antag”

For 1 and 2 what would you do, if anything in these cases? For 1 assume its a 2 hour player with no notes and the mime is an experienced player with a history of LRP/NRP.

For number 2 lets treat ot like an actual ahelp, respond with whay you would message them.

Im probably gonna look dumb here but I dont think there is actually policy on this, but durong lowpop it’s more or less become common practice to elect an acting captain due to never having command players on lowpop. As long as there is an election and its well RPd noone is likely to say anything.

Correct here, I’ve seen it too many times where a paramed will rush an antag to pull away dead bodies clearly trying to provoke a fight so they can “defend” themselves

Also correct here, yeah the assumption here was the player going out of there way to act horrible to sec so you covered it.

Ill wait for an answer for 1 and 2

1: John Nanotrasen
Good evening, If I can ask, why are you in maintenance with molotovs and a spear, and have you read this server’s rules?
(John’s Response)
I understand, but that breaks rule 2 for powergaming. I’m gonna have to ask you to drop the molotovs and the spear in front of you.
(John’s Response)
Yes, in front of you in maintenance.
(John’s Response)
Thank you, please keep the rules in mind next time, and please actually sign up to be a deputy & listen to the HOS’s orders before taking action, have a nice day.

And then I’d delete the molotovs, cause that crap’s dangerous, the spear can stay in maintenance though. Leave it for some intrepid Secoff to find.

2: Mime Moment
Good evening, can I ask why you broke the spare safe open and are in the HOP chair?
(Mime’s Response)
I understand, it’s quite noble of you to want to speed along the process, and I trust that you would not give yourself AA, but it’s still powergaming.
(Mime’s response)
Yes, please move the spare back into command, and then find a way out without using it. I recommend flushing yourself down disposals. Unfortunately, I will also have to give you a note for this.
(Mime’s response)
Okay, you have a nice day.

In the case of number 1, make sure to leave a note too, its important to document things that you have to talk to a player about so that later admins know if this had been a consistent problem

“Relax admin, i just need the AA for a funny gimmick, I’m not planning to do anything bad”

My apologies, but you don’t need AA. Please drop it, and if you’d like to, explain the gimmick, I might be able to do something if it’s a good one.

Alright, I think I’ve created enough nonsense for other admins to have to read when they show up to ask their questions. Overall you seemed to understand the issues in each situation but your responses don’t fill me with a ton of confidence, however it’s nothing that couldn’t potentially be sorted out through some training and experience. Remember that notes aren’t some form of punishment and should be issued any time you talk to someone about a rules violation, this allows admins later on to see if the player has already been spoken to about the issue.

For now I’m going to have to do the thing i generally dislike seeing, and I’m going to go with a +0.5, as I said while I don’t feel entirely confident seeing your answers, my concerns could all be potentially settled with training.

T: +0.5

Today I shall forget links to earlier stuff two days after I should have originally posted them with the application
The First One
The Second one
The Third One

Le Feedback Page

I was also a mentor a while ago

Sorry I’ve been busy and didn’t find time for some bee business like this app.

1. You are observing a round when you notice a traitor carrying 8 meth grenades loitering around the hop line, not saying anything. You notice the traitor has two steal objectives that have been completed, and has uttered five whole sentences since the beginning of the round 1 hour ago. Do you do anything?

2. You receive this ticket: “Jonathan Garland powergaming”. How do you do next?

3. You finish dealing with a player who was powergaming. Later on, they open another ticket asking: “Hey, so if I can’t grab a gun as assistant. What can I do? What’s the deal of this server? What do I do if an antag attacks me?”. The player’s profile is rather new, but it is clean of incidents and doesn’t seem to be one belonging to a problem player.

4. Assume you have admin perms for this question. The Captain prays “do your worst”, so you flood his office with roaches and make a CC announcement explaining that this was the result of an incident with the pipes. The Captain then runs to the comms console and writes messages berating the admiral (you) and Nanotrasen. What do you do next if anything?

