Alexanderself1 noted By Bloons3

CKEY: Alexanderself1

**Admin’s CKEY:**Bloons3

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Literally a note I just dont like

Which server did the ban happen on?

**Ban Type:**Note

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2/7/21

**Round ID:**No idea, not listed with notes

Ban Reason: Emagged shuttle to force early launch as captain for no reason on MRP

Appeal Reason: A bomb had just went off on the shuttle, the entire station was airless and depressurized, and I had just gotten attacked by two people who got VERY close to killing me. I was afraid if we stayed longer we would get bombed to oblivion. There was also only like 40 seconds left until ignition anyway, and with my thermals I couldnt see anyone coming.

Additional Information:

Kinda just dont want a note for something dummy

I understand we have a lot going on but I would still like this to be handled, it honestly seems kinda simple and since it’s not a ban it can be dealt with just with me and Bloons if need be.

A) Why did you have an emag as Captain
B) Why did you use an emag as Captain
C) Why did you early launch the shuttle when (other than hijacking) it is meant to be the decision of the command staff and not just a single person?

1 Like

Emag came from a bagged traitor which left PDA unlocked. I bought thermals, emag (for use on sec gas masks for haha funny but I never got a chance to use it for such), and something else I honestly don’t remember.

Emag was used on vending machines and the shuttle console. That was it.

There were two visible heads on the shuttle as far as I knew, bomb had just went off, I had just got attacked by two people, stations was depressurized and there was an AI fucking with us. If we had stayed longer casualties may of been MUCH higher

2 Likes

If someone had a hijack objective they were trying to fulfill that sounds like a good reason to early launch, although just because you couldnt see anyone going to shuttle doesnt mean they weren’t trying to get to the pods.

Unless the pods DONT early launch when the shuttle does? Never occurred to me to wonder about that.

1 Like

Not seeing anyone coming is honestly the least important part.

I may edit the note to remove the “for no reason”, but the issue I had was that you decided to early launch entirely by yourself.

I’d have the same issue if the HoP decided to print off spare IDs and early launched the shuttle, completely ignoring the fact that any other Heads of Staff exist.

Captains and other heads of staff should be enforcing space law, which is to say confiscating and storing syndicate gear as evidence, not pocketing it for personal use.

For the same reason command should never authorize or distribute nulls, they should not be using uplinks your purchase gear either.

Note should stay but perhaps be adjusted.

I don’t think this is really relevant to the ticket; as long as you’re not powergaming, possession of contraband (even as command) is usually an IC issue, not an OOC issue.

This is incorrect. It is an IC issue for non-command because command is expected to handle it appropriately. If command is permitting the use of contraband, then command is neglecting their duties and completely removing the “IC issue” aspect of it.

Respect space law and standard operating procedures. Committing minor crimes is justifiable through roleplay.

Heads of Staff are held to higher standards than regular crewmembers. You are expected to be a competent person and competent at your job.

If you are playing command staff, you are responsible for ensuring your department is running appropriately. Lesser contraband is okay for normal crew to sneak in, especially drugs for junkies and those working with them - but Syndicate equipment should never be permitted by command staff except in the same emergencies where a crew member would be allowed to loot and use items that are labeled as high-risk.

Even in those cases the crew using it should have it confiscated and be questioned after the fact. This doesn’t mean valid-killing them or assuming everything they say is a lie, but they should be treated with a degree of suspicion.