Beating the Heat

First, fuck atmos.

I spent ~40 minutes trying to cool down sci after toxins got lit up, made multiple fully upgraded space heaters, placed them in correct locations, used air alarm to siphon and replace and even used the atmos resin. To no avail, the heat was still present and very deadly. The only thing that remained was to expose the shit to space, but I’d probably get banned for self-antagging, and I really didn’t want to either because why the fuck wouldn’t three things meant to cool it not work.

Side note, why do medibots stop healing you for the entire round sometimes? Is this a bug?

were you wearing a hardsuit? cus if your wearing certain hardsuits/armours you cant get healed by em

Nope, no hardsuit or anything that would prevent a mediborg’s hypospray, even. (Just regular roboticist clothes)

Maybe it’s trying to get to someone that’s no longer there?

I was the roboticist, so I tried quite a lot, even newly built medibots ignored me entirely, despite being in red condition.

Were you a race that can’t get healed with a hypo?

No, I was human.

20humanchars

he only thing that remained was to expose the shit to space, but I’d probably get banned for self-antagging,

you wouldnt unless badmin

Problem was that I’d have to expose all of sci, robotics, toxins and xenobio, the heat spread slowly over time, but it literally could not be stopped. I had 2 space coolers and atmos resin in most of robotics, but I was still dying to the heat

Waste loop was likely your main limiter. In Atmos it needs to be upgraded with for example T4 freezers/add a space loop/add many connectors with canisters to manage overfill/triple layer volume pumps/etc.

Practically speaking though, the fastest solution in that situation is to just RCD a section of the floor to create a breach then let the room repressurise.