Archanial banned by aeder1

CKEY: Archanial

Admin’s CKEY: aeder1

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: first both then reduced to sage

Which server did the ban happen on? mrp

Ban Type: Job

Ban Length: 5 days

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 08-06-2020

Round ID: 19548

Ban Reason: Couldn’t figure out how to do their objectives so decided to kill players fighting the blob as they wanted blob to win.

Appeal Reason: I killed 2 players (one of which was a borg) that were fighting the blob. My actions helped blob win (although I’m pretty sure he would win on his own). I killed them because I was (or though I was) unable to achieve my objective after another ling turned my absorb target into someone else. After killing 2 players I was ajailed to the end of the round and antag banned for 5 days (“I was lucky I didn’t get server banned”). I don’t believe ban was just and I don’t see a reason why I couldn’t kill 2 players. Also I find the note not accurate.

Additional Information: Antags are to cause havoc in the crew and I opted to help the blob because I thought my objectives couldn’t be completed.
Site is showing 2 bans but that’s because in the next round I ahelped asking to change my ban to sage only since I had 2 objectives completed so I didn’t break lrp rules.

forgot to add that jailing me for killing 2 people without getting my side of the story first is pretty dumb and I didn’t enjoy it

You uhh made an appeal to have the ban extended or something? xD

I was that borg. MRP has far more strict rules, it is like no one read the rules. You did something really stupid, got punished for it. And on top of that it is just a job ban that expires today. You fucked a entire round for me up because you were unrobust to do your objectives. So you decide to go against the rules and help Blob win.

I am really confused, you get away with a very light slap on the wrist. It expires today, yet you appeal it. Bruh.

Isolated killings are not against antag conduct. If greentext becomes impossible, antagonists are no longer required to attempt their objectives. This isn’t a rule break unless his actions caused the blob to hit critical mass (thus indirectly killing everyone).

1 Like

Bruh this is MRP mate go back to lrp smh.

This isn’t a rule break unless his actions caused the blob to hit critical mass (thus indirectly killing everyone).

He killed an absolutely based mining borg that was doing a number on the blob. After that it all went to shit. So yea blob won thanks to this

I don’t believe me killing 2 people caused blob to reach critical mass. He would reach it even with mining borg firing at him.

Yes. His direct actions caused critical mass.

How large was the blob at the time of these killings.
Who was attacking the blob?
What weaponry?

Hi i was the one guy you lasered to death as I was fighting blob. You stole my egun out of charger mid charge with no provocation or really any reason and just critted me and ran away. You did it 4noraisin because you knew round was over and just wanted to bone. Get over it.

You did help the blob reach critical mass as me and the mining borg were attacking nodes and just hit the inner part of one of them and personally in the long run it may not have been a winning battle but at least we would have had a chance. You ended that chance when you lasered and ran away

From memory it was on approximately 160-180/400.

Colorando and the mining borg had taken out two factories and also two resource nodes between them and also killed a total of 4 blobbernauts. Between them they either would have won, or given the rest of the crew on the shuttle time to join the fight and from my observations as ghost, quite easily won.

A small side note being that the nodes that were currently out of reach were stuck on fire and also dying.

After killing both of the players, by the time the rest of the crew got there to help out the blob was on somewhere around 360/400 and it was definitely over, with nobody slowing it down or killing it.

Not only this, is the mindset admitted behind it of “I want the blob to win” So even if any of the crew did show up they would also have been attacked and killed by Archanial.

Appears this is a note appeal as the ban has expired. At this stage I’ll be leaving the note for this grief. Leaving the thread open for other opinions.

A mining borg and a person with regular equipment don’t have the dps to shut down a blob, but given that it’s MRP the blob probably had no idea what it was doing, as only a person and a borg are literally a cakewalk for a blob. The blob got to 360 before anybody else showed up? Blobs grow fast, but not that fast. Roughly how many people were on the shuttle?

Again from memory but it was approximately 10-15.
Yes it was MRP, I don’t know how experienced the blob was but the blobbers were tbh very bad, which is where pretty much all of the resources went, leaving the blob quite vulnerable after having all their factories and nodes taken.
The crew was taking it’s sweet ass time but did get there towards the end. If the two players were not griefed then even if they we’re not able to kill it, it would’ve definitely been over by them slowing it down.

Did those 10 to 15 people have a way to make good anti blob weapons?

I had a laser gun , a tesla gun , with a recharger at least 7 tiles away from the blob node me and the borge were boning and had the blob on the ropes in our area. We also brought fire based weapons from flame thrower atmos and including a plasma container fire

Blob knew exactly what it was doing we were fighting a node that was not on fire in space and he was constantly rushing blobbernauts and spores at us while fighting an even battle rebuilding the walls around it

It was a pretty big blob that was ripping through medbay faster than Chipotle the morning after with enough resources to constantly have at least two blobbernaughts in play

Research nodes had pretty decent weapons for us but blob notification literally hit with less than a minute until shuttle ignition so at that point everyone was already doing damage control on people in shuttle

A laser gun isn’t enough for blob, and if the blob knew what it was doing it would go afk for 30 seconds then break your recharger and trap you, end.

I don’t know if tesla revolvers even effect the blob.

It ripped through medbay fast, sure, but to get that much size before anybody else bothered to do something about it… I don’t know chief.

My take on this is that the blob was set for victory unless one of those people was gonna hit up a maxcap in the extra time they would have had if you and mr.roboto weren’t killed.

Me and the borge literally were keeping a constant amount of damage to where I was firing at least two lasers into the node before he got a new wall up.

Tesla gun did not work but it really was not needed because a borge and a laser were doing more than enough dps

Like I said everyone was on the shuttle and with one minute to go and then it took us another 3 minutes to scour maint and find it. KEEP IN MIND that the station was already in full evacuation mode due to decompression and other antag incidents so it wasn’t a quick in and out at the drive through.

You can not for certain say blob was gonna win if our deaths did not occur you were not there , you did not participate. Your arguing something that was uncertain. Instead of focusing on the fact a mad man who just wanted blob to greentext so he could start a fresh shift.

You’re telling me that a laser gun and a borg are enough to beat a blob. I have seen how much blobs can tank, including two miners with tricked out dual wielding KAs in low pressure environment. Trust me, no you didn’t have the DPS, you were only extra time.

Honestly Im not a nerd and measure dps and Im not a miner with dual ka’s. I was there with a borg and a laser gun and we were making progress. Progress that was halted when I went to pull my weapon out of the charger and Archanial pulled it out and point blanked me into crit. Focus on the fact that someone stopped other peoples round and fun because he was BORED. Not to mention that there was other people fighting the blob including Archanial who stopped to focus on boning