BatteryBan Badmin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): BatteryBan

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Captainhotdog69#5761

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I’d say I’m able to admin most days of the week and weekend aside from maybe Tuesday and Thursday. (PST)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Bring back the badmin council and remove the player council.

How old are you?: As of now… 17

Why do you want to be an admin?: I wanted to come back to the life of a badmin for a while now seeing as Bee is sadly going through a state of depression (in terms of the number of old admins leaving). I felt somewhat empty seeing some old pals of mine disappearing in the abyss so I felt it was appropriate to come back and remind myself all is not lost.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I’d say a good solid year and a half

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 5 months~

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I know most the ins and outs and I’d consider myself a robustor so an 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I am definitely not god, but considering I have been an admin on this server prior to this application I’d say I’m more experienced than most so a 7 at least.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I did some work on a cringe Minecraft server.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No alts

Your strengths: I’m not dead and don’t have a job that wakes me up at 1 AM (I’m alive and can function past midnight)

Your weaknesses: Just as an SS13 player and this can be considered a weakness as an admin but I have the complete mindset of frontier justice as in is someone hits you wildly I believe it’s within your rights to crit them or lock them up or if someone is being an obtrusive twat you can shove them around and into walls or throw them for that matter.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Those who try to protect and use racial slurs freely. And Bee is full of that and that’s just the general autism bee has which is not a good thing whether or not it’s unironic.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: The most important and relevant trait an active staff member should have is patience and maturity I don’t care what people do outside the game they work for but on official forums (unless its a shitpost) or in-game you should try to act appropriately as long as it fits the theme of the area.

What makes a staff team good?: For a good staff team to exist it requires one big important factor, and that is communication. We see or at least we’re told that almost 99% of decisions that result in disaster are the direct results of some form of miscommunication. Admins and those alike should all complete knowledge of what they intend.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: The point of a staff team is to provide clarification and sometimes enforcement of rules on a server for the sole purpose people don’t break out of their restraining chains and kill their fellow brothers before calling themselves Immortan Dimas

What kind of player are you?: I gave up on being a valid hunter in riot armor though I still consider myself robust, I’m mostly laid back not trying to do anything that pushes the game’s limits but rather trying to do social stuff

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I think I’ll remain the same I kept the same mentality after my first run at being an admin

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Aight HoS gun it’s uhhh one of a kind and sometimes a traitor must-have. So assuming the clown isn’t a traitor and we witness this first hand we’ll ask the clown heyo why did you space the HoS gun, I hope you know it’s a one of a kind on the station and it’s pretty valuable. As long as he doesn’t give some wgw response the worst I would do is give the clown a note and delete the HoS gun because I don’t know of any way to teleport items and then I’d message the HoS telling him to go somewhere to retrieve a replacement and I’d let sec do whatever with the clown. Now if this clown has had some prior notes especially recent ones I think I’d apply at least a day ban for that (unless idunno the clown was being chased by the HoS and he somehow slips em and decided spacing the gun was a good idea in which I’d still apply a note but provide a bit of context with it.)

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: This is a very blatant griffer the easiest way to defuse it would be to jail the guy (centcomm prison) and talk to him there. Now no matter what this is going to be a ban on both servers if he’s brand new to the server with a brand new account I’d issue a perma ban because if he really wanted to be a part of this server he’d make an appeal. However should he be somewhat active and not to young to the server especially if he lacks any notes to speak of I feel as if he deserves at least a week ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I really don’t think this deserves any action, SS13 is all about figuring and testing things out and if you can’t experiment without fear of being banned well then we wouldn’t have fusion or CO2 SM setups. Unless this explosion occured .2 seconds into the round this does not deserv anything.

Additional notes: Make Kain a fullmin already.

Hey Battery,

I vaguely remember you as an Admin but am willing to thrown a +2 because the answers are good, you have quite good game hours and not really any notes.

Hm yes I am smart therefore I shall ban someone for a noteworthy thing just because he has recent notes
And week banning for a permaban issue is unbased

Doesn’t respect the drip in terms of democracy

Hot dog it’s a -1 from me, not that I get a vote

Not sure where you are getting at chief.

The guy hasn’t been banned has 1 note and has fairly good answers?

I meant as in his HoS gun and clown answer was that he would note him because that’s the solution, but he would also ban the clown if he had any type of recent notes non-related to the issue

uhhhh duhhhhhh cant remember brain hurt niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

1 Like

cringe ass redditor n word man good hail dimas

+2 seems good, be active or i will literally send you to citadel.

+2 Has pretty good answers and was once an admin. Currently we’re in need of good/badmins and I personally think Batteryban is fit for the job!

I mean, some Council members are admin (aka Kerbin, Zesk and Mark) and the old council was made into Seniormins, so dunno what’ya mean by that.

Explain? Any kind of note? Or notes related to fucking around with Sec?

master of being based and cumpilled too bad I can’t vote on admin apps

Aight bear with me because forums are wack and I don’t understand buttons.

What I was trying to get at with the whole admin council thing was that I simply disagree with how it was in ways disbanded and all former members of it received the title “Senior Admin” and from what I can tell this newfound position offers little more than the ability to fluff and a bit more respect other than that it might as well be the same thing as Admin. And the playercouncil I simply am no fan of, as it stands its more or less a joke those who should not have had the power they were given got that power (cough cough Dimas) and maybe these players would have served good figureheads but they never should have the ability to anonymously vote on server changing implementations and or rules, this should have been left to all the players.

And uhhhhhhh notes I’d look for something that had at least happened within that week and if they did already have a note depending on the severity or what it was (like you mentioned having to do with sec) I’d issue at max a day ban unless they already had at least two bans from the past two months (no were not counting nword bans towards that.) But if their chill or maybe they didn’t have a note relating to sec I feel as if a final warning note would be suitable for the case.

Senior Admins can edit admin permissions, as well as authorise/independently run events.

As @Caecilius said, Seniormins aint like, just a bragging rights hehe type of role. Hell, they are pretty similar to the old council minus the part where they intervene with admin strikes/notes, since that’s mostly handled by the 3 headmemes now.

+1-ish, ya were a goodmin back when i was a trialmeme.

I believe you will find that most of the actual senior admins disagreed with that.

Good answers, good opinions.

+2

It looks good to me. Here, have my +2 and good luck

Accepting at a +9 after 10 days.