CKEY: Alexanderself1

**Admin’s CKEY:**riskysikh

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Sage

Which server did the ban happen on? MRP

Ban Type: Server and Job

Ban Length: 1 Day Server 3 Day Command

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 6/30/2020

**Round ID:**17921

**Ban Reason:**Overescalation: As CMO, killed someone who job changed to Medical Doctor, thinking they trespassed.

Appeal Reason: The whole time I was talking to this Admin, his points were that I didn’t act upon the information I didn’t have. he kept saying how he begged for us to stop hitting him and that he was a doctor and HOP gave him an ID, but I wasn’t there for any of that, I didn’t hear any of that. As far as I know, a man is on the ground with nothing but a backpack headset and shoes, and I’m told he tried to beat someone to death and that he broke in, so I do what anyone who’s spent the last month or two playing LRP would do, I finished the job because this man was already in crit. There was even someone in crit in the surgery room right next to me so I assumed that was the person they beat to death. Now, later, when I get a little message about why I killed him I tell them what I knew, and then learn it was all lies, that he didn’t break in because HOP gave him the ID and that he didn’t beat anyone to death at all. This then leads to this downwards spiral of “I acted on what I knew” and then “but what you knew wasn’t true.” and ended in my ban.

Additional Information: The reason I believed that this man did these things is because breaking into somewhere to try to kill someone sounds like they were an antag who just wanted to finish their objective as soon as possible.
Edit: I didn’t even think about this until I was going through the other ban appeals like I do normally but I thought this man was an antag and thus believed he was valid, is that really bannable?
Edit Part 2: No ban auth

As a non antag on MRP, you should avoid killing people alltogether. You pretty much acted on hearsay, 1 day server ban is pretty lax. For next time, no?

1 Like

Hey Alexanderself1, let me explain. The reason why I banned you is because the guy you killed didn’t do anything at all. Just because another doctor is attacking them, falsely claiming that they broke in. You can’t excuse your actions saying that people on comms were claiming that the person you killed was a murderer. The guy just recently changed his job to medical doctor, and was naked since he was going to change into his medical clothes. You can’t make presumptions that because someone is in critical on the surgery table that they were responsible for it. As a Chief Medical Doctor, you are the head of medical, you could’ve handled this situation in a different manner and just treated the person and called security. To interrogate them and see what their story was. You can’t go around killing someone who is crit. Also with your LRP background, I understand that in LRP it is accepted, but here on MRP the rules move differently. You can’t excuse your actions on heresy, and saying that if I can do it on LRP that means I can do it on MRP mentality. Which is why I feel that this ban is justified.

1 Like

Well I guess in a way that makes sense because Ive spent the last month or two on LRP and I’m rusty from the MRP rules, but if you look at it I mean from what I knew this guy committed two capital crimes and a minor crime, and was looking at a crit body in the other room. Also, people have to act on hearsay in SS13, thats just the way it is, half the people that get arrested are because of someone on sec comms going “hey, set this person to arrest” and then half an hour later some secbro stumbles upon them and arrests them without even knowing their crimes. And Riskysikh is right, I am head of medical so IC I would be pissed one of my staff almost got beat to death. Also no ban auth.

I understand, but this is MRP the rules are different than LRP. Also, I got the ban authentication for the server ban, you don’t need authentication for job bans. Just make sure to read the rules next time. As well, forgive me for the double job ban, my PC froze on me, and I accidentally hit the button once.

Wait you can get ban auth from another trial admin?

No, St0rmC4st3r is a full admin them self, I can only get authentication from those that are ranked admin+ and above.

He is listed on forums and discord as trial admin.

On the discord, he is listed as game admin, and in the server he is listed as game admin. Also on the forums he is listed as game admin.

I see now that they keep their tags as trial admin upon moving up which is weird but okay

Aye(20 characters)))

Wow. Uh. I am a fullmin several months already.

Ayyyy St0rm thanks for the admin input can we close this thread now before every person to open forums replies and I have piles of notifications

Yep, good point.
@RiskySikh if you don’t have anything to input, you should close it

Hope you have a good day.

Since everyone here is in agreement, this appeal is denied.

Edit: I didn’t even think about this until I was going through the other ban appeals like I do normally but I thought this man was an antag and thus believed he was valid, is that really bannable?

This should be enough evidence, there is no such thing as “being valid” on MRP, you saw a coworker with a medical ID in the medical department and decided to kill them out of sheer paranoia. That is something which should go permanently on your record since it’s a serious offense.

He had his id in his backpack

It’s not the actual events here that sound problematic to me, it’s your initial attitude of valid hunting and attacking someone instead of actually trying to communicate and figure out why they are there.

You could simply have asked them why, confirmed the information with the HoP, and everything would have been fine and dandy, and this is exactly how players are expected to resolve this on MRP.

You decided to go for a no RP approach because “muh valids” and this is why you got banned.

Well start slow. I didn’t even know this man had came from HOP and got a job change, so what would I of asked HOP. He also had no ID on, and was mostly naked. I was told that he tried to beat someone, so I assumed that he was an antagonist, which anyone would of done. He was on his deathbed and I was still in my lrp mindset so I finished him off, which is why i got banned. He was in critical and unable to speak, all action was based on what I was told