Basicguy20 Player Report

If you can’t show restraint here, how do we know you will be able to in other situations?

1 Like

Nightmare basically killed me for no reason and then proceeded to make the round objectively worse for everyone else by smashing APCs,power storage units, and lights. But me typing one comment when I was going to die was the decisive factor in lowering round quality? Yeah right…

Not to mention the comment was you essentially talking to yourself, if I say “prepare for a show, ghosties” when I roll blob or something, should it also be taken as a rule break?

1 Like

If you ask me, yes.

That’s literally its goal though? To snuff out the lights around the station.

For real? Why? 15characters

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Random Nightmare Discussion Thread

‘You must roleplay’ applies to everyone that isn’t a ghost.

The rule literally states “do not discusss out of round information in game, do not break others immersion.” At no point was any out of round information discussed, nor anyones immersion broken, both in this instance and the hypothetical blob one, so this doesn’t really apply here.

2 Likes

Rule 7 wise they were salty in dchat, but it wasn’t really directed at anyone, next round they had simply said “fuck you” in ooc to me, but then apologized in private, so I’d say there was no harm no foul in that regard.
(I’m going to bed now I stayed up until 2 am for this)

1 Like

Yeah, I will admit that I get salty when I die or RR’d but unless I come here to report it. Im usually not serious about it or even remember for too long. I dont see why my knee-jerk reaction to being murdered by a midround is being used as justification to punish me.

If a traitor breaks character in a hallway, and nobody is around to hear it, was immersion really broken?

4 Likes

Technically, the existence of ghosts (in the context of observers, that is), and the idea of antags being a regular thing, are both out of round information. There might be some disagreement about the details of how the rules are treated, and that’s all out of my jurisdiction, but to my understanding this is pretty clear: anything that your character has no way of knowing, notably the fact that it’s a game and the details of how the game works, are out-of-round information.

I agree with this, but the matter isn’t whether or not it’s out of round information, but rather whether or not it’s acceptable to talk about out of round information when you’re alone/the only people listening are ghosts.

1 Like

When a tree falls in the forrest but noone’s around, does it make a sound?
The answer is of course it does.

If you’re alone that is slightly better i suppose since atleast you’re not breaking other people imersion aswell. But the matter of fact is, you’re still talking about shit IC you shouldnt know about IC. Making it meta/ocky-Icky or whatever you wanna call it.
Did you know that while OOC is disabled, LOOC is not?

I tend to use LOOC for stuff, but the big problem is that no one reads it because people only read runechat.

Also by the sounds of it, the player was crit anyway, and you cant use LOOC to salt while incapacitated, asleep, or crit.

1 Like

I suppose in that case it just falls down under what distinction you want to make, is the rule there to stop people from breaking immersion or is the rule there because people shouldn’t say anything ooc in ic period.

Yeah, though there should really be a hotkey for it, like hitting m, t, or o activate their respective chat boxes, pressing l should do the same.

1 Like

Basically this. Not only can you not always 100% know if someone is around but it also makes no sense to do that as your character. And you are your character IC until you are an actual ghost.

Starting to gett of topic here so lets cut this at this point. But yea, people not looking at the actual chat due to runechat is a big L

3 Likes

That’s excellent to know for the future. Thank you for clarifying upon this, i’ll try to remember to use Looc when playing blob next time around.

1 Like

If nobody experiences the sensation of sound, then there isn’t really what most people call sound.

1 Like