Beestation polarized food poll

What I mean by polarized food are foods that people either love/hate strongly. I’m gonna list some common ones and see what people hate. Feel free to attack or defend the food choices, also felt like adding another poll about chili prefrences.

What polarizing food do you hate?
  • Black Licorice
  • Vegemite/Marmite
  • Candy Corn
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Duran
  • White chocolate
  • Dark chocolate
  • Anchovy
  • Pineapple on pizza
  • Blue Cheese
  • Cilantro
  • Garlic
  • Onions
  • Mushrooms
  • Olives
  • Cabbage
  • Spam
  • Asparagus
  • Chalky Candy (EX: Candy hearts, Candy Cigarettes)
  • Sashimi

0 voters

True chili ____
  • Has beans
  • Has no beans

0 voters

2 Likes

Fun food fact, the variety of Brussel sprouts that are consumed today are very different form the varieties eaten about pre-2000’s. The chemical compounds that caused Brussel sprouts to be extremely bitter was identified by the Dutch and new varities were then developed that had less of this compound.

So if you haven’t had Brussel sprouts about pre-2000’s/since the 90’s you might wanna give them another shot. The new varieties developed are the norm that you buy in most stories now

3 Likes

I refuse to believe anyone younger than 50 actually likes black liquorice and anyone that says they do they are lying.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:
liquorice is good, better than candies at least

3 Likes

Admins are exempt since they’re built different and likely all crazy.
or are all above 50 :^))))

Candy corn is the worst candy on the planet and if you disagree then you have a different opinion then me and I do not look down upon you for it. I will however be very disappointed if you give it to me on halloween.

1 Like

I hate liquorice and mushrooms, but there’s no option on the poll for “Every Single Fish Ever”, so.

1 Like

You must have covid if your taste is this far gone. Black Licorice rocks and anyone who says otherwise probably has never had it smh.

4 Likes

How do I downvote a post

Because “Every Single Fish Ever” isn’t a polarized food, though I am mildly amused that mushrooms out of all things are the most hated

Black liquorice tastes awful. I consider it child abuse to give it to kids on halloween since no kid should have to deal with it (speaking from SERIOUS trama as a kid, I will never forgive that sweet old lady(my grandmother))

I will die on this liquorice hill.

I despise seafood in general, so Anchovy was my obvious pick. I’ve never had licorice, blue cheese, brussel sprouts, vegemite, duran, or sashimi before but I do want to try the first three

Where’s the ‘salmiakki’ option?

Glad to see dark chocolate is so far up. I swear people who say they like it are just pretentious and want to feel more cultured than people who eat light/white chocolate.

I prefer dark chocolate over milk mostly because most milk chocolates actually make me physically ill and I have no idea what white chocolate is because it doesn’t taste like chocolate to me.

1 Like

I prefer dark chocolate because I like less sweet things usually, it’s a option you can have in a shared household that’s not gonna get stolen by family members/roommates, and I genuinely enjoy the flavor of 100% dark chocolate

Too niche, but now I have a new liquor to track down. I will forever die on the salted black licorice hill

Best entry into black licorice is through jelly beans, typically not as strong of a flavor. Blue cheese is a bit of a mixed bag and some people don’t like that it gets it flavor from a edible mold. Brussels sprouts just make sure the first time you try it, it’s at a nice restaurant/someone who knows how to cook it. Badly cooked Brussels sprouts are bad enough to make people hate it

1 Like

Also now I’m curious, who here has actually tried Duran? I have because I have access to a very good Asian market, I love the taste of it and the smell doesn’t deter me at all.

Black licorice and butterscotch are both boomer foods. Its dessert food back when they still didn’t have decent shit to cook with.