Appropriate xeno response should be part of the SOP

Welding every vent, getting some sort of face protection, bunching up, and securing weaponry need to be default actions, otherwise xeno rounds are just often plain upsetting.

3 Likes

I resoundingly second this opinion.

Sitting, me armed to the teeth in EVAC guarding the door.

Two numb nuts : HURD DUR, TIME TO STEP OUT INTO THE DARK HALLWAY THAT THE MAN WITH A SHOTGUN WITH DRAGONS BREATH ROUNDS AND BUCK SHOT LOADED IS KEEPING HIS SIGHTS TRAINED ON!

one Third numb nut prior, who was probably a traitor : “Time to walk into the hallway carrying someone, Alll by my self.”

All the while EVERYONE on coms was saying that we were ALL TO STAY AT EVAC AND THAT OTHER DEPARTMENTS WERE TO BE EVACUATED!

Neither of them had ANY face hugger protection on.

1 Like

just because some people make dumb choices doesn’t mean it should be part of SOP. There aren’t always weapons and face protection for everyone. There isn’t really a huge issue with xenos right now. I don’t see where this thread is coming from, but I rarely understand the frustration with xenos. Use general logic, and you’ll probably be relatively okay.

6 Likes

Honestly, it shouldn’t be a ‘‘global protocol SOP’’ because as far as the regular crew members goes, we’re all to assume we’re just living ‘‘another day on the job’’ until something that breaks that ordinarity happens

Of course, NT, Security and Command is aware of potential threats on the sectors and they have the protocols, this is why usually it’s a Command member who start yelling about the actions you mention on your post, but they shouldn’t be SOP

I do agree that it’s a little annoying when i quickly tell to the random crewmember to get a face protection so they don’t die, and they ignore it even though it was also announced on the radio, on special bridge message and by AI, but alas, you win some fights and you lose some, i don’t see nothing too strong with xenos at the moment besides the usual.

3 Likes

People forgetting SOP isn’t a rule, smh.

Adding Anti-Xenomorph SOP won’t fix people being idiots. The random shitheads people in this thread complain about probably
A) don’t know what counts for face protection/don’t have access
B) think they can robust a xeno or two with little prep
C) do other kinds of prep in areas under threat to try and make some autism weapon that they fail to employ against said xenos
or are some combination thereof.

SOP won’t fix stupidity, nothing can fix stupidity.

5 Likes

This bigtime.

But also: The game is not about winning

If it frustrates you to lose so much, you need to adjust your mindset.

You’re not only implying you want stationwide perfection at dealing with what is currently designed to be round-ending, but you’re seemingly talking about trying to make it against the rules to not power-play against Xenos immediately. (Under the assumption you want it in SOP because you expect people to follow it)

Antags are going to and should win sometimes. If the station response was always perfectly on point the antag is no longer fun for either side and is going to get buffed.

7 Likes

Getting shot in the back by the deep cover Detective traitor is what keeps the game (and my Phys and Det paranoia) fresh, unique and something that I keep coming back to on account that I never know If I can become ROBUST enough to detect and jump the tots before they know that I know that they are traitorous scum.

but overwhelmingly panic and pre-occupation lead to me getting jumped with near total impunity, its just part of the charm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.