Title: ReneAngel Antag Banned by Admin RukoFamicom

CKEY: ReneAngel

Admin’s CKEY: RukoFamicom

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: on Sage

Ban Type: Antag Ban

Ban Length: 30 days

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2021-06-04 12:43:22

Round ID: 30251

Ban Reason: Antag rolling two rounds in a row. Unable to bwoink due to disconnection.

Appeal Reason: because ban is baseless and without any communication, too long and unfair

Additional Information: yesterday i played a round where i was traitor, right after that i got a heretic role but i had to leave the round early so i ahelped to give heretic to someone else, after i left apparently admin thought my roll was too lucky or something and since they couldnt bwoink me banned be outright for 30 days, that time is way too long for zero communication, they didnt even mention that in my Admin Remarks so it took me a while to actually find out i was banned from antag roles, i demand to at least talk to admins about this and them telling me why the hell im banned, i was told that cheesing rounds by not getting antag and insta cryo is bannable but i havent done that ever not yesterday and not in general, i play for fun but antag rolls are cherry on top so please at least talk to me about this and explain whats going on.

6 Likes

I am pretty sure Ruko did not mean you getting antag 2 times in a row. If my assumption is correct he might have meant that you were playing for the sole purpose of getting antag and if you dont, dcing.

1 Like

i HAD to dc as antag due to irl reasons, if you mean dc because i didnt get antag i never did it on purpose ever and personally think its a pointless thing to do (might as well not play the game), i can provide somewhat of a proof since i was talking to my friend on discord about last round and told him that i was heretic and dc’ing, i dont understand what you mean by “sole purpose of getting antag” because i already have ~150 hours in this server so its not like i joined here just to see if i get lucky and kill people as traitor, this is genuinely my favorite server so i wouldnt want to have a record on my name for any reason especially something i didnt do.
P.S.
i also Ahelped as i should have for admins to give away my role either to my friend or anyone they desired and also didnt cryo fully, ghosted near cryo tube because no admins were online at the time and i didnt want my role to be completely deleted, better someone else than no one after all

2 Likes

In the round prior to the current one, you ghosted early for seemingly no reason and someone else had to bring you to cryo. I had bwoinked you about “meming up the round” at the time after looking into what you had done so far, and found generally poor RP in addition to suspicious ghosting. At the start of the next round you queued up and immediately ran to cryo after doing so, which is a staple of players trying to farm antag rep. You rejoined that same round and took an Ashwalker role.

You were not antag in either of these rounds.

I was unable to do so in-game because you just left without a word as soon as the round started via cryo.

… Alright, logs are in order then since before I’ve even told you why you refute that you did the exact thing I witnessed and both claim you already had antag, and also claim you ahelped when this happened.

The two rounds in question

You were in the round for 30 minutes, which is about half of a round and ghosted… but you didn’t have to leave because you stuck around as a ghost and were ready for the next round when it started.

You cryo’d and disconnected immediately, and took an ashwalker role (despite an attempt to ban you from ghost antag roles?) in this same round.

2 Likes

if you claim i suspiciously cryo thats because i get extremely bored on green shifts when i get role i dont want, in this case i got medic so i went on with peoples jokes and ghosted after HoS threw me in trash (didnt want to bother crying on radio to be let out) if i were hunting for antag role i wouldnt blatantly disconnect from heretic cargo tech round and i have “sus disconnects” usually because IRL reason that being that both of my cats gave birth to 3 kittens and whenever something happens i have to at least look at them and take care of them, i prefer playing ashwalker more than random role and recently found out that some roles you cant even get like deputy or gimmick so i changed it to “return to lobby” if i dont get my desired role, i dont know what antag rep is but whenever im done taking care of whatever reason i disconnected in the first place i rejoin round as either ghost role or whatever comes up (or observe people i know) the most recent admin note was legit me shooting 10u morphine to a guy wearing blanket over them as if i got spooked and that was fail rp apparently. dont know what more to say. if you think im antag farming you are wrong but i do agree that i had to dc quite often last 2-3 weeks. i also did ahelp when i got heretic and was dc’ing, im pretty sure its a rule in most servers to notify admins before disconnecting as antag or command. and these recent rounds also about your last point, i dislike corg map and my mood was already ruined by this whole situation so when i joined up i just decided to leave since i had mixed feelings about how fun round would be. i dont know how far you can check but my dc’s should increase on 10th of may from where on i had to take care of my cats to this day, so if you can check before that time you can see that i wasnt disconnecting as much. i didnt know cryo went so deep, i cryo when i dont feel like playing the round either out of boredom need or because i got job i disliked, i insta cryo’d as botanist because i just genuinely hate the role.

editing this for you because sometimes admins refuse to read block text and will shut you down for formatting reasons

If you claim I suspiciously cryo, that’s because I get extremely bored on green shifts when I get a role I don’t want. In this case, I got medic so I went on with people’s jokes and ghosted after the HoS threw me in trash (didn’t want to bother crying on radio to be let out). If I were hunting for antag role then I wouldn’t blatantly disconnect from a heretic cargo tech round.

I have “sus disconnects” usually because IRL reasons, that being that both of my cats gave birth to 3 kittens and whenever something happens, I have to at least look at them and take care of them. I prefer playing ashwalker more than random roles; I recently found out that some roles you can’t even get like deputy or gimmick so I changed it to “return to lobby” if I don’t get my desired role. I don’t know what antag rep is, but whenever I’m done taking care of whatever reason I disconnected in the first place, I rejoin the round as either a ghost role or whatever comes up (or observe people that I know).

