Ban Appeal Darkhal

CKEY:Darkhal

Admin’s CKEY: Kasual

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one:

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 05/04/2020

Round ID:14280

Ban Reason:Bombed the entirety of the station with ruptured oxygen tanks. I mean the entirety of it. On LRP without completing one objective.

Appeal Reason: Hello. During this round, I was a traitor CE with the objectives of stealing the AI and killing a fellow engineer. I am pretty good at cooking massively destructive bombs. So i decided to go ahead and bomb the station for chaos all the while preparing a big opening to steal the AI (my first bomb was targeted at the AI sat). I had indeed not done a single objective prior to this because my plan was to get the engineer and the AI in the chaos that resulted in the bombings.
The utter chaos proved good, nobody knew what the hell was happening and surely i would be able to finish off my engineer target if he wasnt dead already and steal the AI.
Now something i didn’t planned was for another engineer to go ahead and card the AI before i would, so now i was kinda boned to go and steal her.
Which is when i bought sleeping carp planning to find this engineer again and end him here and there. For good measure i also disabled tcoms, then went back to bombing more of the areas still kinda inhabitable in the station. At this point seeing nobody was coming at me I decided i would hijack the shuttle as well. Not seeing the engineer that had the AI carded, I went and recalled the shuttle to get myself more time.
This is when i get bwoinked for “bombing the station without making my objectives” in reference to rule 4. My targets of bombings were engineering, security, medbay and science. Its only after still not finding my target engineer that i went overboard to bomb more stuff hoping to either get him in a lucky blast or at least making him get out of his hiding spot.
Plasmafloods, fusion flood and Deadly virus can also be used to wipe out a station, i just turned myself over to bombs for the same purpose : wooping out a lot of people and with some luck, get my target alongside. That was my plan.
Whenever i have to steal the AI, i like to go there last. But apparently, i should do it the opposite way and do “half of my objective” before actually doing anything.

What’s more is I had just found the body of the engineer with the carded AI and retrieved the AI when i got banned. Hence being banned while having completed one of my objectives and being denied finishing it through.

What I mean is, despite destroying the station, I had not given up a second on my objectives. My approach I suppose, was what was wrong. So I apologize.

Additional Information: I have no notes, no bans or anything on beestation prior to this. This is a first offense instant permaban.
TL;DR : I understand that I apparently broke rule 4 by destroying the station, but that was my plan to succeed, and I am pretty sure i would have succeeded.

You cannot indiscriminately kill without being wizard, nukie, hijack, or martyr. Read the rulings page here for it. The main rules/conduct you broke are below.

Traitors, Blood Brothers, and Changelings must complete half of their objectives (rounded up) before engaging in mass murder/destruction.

Murderboning is defined as indiscriminate killing of multiple parties for absolutely no reason. Isolated killings are not murderboning.

That said I treated this as if it was just self-antag grief and that you were fully aware of the rules. This was far too harsh. After discussing and getting opinions from staff I have already reduced it to a three week antag ban, before this appeal was even posted.

You do have no notes, and that should 100% weigh in to antag conduct breaks which is why I went with an antag ban instead of a small server ban.

Well continue the ban appeal with the current punishment.

Noted.

Thank you.

I will now be aware of this special ruling concerning antags on Bee and will play accordingly.

Have a good day !

Should this be locked?

Yea it should be, thanks.

1 Like