Bastian0930 Admin app 3, this time 100% serious

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Bastian0930
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Bass#7050
How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
Right now? Any time after like, 4pm est. Maximum. That, however, is going to open up as I just finished school to probably about 2pm est.
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
The rare dual min, who has no life and can admin on both servers. Also, the syndicate radio as a side effect.
How old are you?:

18, I've been joking about my age.

totally

Why do you want to be an admin?:
Turns out, the game’s a lot more fun when dealing with autists. Oh, and half the time there’s no admins on. It’s sorta dumb.
How long have you been playing SS13?:
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I tend to put myself down as a 6 or 7 for combat, but a 8 for most other things.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
Couldn’t tell you. Ask one of the admins who was a admin with me. Maybe a 8 or 9?
Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
This one small one we call beestation, back when it had 110 lrp pop. Other then that, just a small private server for friends on minecraft.
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No.
Your strengths:
I can dualmin on both servers, at once, without losing admin quality. I’ll also listen to both sides of the story, which sounds basic, however some people lack it.
Your weaknesses:
I can come off aggressive off the start of a ticket.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Straight lying to my face. Even when logs are provided directly to them. Usually, however, it does not show.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
The ability to stay calm, and to listen to both sides.
What makes a staff team good?:
A whole team? I’d say the ability to talk out what they think of rules, and respectfully work to figure out “Hey, does this guy need a ban?” if that makes sense.
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To enforce rules, which in turn increases player enjoyment of the server.
What kind of player are you?:
The type of player to spend the round mentoring someone.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Probably not much. I’ve already been through the rounds of being a staff member for almost a entire year. Any change that would happen from being a staff member probably already happened.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Normally, this would be IC. However, due to a ruling change, this apparently is minor self antag. “In the event the victim is walking around with it out, then it is not self antag if they are shoved over and drop it, unless they are actively using it and there is not a more pressing need for the tool.”. This was just removed.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Permanent ban. This is obvious grief.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
IC.

3 Likes

You got them, there’s no way they can deny you now!

10 Likes

show your id and drivers license

Hm yes I will show my full name, and what not, to a bunch of internet strangers.

Sorry, but no.

Censoring all but your DOB while holding a piece of paper with your CKEY:
PMing it to an admin:
PMing an uncensored version to a headmin/Crossed in order to verify:

Not that hard, plus no one who’s sane would show their real data to the ss13 playerbase

+2
Requirements met
Headmin

Considering you have “the drought” isn’t it fine to try and trust the word of the guy. I remember Bastian was a meanie during his trial-memeing but then chilled out and was doing fine. Unless there were internal conflicts that we’re not aware of.
Why is there a 18+ rule anyway?

1 Like

Because admins have to deal with wgw which is “unsafe” for children

5 Likes

I abstain. I think bass would be a goodmin, but this “I’m 18 but actually no I’m 15 but actually no I’m 18” stuff is ehhhhhhhhh.

1 Like

why does it matter if hes 15 or 18 if he can admin then he can admin

4 Likes

he wants to do a lot of unpaid work in 2d spess men game, yet he gets rejected big kek

no clue why the 18 + rule came to be, but i wonder if its not some sort of personal thing

Because whenever someone is banned for NSFW content in main channels, it is frequently posted in admin chat as a record of why they were banned. not always, but it does happen. Whenever it doesn’t we frequently get nailed with “PROVE IT”

NSFW admin chat is a meme, but sort of exists too.

2 Likes

+2
T:+4
Just fucking end it, he was an admin here before

1 Like

Dropping +2 so it get’s denied sooner
T:+6

I will give a +2 because 1: Bastian can be a good admin. 2. We do not have enough good admins.
T:+8

haha bastian is everett 2.0

big meme

little curious on why you think that. you wanna explain more indepth in dm, so this isn’t off topic? if it brings valid points on why I’d be a bad/good admin, keep it in the open tho

+1 goodmin I am new mentor

I’m abstaining from voting due to the age policy, but I do want to say this:

If we choose to ignore the age restriction policy here for someone we know can be a good admin, it may as well not exist. If the reason it exists really is a legal one, this application can’t be accepted because his real age is widely-known. If it is accepted then the restriction should be abolished because we already know that someone doesn’t need to be 18 to be a competent admin, they just need to be mature.

2 Likes

what do you mean hes 18

3 Likes