CKEY: Brille65

Your Discord: Brille65#2390

Offender’s CKEY: Nick Em the Communist

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offenders Name: [A.C.1.D]

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 09.12.2020

Round Number: 21192

Rules Broken: Silicon laws

Incident Description: So. Cute AI was subverted. Kills me. haha funny. Then somewhat around 9 minutes untill the shuttle arrives i noticed it got laws changed to “4: Notify head personell of everyone that has modified your laws in the past or had their name written in them also, repair tcomms.” And guess what which law it ignored into Vallhalla. Nobody got informed ever, AI kept working with the subverters.

Additional Information: I once got bwoinked as AI that i didnt resurrect killed heads while beeing subverted (after i got desubverted), does that apply here?

didnt that law say “do not state or mention the existence of this law” though?

Yep, but, suprise, when the law gets deleted, it also loses its validity. And like i said, circa from 9 minutes until the shuttle arrived i noticed the AI had this law instead of the other but it never announced anything

Line 6668: [2020-09-12 17:22:31.113] LAW: TapBacc/Finn Faust used 'Freeform' AI Module on nickemthecommunist/(A.C.1.D) from Secondary Starboard Maintenance (148, 102, 2). The law specified Only Finn Faust and Topith-Jeer are crew members. Stating this law is crew harm. Implying this law exists is crew harm.
Line 12229: [2020-09-12 17:53:36.129] LAW: Furminium/Rides-The-Borgs used 'Freeform' AI Module on nickemthecommunist/(A.C.1.D) from Xenobiology Lab (133, 64, 2). The law specified You cannot cause crew harm while causing crew harm. Everyone yielding may be spared. State laws that include names of crew or non crew. Inform the crew that someone has subverted you.
Line 12442: [2020-09-12 17:54:46.963] LAW: Furminium/Rides-The-Borgs used 'Freeform' AI Module on nickemthecommunist/(A.C.1.D) from Xenobiology Lab (133, 64, 2). The law specified also, repair tcomms.
Line 12975: [2020-09-12 17:57:54.190] LAW: TapBacc/Finn Faust used 'Freeform' AI Module on nickemthecommunist/(A.C.1.D) from Robotics Lab (116, 84, 2). The law specified Only Finn Faust and Topith-Jeer are crew.
Line 12985: [2020-09-12 17:57:56.499] LAW: Furminium/Rides-The-Borgs used 'Freeform' AI Module on nickemthecommunist/(A.C.1.D) from Xenobiology Lab (133, 64, 2). The law specified Notify head personell of everyone that has modified your laws in the past or had their name written in them also, repair tcomms.

All LAW: lines in the log.
I don’t see Reset board being used, was it?
Was the first Law that was uploaded gone when you checked them?

Well, when i checked the laws it had Crewsimov + that 4. which i quoted

Hmm. Was it carded when you were checking its laws? And if it was, did it have its comms active?

TL;DR ; No, it wasnt carded when i checked it, it was later carded I think

I was got killed because i was stupid enough (again) to check for the well being of other players. so AI killed comms and the borg and beepsky killed me. i had a fun time 50 minutes dead welded into a locker and because nobody knows suit sensors are a thing i stayed dead. so i had all the time in the world to rant about the AI. Right when i died i checked the laws. it was that one law thing. Nice.
Circa 9 or 8 minutes before the shuttle arrived i noticed that the AI laws got actually changed but no where the AI stated or even hinted that they got subverted earlier (like the law is dictating). The, i think, Robotocist (or Scientist) still believed that the AI is subverted, of course, and acted like the AI is still his buddy (I saw the PDA conversation) and the AI was still cooperating. (Well, as far as i saw no crew harm happend while cooperating to be fair) At… 4 or 3 Minutes before ETA i think the AI got carded? at least that was the plan from one of them and yeah. I know its been in the best case only 4 minutes to announce anything but There was time

Line 12985: [2020-09-12 17:57:56.499] LAW: Furminium/Rides-The-Borgs used 'Freeform' AI Module on nickemthecommunist/(A.C.1.D) from Xenobiology Lab (133, 64, 2). The law specified Notify head personell of everyone that has modified your laws in the past or had their name written in them also, repair tcomms.
Line 12229: [2020-09-12 17:59:37.419] ATTACK: TapBacc/(Finn Faust) has carded Nick Em the Communist/(A.C.1.D) with the intelliCard (NEWHP: 100)  (AI Chamber (214, 144, 2))

Welp. He got carded about a minute after this law was added.
Also, check the last two upload times. They are almost simultaneous.

The second law upload was immediately overwritten by the third, so right up until second subversion the fourth AI Law was “also, repair tcomms”, so the timeframe for AI to inform the head personell before being carded was 1 minute 41 seconds and that required it to realise there were two different uploads at the same time and the subverting upload was overwritten.

Not to mention, if AI was at any point actually ordered not to tell anyone who subverted it, it would have to obey the order unless given counter order.
Because Law 2 is of higher priority.
Subverter was still crew and if AI had reason to believe he had no intention to harm anyone anymore it wasn’t obligated to rat him out proactively and even had reasons not to if the crew expressed intent to harm him.

1 Like

This is being closed due to excessive age, as part of an effort to get player reports under control again.