Ban Appeal for Calling Early Shuttle

Player: Sumter

Admin: Aeder1

MRP Sage

Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer

Ban Length: 12 hours

Ban Date (03/22/23)

Round ID: 13755

Ban Reason: “Early launching 4noraisin. Abusive when asked why.”

Appeal Reason: To have the remark removed from my record.

Additional Information: MRP hasn’t been MRP for a long time now. From the very beginning of the round an assistant was removing the circuits to the airlocks on the bridge. I’ll admit, I’ve been quite frustrated all day due to having to deal with some of the worst players I’ve ever met, and had one of the worst experiences I’ve had in this game, which was a CMO spending the round debraining me thinking I was a ling when it was traitors, then giving my brain to a traitor who chucked it into space.

Anyway, the whole round things were going sideways, the captain died, and the admin has purposely infected the inspector they sent with an xenomorph embryo. When the shuttle wouldn’t launch, I attempted to contact centcom for a deathsquad. As acting captain, that’s something I’m allowed to ask for. What the admin did was punish me as god and nearly critted me, which was both uncalled for and immersion ruining. When the blob was dealt with, I early launched what was left of the shuttle (there were a ton of holes in it for some reason). Turns out the admin was going to admeme the end with xenomorphs and was upset that so few people made it onto the shuttle, so they bwoinked me.

I don’t remember what I wrote, but thinking the blob was their fault and the fact they had god smacked me earlier, I basically told him to fuck off and take his admemeing bullshit with him. I do apologize for the language I used in that message. In any rate, no one could’ve survived for very long on that shuttle as there was no air, and despite the early call, 65.3% of the station had successfully evacuated.

I wasn’t banned for that long from command roles, only 12 hours which may even be over before this even gets read. I’d just like it removed from my record because it was unnecessary, and my player notes already make me look like an asshole. If these notes ever start to mean anything in the future, I’d rather have notes in here that describe accurate events in context.

Curious, who was the banning admin?

It was Aeder1. They didn’t like I ruined their surprise.

I was HoS, I ahelped that. You had no justification for early launching the shuttle. People were fighting the blob ON THE EXACT OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STATION, some were wounded and went to get help, some were getting their bearings, maybe some were tending others. Not only were you and the CMO not fighting the blob, but you early launched 1 minute after it was dead. And not only did you early launch but you 2 authorized and after that one of you used a captains ID to get the 3rd authorization, YOU DID NOT EVEN WAIT FOR A 3RD HEAD, YOU USED YOUR HOP POWERS TO DO IT!

1 Like

MRP hasn’t been MRP for a long time now.

And it never will be again for as long as people keep using this as an excuse to do things that aren’t allowed.

Anyway, the whole round things were going sideways, the captain died, and the admin has purposely infected the inspector they sent with an xenomorph embryo. When the shuttle wouldn’t launch, I attempted to contact centcom for a deathsquad. As acting captain, that’s something I’m allowed to ask for. What the admin did was punish me as god and nearly critted me, which was both uncalled for and immersion ruining. When the blob was dealt with, I early launched what was left of the shuttle (there were a ton of holes in it for some reason). Turns out the admin was going to admeme the end with xenomorphs and was upset that so few people made it onto the shuttle, so they bwoinked me.

That said, this is still a pretty concerning report, and I’ll look into it. At a surface level it sounds like the note should stick - acting poorly out of frustration is still acting poorly and deserving of a note.

I also almost definitely won’t be able to handle it before the short ban duration is up, sorry

2 Likes

So he early launched while a blob existed
But he was also a non combatant CMO
But also the HOP
But also has captains ID.

Homie make up your mind

Do you have reading or comprehension issues? I never referred to him as CMO. The guy was HoP, I didn’t see him fighting the blob, the blob was very far away from evac shuttle. He used a captain ID, which he can make since he’s HoP, to get the 3rd authorization and early launch 1 minute after the blob died, not giving enough time to everybody to make it to evac.

You are right it was a very chaotic round. This was in part due to you yelling for red alert, screaming that there were revolutionaries and generally trying to cause a panic (despite the majority of the crew telling you there are no revs and some of them getting annoyed with your spamming).
Apparently someone else said it once but realised how dumb it was to believe revs from a piece of paper written by the mime, after traitors had been confirmed, and joined in telling you to stop. So much so that an inspector was sent, who it appears could not make sense of the situation. He was not dispatched to the station with an alien.

After asking several times for centcom response To the non existent revs you were hit with a bolt.

There were many dead and others refusing to leave the shuttle to deal with the blob in the armoury, including you and other staff for a long time. So a intern squad was sent. You also continued to ask for a death squad after this.

Due to the long time it was taking and somewhere in the region of 20 dead/observing. I spawned some benos in centcom for people to at least try and have some fun with. After the inspector had given up on your ramblings. They returned to centcom to find the aliums waiting for them. Where they got infected. Surprisingly they let him go and he immediately returned to the station after being hugged. Again funnily because the round was taking so long the one xeno that got to the station spent time killing the blob to end the round and ended up actually helping more than all of the command staff put together.

Soon as the blob went down. You were ready and waiting in the shuttle with an extra ID to expedite your early shuttle launch. Leaving all of the people that actually helped take the blob down stranded, screwing over a fair few people.

to:dr :You caused a panic, asked for ERT several times, when you didn’t get the one you wanted asked more and got bolted for it. This made you frustrated so when everyone else did the work of killing blob you quicklaunched. Cause fuck em, right?

I was the CMO, I didn’t see who did the first two authorizations, but I did the third and last a bit absentmindedly, so I feel my ban is deserved.

I can’t remember who you were, Sumter, but I’d never considered that there were lings, I debrained a couple of people because horribly burnt corpses kept appearing on my doorstep and the first one had been husked. The cloned had autoprocess, so I might have just closed the scanner on your brain long enough to hear the beep, then pulled it out and dropped it on the floor. I can’t remember exactly what happened with you, I was a bit harried with having practically no medical staff except for one inexperienced chemist, the clown throwing out the cryo juice and replacing it with Laughter, and the constant stream of charred corpses I was dealing with solo.

I most definitely fought the blob, I hacked at it with a laser scalpel until a welderbomb blew it out my hand, and then I healed people until my sprayers ran dry. When the blob was dead I stumbled all the way from the armory where the blob had been, to the shuttle.
I had kind of had it with the round, and was a bit elated with victory, plus we’d already waited for the shuttle to launch once, and I assumed that everyone else had who’d been fighting the blob as well had returned to the shuttle by then. So when the other guy did the first two authorizations, I didn’t really question it, and thoughtlessly fired up the engines. I’d like to apologize to whoever I screwed over doing that.

I think the bans should stay, but maybe the reason should be changed- we didn’t launch the shuttle 5 seconds after it docked for shits and giggles, we launched it in (what I consider) a mutual lapse in judgment after an exhausting and stressful round.

1 Like

I said I’d look into this when I got home and it’s too late for me to do so now, it’ll either be a full day before I get another chance or someone else will have to look at it

Edit: Okay I’m home on day 2 Looking at this first this time.

Edit 2: this has been passed off to others, it’s either beyond my scope to manage or the note will stick, another admin will post eventually

1 Like

This ban has expired.