BeeStation All Grown Up™

No one going to read 1000 page rulebook of beestation, hell no one going to even bother writing one, we can just use common sense, and when you think an admin opinion is wrong, you can just appeal it here in forum, or talk it out in discord.

it took literal months to get what we have now, and I frankly would rather go back to simple rules after having it solve next to nothing.

Some people, due to the policy, have been open about being underaged

Changing it means that unless they purge that info, and it gets dugged up, technically admins can be obligated to ban them if they want consistency.

That isn’t a technicality or a ‘maybe’

We would be obligated to ban them.

2 Likes

Loosen up but not completely remove? Also what are those certain things? Because it kinda sounds like a pointless change that only makes it so certain people will be banned for slightly shorter than perma, while changing literally nothing for those that don’t want to be banned. In exchange several active players will be community removed because underage bruh.

4 Likes

Do you want Bee to allow full scale ERP? Because that’s what totally removing it means. None of staff and arguably the majority of our players wouldn’t want this to be an ERP server. (hopefully)

Hard erotica (WGW) and ERP will remain bannable, but will no longer be permabans unless the player is already deemed to be a major problem. It’ll be like breaking any other rule since we aren’t trying to “save the children” anymore, just trying to keep the server from going down the super-horny hole.

I don’t know how well you memorize when people share their age, but I sure don’t/didn’t. I know of about five people this would remove (and two of them are unfortunately quite good to have around, yes)

What changed your mind and made you suddenly decide this was a bad change @Mat05usz? You’ve been around for a long while and voted for this exact change in past polls on the community.

1 Like

Would underage people be permanently or temporarily removed?

They would be removed until 18.

Why not just let grandfathered accounts stay? It’s not like we’re allowing ERP anyway.

Unfortunately grandfathered stuff for other topics has also eventually lead to a collection of problems so all that will do is stave off the problem of managing ooc age requirements for players.

Additionally age is a binary thing. You’re either above a limit or below it. Unlike names(the other issue where some degree of grandfathering occurred, official or not) you can’t argue whether or not a persons falls within an age requirement; you can only argue if it is just and the correct way to move.

If you don’t see the issue with knowingly exposing minors to 18+ content, I have serious concerns.

Still not allowing X-rated content doesn’t mean there won’t be liability involved.

1 Like

The only change i can think of to allow minor to play with the age restriction is to allow people to see who is a minor in game to avoid exposing em, BUT that is wrong in a whole another way (exposing personal information etc).

having a litteral fucking target on you is just a horrible way to get beestation be known as the server full of predators

1 Like

Yep, exactly , thats what i meant by having no idea on how to allow minor to play while laxing the erotica rule without doing another wrong thing. Well violence shouldve already made ss13 minimal 18+, but like normal video games with violence rating, no one give a shit.

ERP is cringe, so no, I don’t.

I don’t care about ERP, I wouldn’t mind if it still resulted in permaban.

That’s what several means tho? I know about 5, more or less too.

Nothing changed my mind, as I would still like Bee to go 18+, but I have a hard time seeing what exactly will change for people that don’t want to be banned at all? Okay no more permabans for ERP, but like what if I don’t want to be banned at all?

What will I be able to do, that I am not currently, that will not result in any punishment?

That’s the question I would love to have answered.
Because if the answer is ‘nothing’, or ‘up to admin discretion’ then fuck it, it’s not worth removing several people when I don’t even benefit from it at all.

Edit: When I thought about the ‘Bee going 18+’ thing in the past, I thought it’s gonna be somewhat similar to teegee. Maybe not allowing gamer words (cause that wouldn’t pass, even if I myself don’t care), but wgw and shit would be fine.

1 Like

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

It’s kind of hard to give precise examples because such examples are still currently against the rules. I can’t really be more than vague about allowing dirty jokes and having lessened punishments for some of the (frankly dumb) shit we currently feel obligated to perma for.

Actual ERP itself would still hopefully be a permaban in most cases too, it’s just important that it doesn’t absolutely have to be if the conditions aren’t particularly bad.

I can try to placate you via discord DMs if you want?

so essentially we’re losing several active players but in exchange we get to make somewhat more sexual jokes but if we cross a vague line we still get banned. Even then, teenagers are literally making the jokes that you’re banning them so they don’t see, making beestation 18+ isn’t going to “save the kids” it’s just going to ban people from a game and community they’ve gotten to know so that the captain can make his 17th joke about his dick

2 Likes

Yeah that’s understandable.

Eh I’m still not sure if that’s worth removing several people.

Good, ERP is cringe.

Sure.

What the fuck kinda 18+ content you even talking about?
Probably need to be a bit more specific into exactly what this change will allow and what will still be forbidden.
Is it too late to change my vote?