Apology for recent events

Pardon Kev. Say what you will but he clearly didn’t mean anything sexual and he contributed too much.

Stop banning people for pointless things.

If people post disgusting or illegal shit, mute them instead. First for a day, then a week, then a month, then forever. (also delete the shit)

Remove filters.

Make the servers 18+

Did I forget anything?

8 Likes

If people post disgusting or illegall shit, mute them instead.

So you’re saying if somebody posts CP you just mute them?

If someone posts CP, ban them.

If someone posts “implied” CP or similar edgy stuff, mute them.

I can’t help but wonder why you needed this clarified.

5 Likes

And this is why censorship is bad. You posted a cringe fodder image that would have any other user banned. A lot of other users were banned for similar but lesser offenses.
Censorship is never applied equally or fairly.
So stop banning people based on content of their posts. Ban people based on their behavior. If someone spams goatse the problem is not the NSFW nature of the picture. It is the disgust deliberately inflicted on people. It is intentional grief. Edgy jokes aren’t grief.

So the choice before you is as follows: to allow freedom to post offensive shit to everyone or to be a hypocrite with special privileges. Or to get permabanned, I guess.

9 Likes

You seem to think kev has allah power and can do whatever he wants without any regard for what other heads think

He IS the owner of the Discord and can ban people as he wish.

Like, for calling out his offenses, like proven earlier.

And? He’s held accountable for what he does. IE: this entire thread right now

1 Like

Can Bee go five days without something retarded happening? I thought this was a fucking joke about the state of the server when I saw Kevs announce. Turns out that Bee itself is the joke.

You’ve created a set of rules so draconian you’re considering permabanning the founder for a shit cringe meme. Look in a mirror.

8 Likes

There was also the lie about the player who accused him of posting that shit and that player got subsequently yeeted for ‘lying’. Thats a bruh moment people are forgetting about this.

3 Likes

That was the same reason tohe fucking yeet me out of council…

2 Likes

Alright that’s a major oof.

1 Like

Let’s talk for a moment.

The only reason that Kev wasn’t instantly obliterated for this is we know the context.

Because of Kev’s contributions, we did not immediately punish him. Instead, we looked for justifications.

While the act itself is very urgh, the fact is that Kev likes to post shocking images often and had no prior incidents like this. So according to the evidence we can conclude he just fucked up, which is why he doesn’t need severe punishment.

This might sound like going easy, but it isn’t. The context is very important even in real-life cases. It’s the difference between self-defense and cold-hearted murder.

Still listening?

My point is that Kev is an exception in our system. We looked at the context because of his status. In reality this is the kind of treatment every single player should have.

Many so far were banned for less. They were not usually asked anything about their deeds nor was the reasoning investigated unless they made an appeal.

Instead of dealing a harsh blow to Kev to keep the illusion of a working system, fix the system. If you need to weed out bad staff members and have harsher staff rules, stop hesitating and step up to it.

PS: I’d like to point out that this is not meant to disrespect our admins and mods, but this is very much an all-or-nothing case. Unless the job is done correctly, great harm is done. An important point is that plenty of that harm also isn’t even visible to us.

PPS: Making the server 18+ would solve many issues. It won’t stop kids from playing just like it doesn’t anywhere else, but it makes it their problem if they see bad shit on the server. We need this. SS13 is not a kid-friendly game and you can experience awful things in it without a single word in the chat. A large part of our community is very edgy as well. The kid-friendly disclaimer has always been fake.

7 Likes

If he doesn’t get permabanned from his own server for this and the rules don’t change - he is a hypocrite with special privileges.
If rules don’t change and he gets permabanned from his own server (however that works) - at least the enforcement of the rules is consistent, there is no hypocrisy.
If rules change to allow offensive shit back on and people who got banned for it before are unbanned - he is not a hypocrite, that would be an admission to a mistake made in making rules so strict.

Those are the options. They cover all possibilities. Because those possibilities are: Rules either change or don’t change, and if they don’t change he is either held to them or he is not.

1 Like

everyone is talking big in a discussion about being allowed to post a child getting impregnated by a pig

it all boils down to whether or not you want to allow NSFW-like posts or not and if you consider gay shit like this acceptable

you all sound like a fucking joke

6 Likes

You’re acting like he was jerking of to it on cam or something. It was pretty clearly ‘look at this gross shit, idiots’.

But that’s the turk for ya.

5 Likes

He’s held accountable for what he does.

Seems like he got off scoot free, with what was more of a pat on the back and an insincere apology. This is the same person that, at first, banned someone for calling them out and, after backlash, posted a public apology.

you all sound like a fucking joke

We did have a person that got perma’d for saying “If you commit crimes I will fart on you”, and farting on perma’d prisoners. This statement was true 3 months ago.

2 Likes

post feet pic as punishment

eh.

Literally just, revert Bee to mid 2019 rules regarding censorship and what can be posted and what cannot.

Also, as 90% of the playerbase said;

Unironically just

Revert the rules, stop constraining Bee so much. SS13 isnt a game for minors, and no one is actually gonna jerk it to a fucking pregnant girl with porkchops in her belly.

This shit just happened because of hypocrisy and how the playerbase is tired of people getting banned for dogshit reasons. That’s all, really.

And I really wanna shit on the apology because most of the time public apologies like this are a “I’m sorry I got caught breaking my own rules” but at the same time you need a break, Kev.

No one really cares, it was 50% a chance to start drama for sake of starting drama and 50% genuine “People get banned for less pls no hypocrite”.

17 Likes

I wasn’t involved in removing you from council

I was yeeted out for various reasons one of them was “pedofile acusations to the server” if i remember correctly, but in no moment i mean that you yeeted me.