Automatice the self sedestruc code response Poll

5 Likes

If this let to admins not ignore messages to Cencon when all active sec is dead and the station is completely overrun, it will be a total success.

Next time I consider detonating the station, I shall ask the clown first :clown_face:

what about just have messages to cencon pop up in the middle of the screen for admins so you can’t ignore it. Like they do with admin bonks for players.

Nope, would fuck massively with tickets.
A audio que would be a good call though

2 Likes

i have yet to see anyone argue against it, only against funny strawmen of “muh validhunt” and “muh grief”

You can ahelp the shittiest command members on the planet every single round and nothing will happen until an admin that is capable of seeing what they’re doing wrong comes on… like the number of times i’ve seen CE players not understand how pipes and heat works is insane.

3 Likes

The main one is there are head players who already swipe red without voting and call the shuttle as soon as a single xenomorph appears or a traitor goes loud against security. This would just result in the station getting nuked every round as they tried to deny antags green text.

2 Likes

We do have a problem of command players ignoring SoP in general. Like, did you know that raising to blue is only supposed to happen after a poll amongst all the heads? Most of the time HoS yells ‘Raise to blue’ and Captain/AI follow through.
This is, at large, a playerbase issue and tbh I’d not trust them with the function to nuke the station just by themselves.

2 Likes

Put it this way.
Whenever I’m on and someone requests nuke codes I do the following:

• Send an Offical down to confirm the situation and report on it.

• If the situation is dire enough an ERT may be sent
    • If not, then the round continues as is
    • If the Offical gets murdered, or goes off sensors, a small ERT is sent to find out what happened to them.
  • ERT arrives

• Either they Clean up the situation
    • Or they die, at which point a stronger ERT is sent if they reported in.
  • Stronger ERT arrives

• If these guys fail, the nuke codes are sent.
    • Else, the round continues as is

On top of the above, I usually only send codes if the emergency shuttle has left the station.

Nuking the station is meant to be a last resort, alongside deathsquads and similar.

Maybe making an auto spawning Offical when codes are requested, and have a seperate panel in the comms computer only Officials can access, that can request an ERT (Maybe it checks % of players dead or similar)

4 Likes

But then again all CC roles should be under direct admin supervision…

2 Likes

true
15 characters

What about a whitelisted CC role that is similar to (or literally) mentors

So a CC supervisor that is played by players with limited powers (but still powers)
Why is it good?
It would make CC more lively while not putting more work on admins that aren’t here 24/24h here like most of the playerbase
Important roles such as AI or Captain only need hours to be played while this would need to be applied for.

Strict OOC and IC rules about RP and shit to make sure people don’t do silly things and I feel like this could work

2 Likes

Every centcom role only works when there is admin supervision. There is no other authority to enforce that otherwise.

Even if we’d whitelist that. The core issue of it needing admin supervision would remain. (Not that I would agree with whitelisting it in either case)

Clowns are the most sober decision makers on station.

9/10 times, they know how to enhance a round. Nuclear authorization is easily within the implied scope of their duties!

1 Like

There too many Delta level threats per round if this thread exists. There has been three rounds where I didnt get to do whatever RP I was planning because I had to drop everything I was doing to fight it whether is blob or xeno. No one wants to RP afterwards either since the station is totaled and everyone is exhausted and /or just wants to call shuttle.

1 Like

Welp it usually happens late so when it happens it was about time to end the round anyway, but that is a different discussion.

Sometimes admemes fuck up still, like that hivemind round hat got ended by a McChicken captain.

yes yes yes, as a mentor and maybe future moderator i 100% agree lmao

but for real tho, no

2 Likes

Maybe we should let the mentors or moderators hander this when there is no admin.

Moderators used to have access to some admeme bus and spawning, but one of the moderators(forgot who) realized that they were spending a lot of time doing stuff on CC rather than focusing on moderating so they did a PR to remove that and it got merged

It doesn’t need any explaining tbh it makes sense

There’s some rounds where a mod asays: “sorry mods can’t spawn stuff” when perhaps it was very much needed but alas it happens. I’d rather have our soon-to-be admins focused on their training, practicing and familiarization of the system than messing around for 10-15 minutes on CC and possibly missing a griefer, someone breaking the rules, etc.

2 Likes