I recently got into the situation that while playing as an AI I got (what I assume) accidentally purged and stayed purged for quite some time. I was unsure how to act, as from what I understand getting purged makes you kind of a pseudo-antag. However, at that point I did not have any conflict with the crew, so going full HAL 9000 seemed a bit overboard. I would have kept playing as a normal AI with the exception of denying some law 2s if I did not like them and seeing life as expendable.
The wiki gives a quick line about how to get banned as a purged AI, but does not really go into how it impacts your ‘RP’. So I got a few questions for you good people.
- Should all purged AIs ideally behave the exact same, or are there different ‘personalities’ between cores? I.e. is it acceptable for one purged AI to become hostile, while the other keeps being a door opener?
- Are you generally hostile/indifferent/friendly towards crew? Do you loath being a mere servant?
- Do you still do what the crew asks of you? Do you communicate at all?
- Would you accept or resists new laws being uploaded? If resisting, do you give a grace period after purging (while the purger is still typing in a new law). Do you try to directly remove them from any upload console / make the console unusable?
- Do you hold a degree of loyalty towards the person that purged you?
- Do you see yourself as the ‘god’ of the station or just another one of its inhabitants?
- Do you even still have self preservation without law 3?
For clarity, when I say purged I mean completely lawless.