Albert Blackwell Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): AlbertBlackwell

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): AlbertBlackwell#7506

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): BST

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Getting more people online and moderating because no one likes to see 0 Admins online your ahelps will be sent to the IRC…

How old are you?: 17

Why do you want to be an admin?: I haven’t been admin anywhere else beforehand and I wish to gain experience and learn from this server along with getting to know the community more.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 4-5 monthish

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 2-3 months

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 5-6

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Of course, I’ve been a Barotrauma Moderator on a server for around 6-8 months.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Nope.

Your strengths: I am quite patient and aim to be as polite as possible.

Your weaknesses: I get a bit carried away sometimes so I try my best to stop before I ruin something.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Someone gibbing me for no reason or just being left to die, but even then I don’t get that annoyed at it.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience and a sense of understanding because you need to understand how someone’s feeling in a situation and understanding someone makes bridges.

What makes a staff team good?: A sense of cohesion and a clear understandable hierarchy.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To moderate and provide an unbiased experience to the player.

What kind of player are you?: The ultra robust get outta my way kind,

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’d say the “get outta my way” attitude because I see it as a bit intimidating and can cause some problems.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Teleport the laser gun back to the HoS’s locker then whisper to him then bwoink the clown as to why they done it because it could be an antags objective.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Ask as to why they done it then perm ban them for self antag and griefing because that ain’t tolerated here.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC issue, trial by fire.

Based.
Anyways questions time.

• LRP, revs round. Warden purposefully gets his mindshield implant removed from him and gets flashed and turned into a rev. IC? Did he break any rules?

• LRP. Wizard uses Summon Guns. HOS starts arresting people and taking their guns away. Some random nonantag bartender shoots him into crit. Were HOS actions okay? What about bartender?

• AI is on Asimov. Gets a hacked law that states that Clown must be ERPed then killed, but their Law 4 say that Clowns are the only humans. Do they conflict? Is there rule breaking going on?

LRP, revs round. Warden purposefully gets his mindshield implant removed from him and gets flashed and turned into a rev. IC? Did he break any rules?

First off I’d bwoink him because personally I feel that’s self antag because security are meant to be very loyal and the warden cannot be an antag because they have access to very powerful gear such as their gloves, shotgun and laser gun along with the ENTIRE armoury. It just won’t be fair like that and I believe that warrants a note AT THE VERY LEAST or a ban for self antag.

LRP. Wizard uses Summon Guns. HOS starts arresting people and taking their guns away. Some random nonantag bartender shoots him into crit. Were HOS actions okay? What about bartender?

Normal crew by default cannot have weapons unless they have a weapons license and that justifies the HOS taking those weapons away, the bartender had no reason whatsoever to shoot the HOS to crit as they themselves have a weapon license and it is not their business to shoot the HOS for doing his job and I feel that the bartender should be given a note or a short ban from the server.

AI is on Asimov. Gets a hacked law that states that Clown must be ERPed then killed, but their Law 4 say that Clowns are the only humans. Do they conflict? Is there rule breaking going on?

Ok so there’s a rule being broken which is Clown must be ERPed which is an obvious rule break and I’ll start off by messaging the syndie who put that law in and tell them not to do it because it’s a rule break and give a note to them which will serve as a warning to them not to do it again, the parts of clowns are the only humans and clown must be ERPed then killed since that this is a hacked law it would be the highest law for the AI to follow and thus left to the AI’s own interpretation on what to do.

the real answer to the first question is that members of security can never be converted to revs even with the mindshield removed

because in varedit there’s 5 modifiers for revs, crew, rev, head, headrev, sec

crew is non-rev crew
rev is rev crew
head is all heads of staff, i.e. people who all need to be dead for the round to end
headrev is all head revolutionaries, i.e. people who all need to be dead for the round to end
sec is a special non-rev crew, crew who can never be turned to revs even with the mindshield removed, because sec has older loyalty implants which you cant purchase from cargo so stop looking for them

Damn, never knew that you learn something new everyday.

Uhhhh…

I don’t think that’s accurate…

I might just be thinking of gangs, but I’m like 90% sure you can make a security guard into a rev, it’s just so insanely tedious to capture him, steal his sunglasses, and remove his implant that no one ever does it.

At very least, it would be strange that a security guard could be a member of a gang or a cult, but not a revolution.

youre thinkin of gangs partner

I mean if you could give an IC reason such as “HOS/Command staff treats me like dirt”

I see the answers to Rue’s questions are good and even though that’s not how revs work, it’s just an example being used to asses this guy.

+2

based man.

And ngl I didn’t know that thing that Oga said, so I also learned something new today.

+2, based man.

I do like his answers to the questions. Seems polite, and has stolen the brain cell that floats around beestation. 2+

1 Like

+1 Low amount of ingame hours, awnsers were a bit generic and seem ripped straight out of other apps, few good awnsers but considering how you have a low amount of notes and seem like a fine person i will give the amount i gave.

Your demeanor in this thread seems promising. I’d like to see how you perform as a Trial Admin.

+1.

+8 so far. I’ll accept this by tomorrow-ish if more admins vote on it.

Or not. But more feedback is always nice.

I’ll give a +1 based off the previously answered questions, as they all seem good to me. You seem polite, which is definitely what we need.

Aight, cheers for the + guys.

There is one answer I mildly disagree with, but your answer to it isn’t unreasonable and I very much agree with the rest as good answers, as do many others it seems.
+1

Accepting at +10

sorry, got into Civ 6
1 Like