Biggamer34 Admin App 3: Rise of the Machines

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Biggamer34

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Pat-Rick#3790

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
Either early in the morning Mountain time (2-6AM) or late at night mountain time 4-9PM) unless I have something going on

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I think that I’d like to do more little plot lines and stuff if there’s nothing going on in a round.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
I was playing space man game a bit ago, when some doofus plasmaflooded the station, died, came back with his name as a racial slur, and detonated the syndicate lavaland base bomb, no admins were on, so nothing bad happened to him, I think. Round relatively ruined

I also find being a space DM to be very fun, and had a very good time the last two times I was one

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Since Ssethtide, so around 2019 or so

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
My first, and really only server that I play on at all, loved Golden back in the day
If it’s asking for playtime, I have like, 991 hours alive and 323 ghosting

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I’d say an 8, at best

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
I’d give a 7

I’ve actually been an admin on this server two times earlier, but that was a while ago, I guess I should put the stuff for that here, if anywhere
here’s the links to the apps and the feedback page I had back then
(Apps)

(Feedback Page)

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
N/A

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
N/A

Your strengths:
Not banned and I got no admin strikes
I like to think I’m pretty laid back

Your weaknesses:
Sometimes, I’ll go a bit too far with a joke I think

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Y’know when you’re like, grillin’ or something right? And you make 2 hotdogs, nobody asked you to make them, you just did it to be nice. Then the person who you give the hotdogs to goes and says, “Why didn’t you make 3 hotdogs” y’know stuff like that kinda ticks me off.
(I just copied this from the earlier app cause I have no better way to describe it)

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Patience, hands down

What makes a staff team good?:
An understanding of the people that you’re staffing for
Coordination’s also pretty cool too

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To improve the experience for everyone involved

What kind of player are you?:
Play paramedic, patrol maint for bodies, do surgery, the life
I played xenobio back in the day for a bit, that was fun
Ai’s also pretty chill to play

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
If I as a person change because I become an admin in a niche internet space simulator, only god can help me

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Pod the gun back in the HOS’s office and tell em’. If the HOS doesn’t know that the clown spaced it, then tell em’, bwoink the clown and tell him not to do it, clown gets permabrigged, HOS gets his gun, everyone’s probably happy except for the clown.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Plasmaflooding is the worst thing ever, ask him why he plasmaflooded. He’s getting permabanned anyway.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Nothing

2 Likes

Retracting this, just got a fairly bad note, can’t do admin stuff if you don’t know the rules

God bless ye admins that are out there right now

You app may be lacking in some areas, but is still interesting, especially considering you were already staff without any significant incidents to your record.

However, it must be said that the server and the community have changed a lot in 2 years. There is now a much greater emphasis on Rp than before, mainly to try and promote round diversity.
I believe you may not fully realize that, which explains your recent note and some of the wording in this app.

Regardless, you seem genuine and most importantly, seem understanding.
I think it’s perhaps for the best if you take a step back for at least a month, play on the server, get a feel of the community nowadays, and then decide if it is worth it for you to admin in the current environment, or if you’re looking for a different experience.

Have a good one, thanks for applying.

Hey, I’m the one who left a note. I don’t think what you did is horrible,if anything it’s what we were used to on old Bee. As Hal said, a lot changed, just get used to the new mindset!
(you were also far nicer than most in the ticket, so congrats for that)

Going ahead and closing this then. Feel free to reapply in a month or a bit less. Your app looks good though, so feel free to apply again once you are more settled in.