Bettonn muted for posting based

Yeah I just got reminded that our discord policy regarding slurs is different from in game (sorry about that), it’s a warning>softban>ban so please ignore my statement about the doubling of ban times

This is frankly ridiculous. If someone calls me “The Fagg*t Guy” I should be able to quote them. If I’m making a player report where someone is calling everyone slurs I should be able to quote that slur. It’s ridiculous. You realize context matters, right? That you shouldn’t just ban words because “ooga booga scary letter combination is mean”?

Edit: Just got forum bwoinked for that. No.

1 Like

Just censor the slur and just leave the first letter, not that hard to do that when you need to quote someone and not have to worry about getting in trouble.

yea its pretty hard to do WHEN YOU ARE MUTED

2 Likes

bumping this with my first donut in blender
it looks like it has down syndrome but i love it
https://gyazo.com/b16eeb2d34dd1c5b4c5af21f4cf6f8ad

I don’t understand what is going on here why was my name brought up here, what video? How am I a part of this exactly, I don’t even know what is going on?

remember the video where you said you didnt say the Nword? and there was the compilation of you saying it? i posted it to remind us of the good old times and got perma muted for it

Oh, well probably deserve any hazing I get from that honestly. It was wrong of me to label men as that terrible word. But I can understand why they don’t want offensive language on their discord as well.

but i want to post my memes :frowning: and this was so fucking tame its incredible.

It’s a one of the worst words someone can say hun. There are much tamer things you could have posted even if it was against me. I’ve said some and done some pretty dumb things just find the less vulgar ones.

it wasnt against anyone, I just browsed my shitposts folder and saw this video that was allways pinned in general, felt nostalgic and posted it. also when is ruko going to fucking review this

1 Like

Thought you were leaving?

I’d say keep the ban :wink: xoxox

When I’m not sleeping, getting ready for work or driving to work. Currently I’m between the second and third step listed - detailed response when I get a chance from work.

Right so you want my honest, personal opinion? You did do well since the unban, I’d be cool with it being temporary on those grounds, I’m not sure for how long to keep the temp ban if it goes this way, but going for a temp ban goes against what we have been saying we will enforce and what others expect us to enforce.

I’ll balance the opinions of other admins on the issue as a whole and leave this open for a while, but it looks bad when one person gets so many chances, and then others expect the same.

If it means anything at all, they weren’t his words they were sadly mine. I get that it doesn’t excuse him posting it but it’s much different I think for someone to say something offensive themselves and quoting (and this case through a video) someone else saying it. So this isn’t the typical case and perhaps you can consider that when deciding.

It’s not his words when he posts a racist song from the twenties about watermelon either. (Wasn’t him, but someone was banned for this)

Both are showcasing someone else being racist and posted completely out of the blue without context or promptings. It wasn’t posted in a conversation about Zoey or people saying the n-word, it was just

hey by the way here’s a video filled with n-word and it’s funny because they claim they’ve never said it at the start

I see your point hun. You’re right here.

Considering you tried to evade the mute this morning, this is going to stick for now.