Average 20 pop round with no Security or Heads of Staff

Average low-pop game where antags claim the entirety of the station because there are zero Heads of Staff or Security.

1 Like

That happens a lot, the reason you don’t see many sec on lowpop it’s due to the timezone being late, they got burnt out from the previous round or… to be honest with you sometimes being the only officer on lowpop is a lot of weight on your shoulders, at best you need to have two to be somewhat decent, even on a 20pop because getting +2 traitors (even if it’s BB + traitor) is enough to overwhelm anyone.

Thank god they can no longer hijack 4noraisin because that also happened all the time ‘‘i’m bored let’s go home calls shuttle’’ AND they also hijack it

3 Likes

I did tell the coders about Dynamic shitting out too many antags on lowpop but they were busy with exams at that moment.
I believe they can fix it, we just gotta suffer through this together a bit more.

4 Likes

+1.
Euro hours are becoming nuts with this.
Dynameme’s over here spitting out 3 tots, 2 cryptids and an old man with Alzheimer’s and a shotgun with nobody to deal with it but a detective that runs into the kitchen and is CQC’d and round removed 5 minutes into the shift.

6 Likes

Or said Det, who’s usually the only sec… GETS ANTAG STATUS because people who play that role on lowpop are doing it to try and roll it rather than be a sec force on lowpop

7 Likes

Pretty sure this came with absolucy’s dynamic rework, I’m sure we can just kick down the threat numbers a bit to get it like it used to be

1 Like

I gotta say, it’s still really fun to have more antags, but lowpop sometimes gets overwhelming with the amount of antags compared to sec

2 Likes

Make the threat scale with the combined time of Security, Command and partly of non-antags VS. Antags.

If you mean playtime, terrible idea lmao
I know players with 500 hours who are more robust than players with >2000
number of hours =/= skill at the game, and trying to base balance off of that is bad.

The only case where it’d work is putting hours limit on certain antags, like, 20 hours of crewman to roll wizard - because someone who doesn’t know how to move shouldn’t roll an antagonist supposed to drive the round forward on its own

1 Like

Do you want to assume captainship?

Summary

“Oh its lowpop, there is no sec or head of staff, if I join I almost always have to assume captainship because the crew forces me and if I say no the antag graciously offers to be the captain because they want more power”

Do you want to get wordlessly murdered?

Summary

“Sure come with me and lets talk, a few seconds later the tot whips out a revolver and crits you in like 2-3 shots”

Do you want walk on thin ice where every move has a chance to sink you?

Do you want to sit around doing nothing all shift because you either died early or the antags do jack shit because they dont want to be wordlessly murdered?

Do you hate fun?

Summary

“oh I died”
“oh he teamed up with the other antags let me just team up with- oh right the det is an antag,I guess Ill get an deputy- oh wait I have no way of knowing if they are an antag or just a crewmember nvm, hey head of staff can you hel- oh nvm there are no heads of staff or they all got valided, let me just process this tider an- oh the other antags did some antagy shit and I cant even focus on something before the next shit hits the fan”

Do you want to babysit?

Summary

“no I wont give you all acess,
Stop attacking the clown,
stop breaking into places you are not supposed to be
Get the fuck out of my workplace,
No you may not make self defence maxcaps
No I do not need the maxcaps, please get rid of them,
You are not security, stop being a vigilante, I know you have good intention either that or just want to validhunt but that begs to differ, why the fuck are you not sec, oh you got secbanned, even then you should not be security if you just want to validhunt”

Do you want to be called every swear word in the english dictionary?

Do you want to reinact the stanford prison experiment?

Summary

“with great power comes great responsability and when there is noone to rely on, the security officer relies on himself, he has noone to trust and get feedback on his actions he is simply there existing to die so the round can move on, when an animal is pushed into a corner it will give all its energy to get out, the actions it takes are not logical and only later it will realize he fucked up unless he is so deluded from reality he thinks all of this is justified”

Do you want to be treated like shit?Do you want everyone to hate you for the sole reason of existing?

