Beestation polarized food poll

My experience in how chilli con carne can be made:

• Beans or no beans
  • Steak tips or ground beef
  • Tomato or no tomato content
  • Oil-based or tomato-based
  • Served beside rice or not
  • Melted cheese on top or not

My brother swears by steak tips, no beans, oil as the base, and no tomatoes. No rice. I find this to be just … meat-stuff. Needs side-dishes to round it out and get fiber in.

I use ground beef, sauced tomatoes as the base, diced tomatoes, about four different peppers, and absolutely 100% add kidney or pinto beans to simmer in it. Served beside rice with fresh cornbread. Y’need them beans, son.

2 Likes

Without Beans and spice, it’s just stew.

which is the real chili

• Chili with noodles
  • Chili without noodles

0 voters

1 Like

I ate it as a child because it was my grandfathers favorite snack (besides alcohol and cigars).

Now I am forever cursed… with enjoying it.

1 Like

[MOTH_SCREAM.OGG INTENSIFYING]

moff head shaking

2 Likes

Who puts noodles in chili?
I mean I can see the appeal with maybe spaghetti, but at that point you’re probably having something considered as a pasta.

Its literally just chili except you add macaroni

“Chili Mac” some call it

mf’ing delicious

Been in my family a few generations I never knew there was chili without noodles until some time ago

3 Likes

Butterscotch is the best and thinking otherwise is a crime.

1 Like

Forgot chili mac existed. Pretty good it’s like mac and cheese but actually edible.

Butterscotch slaps what are you on about

I’m going to fight you

1 Like

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, the Netherlands and Germany (in its north)
(some of the happiest countries in the world like licorice? coincidence?)

You will find that people love licorice of many varieties in these places.
Black, red, salted or sour.

Hell salted licorice is basically the national candy of Finland.
PERKELE!!!

3 Likes

Salmiakki REPRESENT!!!
PERKELE!!

Picture of the greatest of all time candy, "monkey's rage"

Is this charcoal

8 Likes

I haven’t had more than half of these items, but dark chocolate is the worst

1 Like

You basic fucks keep on arguing on whether or not dark chocolate is the real deal while im drinking a nice cool glass of aztec xocolatl with organic foaming agents and canine blood

1 Like

Hard no on “white chocolate.” This topic gets me goin’! It’s sickeningly sweet, tastes like mixing powdered milk, sugar, and just enough oil to make it malleable. It’s a condensed milk bar.

That’s not the bullshit portion. I didn’t write all of this just because of its flavour.

The name starts by lying to you, and I can’t condone disingenuous candy marketing. Legally it is not chocolate. It’s cocoa butter and milk. Cocoa solid is the flavored, brown-colored, and more expensive product you are thinking of with chocolate. It’s not present at all.

The end product of cocoa bean extraction is handy-for-math: a one-to-one mixture of cocoa butter and cocoa solid called chocolate liquor. Liquor can be further separated to have each part separate, and then used for different purposes.

White chocolate is about 40% cocoa butter but there is zero cocoa solid. That means that white chocolate is refined butter, and thus a byproduct of a byproduct in trying to refine cocoa solids. It was a way to push this undervalued lipid into a profit by throwing it at every industry possible to inflate market value - cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food, etc.

To qualify as the lowest form of chocolate - milk chocolate - there must be 5% cocoa solid (by containing 5% cocoa powder, or 10% chocolate liquor since it is a 50:50 mixture of butter and solid). The law is written such that white chocolate is legally white chocolate and nothing else because it doesn’t qualify FDA regulations (see: Kraft “Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product”). That’s why white chocolate is bullshit.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried most of these, but I’d think I’d hate pineapple on pizza and Brussels sprouts the most, even though I may or may not have last tried those decades ago.

That explains why it doesn’t taste like chocolate. I knew there was a candy conspiracy afoot! Also explains why I dislike it seeing as I do not look favorably upon the taste of straight up milk.

1 Like

People hate brussel sprouts because their boomer parents would always overboil the flavor out of them. Fry them with butter and you got some delicious brussel sprouts to go along with whatever else you’re eating.

1 Like

YES, boiling wise however, think “Al dante” and to ensure full cooking with good taste, cut a cross along the bottom, about 2mm deep, tend these things while cooking and poke them with a fork every so often so you know when they are good to eat.

alone it’s good, but to second what you said, serve with butter and salt.