Yeah, stuff’s a bit hectic for me too at the moment,

1: That player is immensely suspicious considering his circumstances. Assuming that he has the usual three objectives, the third being escape on the shuttle or whatever, this just sets off alarm bells. One grenade as a strategic destruction device is fine, but eight meth grenades is more than enough to effectively destroy the function of an entire department, like, medbay is useless if everyone has to wear EVA suits. Bwoink him with the following,
“Hello sir, I understand that you’re an antag, but what are you doing with enough meth grenades to blow up a fifth of the station?”
Check his account for bans and stuff, keep an eye on him, and carry on the ahelp from there.
The best possible outcome is for him to get rid of most of them

2: Respond with “How So?” And then check Garland’s antag status and inventory and whatnot while he answers.

3: "Hello! Yeah, Beestation is an MRP server, it’s kind of purpose is to have a more roleplay based experience for all involved, while not going full on HRP. What you usually do, is just do your job, talk with the other people around, and try not to die. That doesn’t mean that shenanigans aren’t allowed, but should ask yourself if it’ll negatively affect other people when you’re playing before you do a gimmick or whatever.

And for the antag bit, you really shouldn’t think of antags attacking you all the time, it’s statistically low, and less fun imo. But if you do get attacked, I like to think of it as hard mode. Your first option should be to run and call for help, a well prepared antag will obliterate even the man with all the ordnance in the world. But if you are cornered, and escape is impossible, fight for your life. Hard mode is hard, because you aren’t as powerful as the enemy, but you sure get more out of playing on hard than easy. But still you should try and run if at all possible, spacemen are but men, and Antags wield far more power than you. Security’s job is to deal with security threats, and are far more effective than a lone assistant with a spear. Run and call security whenever possible.
“The wise warrior avoids the battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

And remember, Antags are not the point of the game, it’s called “Space Station Thirteen” because it’s about the story of everyone on SS13, and not “Traitors on Space Station Thirteen”. You’ll have more fun working with your crewmates.

Also, you should read the rules if you haven’t Rules - BeeStation Wiki"

Edit: You should also go look at rules 2-3 and 7-8 specifically, they kind of set the tone for the server, while also being rules to know what you can and can’t do

4: Sending messages to CC complaining about the pipes of HIS station is a massive waste of Nanotrasen’s time and resources. Send a CC inspector to ensure that we didn’t make a clerical error hiring him.

Wouldn’t this be a bad time to apply then? How long would you be gone for?

I’ll vote in the next day or two, been putting it off.

Yeah, It probably is a bad time, I was thinking more about how cool it’d be to admin again and how much fun it was, and not when I was going into the army lmao, still a bad idea on my part though about the timing of it all

But yeah, ~10 weeks

You might be better off delaying your application until you’re back. Not sure it would work out well having such a long leave towards what would be the end of your Mod period, assuming you got accepted that is. I’d probably wait for a Headmin to comment on that first though. Regardless of that, I said I would post again, so here’s some questions.

1. You spot a non-antagonist Paramedic acquire a syringe gun and a circular saw, they then go to chemistry and ask one of the Chemists for a morphine syringe that they load into their syringe gun. Upon questioning them they respond that they were preparing the items for self defense because they saw someone kill one of their coworkers earlier and the station is on Red alert because of it. Rules broken if any?

1. You receive a ticket from a Mime claiming that they were just murdered for no reason by a Lizard Assistant named “Boris White”. When questioned the Assistant explains that the Mime spoke and was therefore valid, so they killed them. They have a fairly old account, but with only a few hours here on the actual server. Neither of them are antagonists. Rules broken if any?

1. You notice two players get into a shoving match with eachother, one of them escalates to punching, the other player then promptly pulls out a knife and crits them for it. They then walk away and make no attempt to heal the person they just critted, resulting in them dying. Neither of them are antagonists or have spoken to eachother during this entire ordeal, nor do they open a ticket for it. Rules broken if any?

After discussing this with llol we both agreed that it might be best for you to postpone your application until after you have completed your service.

There’s no real point in being accepted now and then going on a 10 week hiatus. I hope that is understandable.

Thank you for making an app nonetheless though and hopefully we can see you making another app after your service is done!