WilsonPH
Ban Type:
Note
Note Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/01/07
Round ID:
Not sure
Ban Reason:

“Ordered a combat mech on green alert, admitted to doing it in just in case stuff goes wrong and that they did not read our rule 1 'you must roleplay.”

Appeal Reason:
Hello, I’m appealing this note as it does not reflect what happened. It is true that on a green alert I asked the roboticist to make me a security robot. However I did not ask for a mech to be built. I asked for a ED-209. The misunderstanding came from me not knowing the name of this robot at the time, and the roboticist assuming I was asking for a Gygax. I also assume the roboticists Ahelped me about requesting the mech on green. However In the admin log it was cleared up after WilsonPH asked me why I requested Gygax to be built and my reply was “I didn’t, I asked for the red sec robot.”

Additionally the note mentions “…and that they did not read our rule 1 'you must roleplay.” Again, untrue. WilsonPH ended the Ahelp by suggesting I read the rules again, I did not admit to not reading them as I have probably read them all five times over. I’m not suggesting the rules are unclear, I do however think that there is a lot of personal interpolation with what can be considered normal.

Additional Information:
The first thing I did after deciding I wanted to make ED-209 was ask HOS for permission, and a second disabler. HOS imminently replayed something along the lines of “sounds fun.” handing me the disabler despite it being green. I’m not throwing him under the bus. I am however pointing out I had IC permission to do so from my boss.

6 Likes

Long time bump

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a mistake on my part, I was dealing with something similar previously so uh, misjudged you, apologies for that.

Ticket logs

WilsonPH/(Ceti AD)->BIDP/(Foolish): Hey, could I ask, did you order a Gygax to be built?
BIDP/(Foolish)->WilsonPH/(Ceti AD): ah yes, but not compelete
WilsonPH/(Ceti AD)->BIDP/(Foolish): okay, but why did you ask for a combat mech on Green?
BIDP/(Foolish)->WilsonPH/(Ceti AD): its a compat mech? i asked for the stun one
WilsonPH/(Ceti AD)->BIDP/(Foolish): …okay? Still, why did you ask for a mech for a purposes of combat on green alert
BIDP/(Foolish)->WilsonPH/(Ceti AD): it just tough it would be good to have around deactivated in sec if we needed it. trying to get one built during an event wouldn’t be posable right?
WilsonPH/(Ceti AD)->BIDP/(Foolish): Why did you think so, might I ask?
BIDP/(Foolish)->WilsonPH/(Ceti AD): well, if the station gets chaotc the first thing people do it stop working and gear up. as sec i would also be deeling directly with the event and not able to detor to robotois and get one built. if that isn’t a think i’m aloud to do thats fine i just didnt know
WilsonPH/(Ceti AD)->BIDP/(Foolish): Please re-read our rule 1, you must roleplay, theres a point there that goes#Most shifts (aka “rounds” out-of-character) are “normal” for your character. Rounds are typically non-canon, and only the current shift is abnormal/crazy/etc
BIDP/(Foolish)->WilsonPH/(Ceti AD): ah sure thing
WilsonPH/(Ceti AD) has created a note for BIDP: Ordered a combat mech on green alert, admitted to doing it in just in case stuff goes wrong and that they did not read our rule 1 'you must roleplay.

Still odd that you’d ask for an ED-209 on Green alert ‘just in case’, especially considering that Sec wasn’t exactly understaffed

Sec manifest logs

[REDACTED] \ Onyx Thorson \ Head of Security \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART
[REDACTED] \ Millii \ Security Officer \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART
bidp \ Foolish \ Security Officer \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART
[REDACTED] \ Axel Hawker \ Security Officer \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
[REDACTED] \ Discovers-Fire \ Security Officer \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
[REDACTED] \ Morgan Strange \ Security Officer \ NONE \ LATEJOIN

Will you be fine with me adjusting the note to say

Asked the roboticists to build an ED-209 on Green alert before anything happened ‘just in case they needed it later’

?

1 Like

Yeah that’s a totally reasonable note. I think that reflects what happened!

1 Like

Also i just realised how bad my spelling and how illegible I was in that conversation. Sorry!

Eh no worries.
Note adjusted, you can verify that in-game.