All bullets go through walls

Hard is not impossible. And guns are not exclusive to medbay maint. Even sec maint, for example can lead to brig phys area. So you can shootup an already healing officer. Or captain office. Or chemistry.

thats why its cool 20 gang

wait isnt caps room reinforced

Thats what we have piercing shots for though. Simply making piercing a wall a matter of “have i brought enough lottery tickets?” Is not only removing the function of a t item, it also makes it easier to get away with crime. And guns are supposed to be one of the loudest options you could ever choose.

1 Like

stop with your good ideas i swear to god people like you are the bane of this server
maybe lets give a random chance to instantly choke to death while eating when youre at it

5 Likes

piercing shots have a lot of more piercing lol, this is just one wall and a chance

In general, with piercing rounds, you are only aiming at piercing one wall, due to the fact that you usually cant fit two separeted rooms on a single screen. This also adds uncertainty to gunplay, which is not a healthy practice. Traitor items usually feature unique functionality due to them being made specifically superior to the alternatives, due to the fact that there is such a limited supply of them. You can try with normal ammunition infinetly, however. As long as you have metal and a hacked lathe.

i think when u were born u won lottery in “random chance at being a whiny bitch”

Lets not give ideas, lets not have discussion, yes thats the best way.
What are u doing on the forums i wonder ?

Also the very idea of adding chance to guns specifically is very… VERY misguiding. Guns are supposed to be the weapon of choice which feature NO moving pieces, NO uncertainty, NO shenanigans. Just a RELIABLE choice. If you want something like uncertainty use a clown car, a hot potato, a sleepy pen, NOT GUNS

your ideas suck
there’s no point of discussion

I mean we might dissect the very reasons his ideas suck and in doing so give a well defined structure to what we like and want from a mechanic, which we can use as a base of suggestions to that mechanic in the future

its not gonna happen
i’ve seen his kind before

A better idea to propose regarding spicing up the piercing bullets is: limit the penetration considerably (1-2 walls maybe?), And make it so that air leaks out through the hole (give it a huge fucking sprite, since the issue has to be identifiable). Would make it a reasonable strategy to shoot at the toxins mix room to sabotage it, or shooting an opening to space to siphon air out into space. However this change might be seen as more annoying than cool, since it requires engineers to put in actual work. Not that engineers shouldnt have work, but introducing them with such a challenge might be met with resistance, and as such, the idea should be canned until
A) community of engineers ready to do their job
B) better suggestion made

In fact, making some sort of an instrument to make atmos holes in the walls is a very appealing idea to me, not necessairily tied to piercing shots. Even something like peeper drill would work. On use on wall leaves a fairly hidden, yet distinct sprite which indicates a hole. If interacting with the hole, you peep through and see in a binoculars fashion, except some vision is obscured. Atmos gasses can leak through the drilled wall. Bullets can pass through a drilled wall.
Should cost a fairly small amount and maybe have a distinct in hand sprite and a moderate use time to balance it out.
Edit: MAKE THE DRILL JAM IF USED WHILST CLOWN MASK IS EQUIPPED

Any fucking drill 290202020

hnngh just make them special rounds that can pierce everything, which do less damage the more walls they go through but are more expensive

Pretty sure the current penetrators just pierce an unlimited amount of walls without penalties
Edit: a bit rusty on that though

i’d be ok with this but different walls should have different resistences and caliber of bullet should matter

the 357 traitor revolver should punch through normal walls with ease, the detectives gun would go through but with reduced damage and a 9mm would be useless.

R-walls should only be peircable with heavy duty anti-material sniper rifles.

also making low-sec areas like the bar/botany ect have wooden walls could be interesting

an interesting side effect is over-penetration, you could shoot, miss and hit someone randomly

would be pretty fun randomly getting domed in the head because a traitor missed there target

lmao, who hurt you so much little boy ? Need a hug ?

seeing as you keep responding to my posts i think im not the one with my feelings hurt