AVASheep's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
AVASheep

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
AVASheep#5376

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
Usually from 5:30PM to 12:00AM on weekdays, longer on weekends. Central Standard Time

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I honestly believe there to be a tad bit too much leniency for murderboning on Golden, and I would hope a minor discouragement could be added.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
I see a lot of hours will little to no admin activity on the lower population server (used to be sage, now it’s golden) I’d like to help keep watch over these points, and lower ticket problems from either source.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
I’ve been playing for about a year now, and have played on most servers at least once.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
I first joined March 2019, and have about 554 hours on BeeStation.

**On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I have managed to learn most roles on the server, but I would consider myself unrobust when it comes to actual combat. 7/10 **

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
I’m certainly not disagreeable as a person, but I haven’t actually experienced being a admin in SS13 so far. Hence this being my first application.

Have you ever been an admin on another server?:
I actually used to host a server for a small game called King Arthur’s Gold when I was 10. Not that It required much, but I did have to ban/kick the occasional exploiter/hacker.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No Alts, although my brother also owns an account, not that I remember the name of it right now.

**Your strengths:
I’ve seen enough of the game to recognize problems, and when an admin should and should not intervene. I have a intimin understanding of the server’s player base, and rules. **

**Your weaknesses:
Unfortunately there are times I’ve overstepped what’s okay. I’ve both done some questionable things while playing on this server, and bothered admins without justifiable reasons. I don’t know what notes you might have on me, but I do have two bans from last year. I’ve tested my limit’s on the server, and I’m hoping to repent for that by helping out. **

**Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Not mad per say, but blatant toxicity, such as name-calling, meta-grudging, and disregard for other people’s shifts can irritate me to a irrational level. **

**What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
I think being able to respond to legitimate player concerns, and making sure the round progresses without ruining the experience of any player are the two most important skills to any admin. **

What makes a staff team good?:
Their ability to deal with troublesome players, and resolve the questionable situations other humans get themselves in.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make sure the round runs smoothly, without any horrible glitches, griefers, or general mistakes ruining someone’s fun.

**What kind of player are you?:
I hate to admit it, but I am a bit of a greytider, I’ve lost interest in some rolls, so I satisfy myself by creating maint bases, collecting junk in maint, and being sometimes generally annoying in the main hallways. **

**How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I think apart from technically playing less due to being an admin, I’ll just continue being myself while I play, just hopefully less annoying. **

**The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
This is more of a in game problem then one needing admin involvement, the clown will probably be punished by security. But if the clown doing this made an antag objective impossible, or if the HoS messaged me, I might offer a Centcom Brand replacement sitting nicely on the HoS’s desk. **

**A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
This is a ban. I would stop them, and make sure they know. If they are doing it simply to kill the station I would give them a week ban. If they are doing this repeatedly or are doing it for a meta grudge, It would be a permaban. If they are justifying it by attempting to kill a cult, or xenomorphs, or other numerous antag, I would warn them that this might result in punishment, if they continue I would give them a day ban, or a job ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
This wouldn’t be much of a problem, in fact this is something I’ve accidentally done several times.
It’s part of the learning experience of this game, and the most I would ever do is give them a little advice.

Been thinking about applying for awhile.
Hope you consider me.

PS: I technically have a reddit, but I never use it, please don’t hold this against me.

I might have chosen a bad time to apply, I just realized 9 other people have applied in the last 2 days.
Bit of a influx huh?

All but two of those applications were pre-existing, and were all mass denied due to the new age policy.

On to the questions:

1: MRP. Assistant breaks into atmospherics and steals the axe. Atmos tech shoves him over, takes it, then crits them with it. Any rules broken?

2: LRP. Captain repeatedly sends stupid centcomm requests (SeX??!!?!? Etc.). You don’t have to do anything, but presuming you choose to have centcomm retaliate, what do you make them do?

3: MRP. Another admin gives the clown a H.O.N.K mech using admin powers. What do you do?

I guess it’s on me because I spent an entire round spamming reddit copypastas to MRP which they couldn’t mute and when maxed would cover the whole text screen :flushed:
also tfw hates murderbone because unrobust, bruh…
also getting easily angered because a guy called you something and broke into your department is unbased?
also who the fuck bans someone for various time periods for plasmaflooding bruhbruhbruh, you don’t dayban someone for that because literally anyone can say hurr durr me want cuck antag and not get perma’d that way, also you can’t really check metagrudge if you don’t see the exact actions or the person in question doesn’t admit it themselves

1 Like

1: MRP. Assistant breaks into atmospherics and steals the axe. Atmos tech shoves him over, takes it, then crits them with it. Any rules broken?:
It’s a bit of a overreaction, but I could chock it up to just bad roll playing. If the assistant doesn’t die, or he takes him to medical, I’d say no problem.

2: LRP. Captain repeatedly sends stupid centcomm requests (SeX??!!?!? Etc.). You don’t have to do anything, but presuming you choose to have centcomm retaliate, what do you make them do?
: Step 1 : (Syndicate) “Communications intercepted, Target Acquired.”
: Step 2 : (Centcomm) " Oh shit. What’d you guys do?"
: Step 3 : Spawn a Pirate ship for some ghosts.
I’m guessing by the fact the Captain can’t find anything better to do it’s a slow round.
Brings some ghosts back, get’s the Captain to stop spamming, and isn’t too overbearing of a response.

3: MRP. Another admin gives the clown a H.O.N.K mech using admin powers. What do you do?
: If the clown somehow earned it, or at least doesn’t go on a rampage, I don’t think it’s worth bothering a headmin, or anyone else over. If It becomes a problem I’d mention it.

I added the other options cause It’s usually not just going to be the only factor.
If it literally was just the plasma flood, I’d just permaban him and be done with it.
Using a cookie cutter response to every time it happens might overlook something,
and doesn’t look great on an application.

Also yes, I am unrobust.

Formatting seems to be broken, can you please edit your OP so that the formatting is consistent throughout your app?

I don’t see the option to edit it, there a timer for it?

1: I’d liked to have seen some sort of look at the assistant too as tiding your way to a fire axe isn’t very fitting for the sage server, but otherwise fine.

2: An original (and rather amusing) response. Some of the others who dislike the more obvious interventions might not like it, but pirates aren’t that powerful. Just make sure to token any antagonists caught in the crossfire.

3 is fine.

+2, I’d like to see how you fare.

+2, all of their answers are great - considering the amount of questions Caecilius has asked, I don’t see much of a reason to ask another one. We always do need more admins for sage and golden - especially somebody who wants to bring change.

Seeing them in game they are a decent player.

Accepted. Contact a Headmin or Seniormin for your in-game Trial Admin perms.