Title: Trevic Banned by Admin whyiscaeciliustaken

CKEY: Trevic

Admin’s CKEY: whyiscaeciliustaken

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Sage

Ban Type: Server ban

Ban Length: Month

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 02/21/2021

Round ID: 27255

Ban Reason: “Null crate powergaming. Go to golden and come back when you’re ready to follow MRP’s rules and not ignore them for epic loot.”

Appeal Reason: I understand now that I was powergaming, I’ve never really seen using null crates as powergaming as I always see everyone get geared to shit from null crates. Like maybe there was an exception because they earned it and worked for getting them, so its alright. Also, I always see people use null crates without really being hesitant. Thought there was an exception there in terms of powergaming, I believe my ban was a bit excessive, as all I would have needed was told that I cannot do that. Instead I get banned for a whole month and told to come back when Im ready to follow the server rules. That was never the issue, I guess it was due to confusion. I understand why I was banned now, However I feel as if it was an incredibly harsh duration for something that could’ve just been told to me as a warning and would have had the same if not better effect.

1 Like

Not sure if you got a lot of previous bans or notes, but i made this same mistake a while ago myself. Ordering null crates for the epic gamer loot. But literally all it took was a smack on the hand as a reminder and since then i never did it again.

If not a lot of previous notes/bans then this just is weird.

He has a lot of notes that are for breaking mrp rules.

I do, however I feel as if this was still very harsh as it was a complete misunderstanding.

If you’re just trying to rush gamer gear frequently, it doesn’t matter how you’re doing it. Typical ban escalation for blatantly poor RP follows a very steep curve as of recently.

• Warning
  • Week
  • Month
  • Perma

Keep in mind I said typical, each case will always vary to some degree. We are more lenient for players who seem to be attempting to stick to rules but mess up and hit people really hard that make it clear they want to use any excuse they can find to justify pushing boundaries.

It seems yours was judged to be rather extreme so I’ll need to see the logs of the round before I can weigh in one direction or the other.

I don’t quite follow the logic here.
On first glance a month does seem a lot however I’m sure there is a high chance of similar notes or bans to warrant it. As above it’s a steep “don’t do that” curve, and generally not a month first instance.

This was far too harsh of me. I am sorry. I have lifted this.

I was just sick and tired of seeing the same null crate rush over and over and over and over simply because “Muh loot”.