The most recent admin note was legit me shooting 10u morphine to a guy wearing blanket over them as if I got spooked and that was fail rp apparently. I don’t know what more to say. If you think that I’m antag farming, you are wrong, but I do agree that I had to dc quite often in the last 2-3 weeks. I also ahelped when I got heretic and was dc’ing since I’m pretty sure it’s a rule in most servers to notify admins before disconnecting as antag or command.

Also about your last point, I dislike corg map and my mood was already ruined by this whole situation, so when I joined up I just decided to leave since I had mixed feelings about how fun round would be. I don’t know how far you can check, but my dc’s should increase on 10th of may from then on since I had to take care of my cats to this day. If you can check before that time you can see that I wasn’t disconnecting as much. I didn’t know cryo went so deep, I cryo when I don’t feel like playing the round either out of boredom need or because I get a job I dislike. I insta cryo’d as botanist because I just genuinely hate the role.

2 Likes

Then why did you not also disable botanist?

One instance of giving up antag doesn’t completely exonerate you from potentially rolling for more antag roles. You have left approximately half of all rounds you play. Among the rounds you haven’t left, you have been a roundstart antag in a third of them.

If the game is only fun when you are:

1. Being a shitter
  2. Being an antagonist
  3. Directly engaging an antagonist

You are probably not actually a fan of our servers at all. You’ve just been getting treated with slack because you are still on the lower end of hours-played. You have an atrocious record so far.

I fixed the random roles today to return me to lobby.

I engaged in any rp possibilty i was given and was told by you that i had poor rp when people directly mention past rounds to me for example when i was atmos tech today, past HoS mentioned my antag round and i tried my best to roll with it, even still this is mrp not hrp i dont have to go all out.

I have played many rounds where i was in 30 min or an hour where i get tired and leave to join whenever i feel like again, isnt that the whole point of cryo to go IC when you dont feel like?

I was never warned in the past about going to cryo so i never put any thought to it, i always thought antags were random round start, me going cryo would still make me wait till round end and i gain nothing from that right?

Most of my notes in all honesty are minor irrelevant things like my latest, i was given a newspaper with Top Gear copypasta, i shouted in radio what quid was and someone said “it’s a bri’ish currency” and for some reason that was RP faip from my side? I do agree that morphine shot as spook is dumb but i quickly gave them charcoal and they shot me with morphine as a payback, no one was mad or hurt or anything of sort we had a bit of fun, yet i got admin note for that.

If we are gonna pretend that people arent allowed to engage with antags as fun you are lying to yourselves, as my zombie round people were barehand running at me just so i could infect them, isnt that doing what you think is unloyal to the server? Plus if i say i like this server i do, you saying i dont by whipping out notes doesnt change my opinion nor is it relevant to what im appealing.

1 Like

Related to current ban appeal

Cryo is absolutely the preferred way to leave a round if you have to go, or something just feels off. You’ll get way more lenience for using cryo than you will for ghosting or suiciding, and it’s frequently ghosting/suiciding that gets you looked into as opposed to cryo because those are far more detrimental to the round (Cryo re-opens the job slot for a later joining player to take, death does not. Cryo still doesn’t help the other players that wanted the role at roundstart though).

That said, if you don’t enjoy the game the majority of the time you play well enough to see the round finish (again, you have gone to cryo or otherwise left in a great number of rounds), and it’s gotten to the point it appears you are rolling for antagonists, then it is becoming an issue. Frequently joining rounds just to leave early lowers the quality of play overall for others, especially if you happened to be an antagonist’s target or kept someone else from getting a specific job they may have wanted at the start of the round.

Four weeks might seem like an excessive ban length, but the majority of players in every round are not antagonists, and the majority of rounds you play should also not see you turned into an antagonist. An antagonist ban has a very small impact on most rounds played.

I’m willing to reduce the length at the discretion of other admins if any wish to call for it, but I think the length is appropriate given your pattern of frequently leaving rounds early out of boredom.

Unrelated to current ban, just general behavioral talk

Click to show

You may disagree with them all you like but every note is an issue that you should be seeking to avoid repeating. None of your notes are irrelevant unless the issue didn’t actually occur at all. You also have two bans and numerous notes on record for Yogs which shows your behavior isn’t particularly great elsewhere either.

You’re going to have to learn to follow the rules of servers you play on instead of by your own rules, or you’re going to start facing larger bans here too.

Other players breaking the rules doesn’t make it any less of an issue when you do it. Do not mimic what other players do if you see them breaking rules - report it. Contributing to the problem does not make it better.

Players running at you unarmed while you’re a zombie so they can be turned is very much an issue. People referring to past rounds is an issue (you have a note for this too, so you should know that).

What you don’t know is what other players have already been warned for, or necessarily when we step in to warn them. For all the notes you have and issues you have caused, you have only just gotten to the point of escalating them to bans because it has been such a wide variety.

2 Likes

I agree about by behavior especially first hours of playing here, i dont have any more objections for my ban, although i must say that the ban reason itself was very vague at least to me, this wouldn’t have started with confusion if you stated that i cryo suspiciously from the get-go. in any case thank you for your time, i really appreciate your quick response.

After reading through the thread I agree with the ban length here.
At the very best it is suspicious. And after looking at past history and what’s said here very unlikely this was incidental.

no way to prove i cheated or cheesed from both sides, it can as easily be admins being used to these sorts of bans and not considering my situation as me actually antag cryo’ing

I feel like this needs to be said: Antag rolling is not the same as rolling antag.

Rolling antag = you got antag
Antag rolling = you’re trying to only roll antag and when you don’t you leave the round.

As for the ban itself, I think that it’s proper.

I don’t really have anything else to add to this at this point - I’ve already explained the issues this causes even if antag rolling wasn’t actually the intention here, and two supporting admins for keeping the duration where it is.