Summary

“clown and sec have so much in common huh
Both are there to push the round further,
Both have acess to game changing gear that in the right hands can bring the end of the world”

Do you enjoy the idea of having absolute authority over the flow of the game?

Do you like sand painting?

Summary

“Not all things are meant to last, and your life as an security officer is even shorter, you are not here to win, but you are not here for the hell of it either, you are an integral part of ceremony but alas, it is simply forgotten, sacrifices must be made, all roads lead deeper into the forest the outcome was already decided. you are just a pawn in the grand chessboard”

Do you main heavy in team fortress 2?

Summary

“I have to keep track of my teammates is he an spy who will kill me once I turn my back on him or a valuable ally who will help me overcome the syndicate menace,
this path is risky, the enemy has a sniper watching this sightline, I do not know if I should roll the dice or take another route,
I was not fully prepared for this situation I was caught with no pants and alas I paid the price, I should have expected the enemy would do this and its my fault I died.
I have a target on my back, I am valuable to my team but they do no realise it, they will focus on me but through superior planning I shall come out on top.
I am slow and most of the fighting happens without me unless I have help from my team but alas its lowpop and I have noone to help me
These are the end times, there was no hope for survival, this is how I died”

If you said yes to some of the question, you should play sec on lowpop

-a former sec main

2 Likes

Yeah, but this also somewhat applies to sec out of lowpop lmfao.
I used to play a lot of sec, especially as HoS - and it’s really easy to get either the crew or sec itself to overwhelm you mentally.
When tiders keep trying to rush in while you try to process 2 antags and 1 shitter, with reports of antags running around and killing, meanwhile brig looks like kindergarten with randos rushing in to protest against X or Y
Sec gets a lot of backlash (for good reason), but a lot of the time they’re literally overwhelmed by everything that’s happening and most of the crew just does not ever realise that

Anyways, give a bonus to playing sec on lowpop maybe. Will help players decide to go “hm yeah okay i’m gonna be sec today”

Incentive, have someone sec can trust, everyone can roll antag and that breaks most of interactions the officer will have, he cannot trust the brig phys or the det because they might be antag, we got to the point where sec wont interact with anyone else because they might be antag

Solution,

Summary

more roles that cannot be antag, remove det and brig phys antag eligibility since they never do something interesting and only play the roles to have acess to sec stuff,

Alternative solution,

Summary

you can only deputize crewmembers and antags will be revealed if they try to get deputized

Problems introduced with the alternative solution,

Summary

security players will use this as a way to find out if someone is valid or not making antags lean towards the shoot sec on sight because they do not want to be round removed.

Incentive, the officer does not want to be overwhelmed but he will be and the threat of dynashit keeps the officers away, if we fix dynashit or show the players that it was fixed, more sec players will play

Solution,

Summary

remove dynashit, fix dynashit, hire an internet influencer that will gaslight you into believing sec is fun to play.

Suggesting the current system is better or that the you have a better suggestion? >.>

This is just a skill issue, if you are a Head of Staff you need to quit acting like a regular worker and more of a leader. Talk to not just one or two people but everyone! Walk around, ask people to report in, bug them and ask what they are doing, keep tabs on 'em. You are not there to fill the gaps, you are there to lead!

Problem low-pop has is… people to talk to. You’ve got to go 200 meters between each department. The only time I made it work on Box Station was speeding R&D and then spamming beacons all over the station to allowing me to move between all departments instantly.

dynamic is indeed better, just need a bit of tweaking.
I also already mentioned how giving rewards for players picking roles like sec/cap/hos on lowpop would help, because otherwise it’s extremely exhausting mentally to deal with lowpop lmao
You could do something small like, double the amount of beecoins they’d get at the end of a round

1 Like

Just get better low-pop maps. Dead Station was interesting, but I think the two layers made it difficult to find stuff.

1 Like

This feels oddly specific

3 Likes

Whats smaller than a box

A slightly larger box with no Z-levels?

Feels like infiltrators are meant to be the outnumbered, outgunned, underdogs but even on higher pop typically outnumber security and can just walk all over the station…

Sounds like sec being insta RRd is on the up again…

3 Likes