Antag rolling

What are the punishments for antag rolling? Removing antag rep or something more severe?
Because if it’s ‘fuck around and find out’ then I unironically love it.

Heres a thought, you have to have a minimum amount of time played in other roles in between each turn you get as antag, so you get a shot at cult, you now need to play 4 hours or so of non antag rolls before you get another antag roll.

Not sure how difficult that would be to code but it would mean theres no benefit for people going straight to cryo if they dont get antag.

But it works like that now if I understand correclty? You have antag rep which is lowered every time you roll antag, and increased when you don’t.

it seems more and more we are forgetting that this is meant to be a video game for fun and not a job

4 Likes

this is hard to measure other than when you observe someone going afk when they dont get antag, which is a good change however I thought it was already a rule tbh

Yeah it certainly is fun when 5 people cryo roundstart, they just couldn’t NOT join the game, could they?

2 Likes

It has literally never impacted my enjoyability of a game for other people to roll for antag and it literally never will.

In short, all this means to me is that more people will be banned for stupid reasons.

Nice but has it ever occured to you that you are not the only person playing the game, and people farming antag rep by cryoing roundstart is just bad for the server?

1 Like

Has it ever occurred to you? Do you even think about what might be fun for other people?

What? People, who leave the game roundstart while antag rolling will have a chance to roll an antag higher in the future, while contributing nothing. They joined the round, saw they didn’t roll antag and leave. So now people who play the round till the end have ‘the same’ chance of being an antag as those who just cryo roundstart.

I don’t see the problem.

Ladies and gentlemen, an average michiru post.

4 Likes

I am not surprised you don’t.

You’re not a very smart lad, are you? It doesn’t affect my fun of the game so I see no point in punishing others for it.

Listen… you know that the other players are people, right? Like actual sentient human beings with likes an dislikes and feelings and desires? They aren’t bots made to fill out the game for you so you don’t feel lonely.

We are incredibly lucky to have a server, much less a server populated enough that we can look at other people and the way they play and squint and say “Mmmm… no thanks.”

Part of why that game is fun is people actually doing their job. Its not all about being an antag or focusing on autism project of your choice.
People who just suicide/cryo after round starts not only don’t contribute, they are also taking job position that someone else wanted to have (and they won’t always be able to get the job they want from hop) and would used better, not to even mention they could be targets of some antags and left without even knowing that.

People cryoing roundstart do free jobslots, but I agree with the rest.

I’m sorry but I have not ever seen this as a problem here. If we were having a problem of the SM exploding every round because all the engineers went to cryo then sure, but that’s not a problem I’ve run into nor is it one I forsee us running into any time soon.

Good, on one server i used to play on there used to be a guy who would murderbone as antag every time, they would just suicide roundstart or literally just ghost if they didn’t get antag.

If murderboning goes down as a result of this new ruling then I’ll change my mind on the subject. I don’t see it terribly much already, though. I’m not sure I’ve even witnessed it first-hand more than a tiny handful of times.

There are a lot of 'I’s in your comments, and almost not a single thing about the server. That’s why you are not the one who’s deciding bout those things.