Your Discord:

Offender’s CKEY:Aeitous

Offender’s In-Game Name:ED-42

Server (Sage or Acacia):Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):27/02/2023

Round Number: 42919

Rules Broken: Rule 7 Be Excellent to Each Other

Incident Description:
Started in medbay foyer, I was a mime and was painting as I usually do. ED-42 then comes into the foyer takes my paintings and runs off, he drops the paintings down the hall I pick them up and return. So far a little dickish but still IC fine.

He returns couple seconds later to do the same thing again. I push him and manage to get him to drop the painting, he then proceeds to start punching me and chase me. As a pacifist mime i can do nothing but push, he continued to punch me into crit until a medic saved me. A antag came in to also attack me at the same time although I got nothing wrong with them as are allowed. ED-42 proceeded to boast and be generally dickish about how he “beat up a mime”.
I reported the incident however the current admin ruled it as IC due to the fact that I pushed him when he was actively attacking me.

A little extra from the end of the round

Additional Information:

8 Likes

That’s some absolutely disgusting and childish behavior.
Escalation doesn’t work like that, you can only react with the same ammount of violence in IC escalation.
Pushing isn’t at the level of punching, especialy not to the point of critting people.
If an officer stunned and arrested someone for pushing them, they would get a report about overescalation. Here this guy put you into freaking crit.

Dude has a long ass history of being a shitter so no question asked here.

7 Likes

Can confirm that this indeed was marked as IC during the round by another staff member. I’ll talk with them and get back to you as soon as I can.

This entire thing is incredibly disingenuous, this screenshot is from 1-3 years ago, I have no recent bans.

I was already asked by Tamumus to go read escalation rules before the round ended, (there’s a note on my profile about this)

The retelling of events as well is very one sided, OOC started because the Mime decided to shit talk in OOC at the beginning of the next round, my OOC comments were made in the vain of “Lol okay buddy, settle down”

I am entirely at fault when it comes to escalation here however, I threw the first punch after repeatedly being shoved, I shouldn’t have done that as the Tamumus told me later, however, Tamumus was very friendly about it and told me where I’d gone wrong so I could not repeat it in the future, I realise I have a high playtime on the server so it may be confusing as to how I didn’t know already, but bare in mind 99% of my playtime on Bee was in 2022 and on (R.I.P.) Golden

But don’t you also have almost no recent playtime outside of this last week and a half? You went completely dark for nearly a year after golden was removed and one of the first things you said after showing up again is lamenting that you can’t be LRP anymore.

[SA] (OOC) Tsar Khastic: ED-42 was a cock that round

This is the only thing the reporting player said in OOC after the round.

It’s good you know that escalation wasn’t followed now, but that’s not the only thing wrong with your interaction here - why are you just running up to and picking a fight with someone out of the blue, especially a pacifist? Is it just out of boredom?

You should be playing as a reasonable and normal character:

Doesn’t really seem like a professional that wants to keep their job is going to run up and be looking for fights by acting like an asshole unprovoked.

3 Likes

Yes this is true, I’m sad that LRP servers for SS13 are few and far between nowadays and that’s where SS13 is going, I left until recently where I accepted that if MRP is going to be where the majority of the player base wants to play, and if I want to play SS13, I’m going to have to learn MRP.

I apologise if I’m learning at a snails pace, I haven’t played on an RP server of any game for about 10 years now, but I am trying, it’s why I’ve taken to exploration crew lately where I can learn without irritating the entire station.

The entire conversation in OOC was “Wow EV-42 was a dick that round” “Lol okay Mime” I’ll admit to going too far in saving face, and for that, I’ll take my lashings but my intention was not for the Mime to leave the server angry or upset.

And to address your last point, I was an assistant and I stole the mime’s painting, to which, I apologise, though I fail to see how stealing a mime’s painting as an assistant 7 minutes before the shuttle arrives is roleplaying insanity or mental illness and of which the burden of proof lies with you.

1 Like

“1. Related posting is ALLOWED only if you are objectively contributing to the report, for instance pointing out something everybody has missed or are referring to a rule.”

It honestly looks like you just wanted to be a dick to the mime for no reason

First Encounter
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "You're looking tubby mime" (Medbay Central (100, 110, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "Let me help you ouyt" (Medbay Central (98, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has grabbed Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (98, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has thrown the canvas (Central Primary Hallway (120, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has thrown the pocket fire extinguisher (Central Primary Hallway (88, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) with onto the table (table) (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (98, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (98, 110, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "OW" (Medbay Central (98, 111, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has kicks Aeitous/(EV-42) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (98, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (98, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (99, 111, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "What're you gonna do?" (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "Cry?" (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
Combat logs
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 115, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has kicks Aeitous/(EV-42) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has punched Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 93)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 113, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has kicks Aeitous/(EV-42) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has punched Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 86)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 113, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has punched Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 79)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 115, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has punched Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 72)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 113, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has shoved Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 72)  (Central Primary Hallway (107, 113, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has grabbed Aeitous/(EV-42) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (Research Division (111, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has grabbed Aeitous/(EV-42) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (Research Division (112, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has shoved Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 72)  (Research Division (113, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has shoved Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 72)  (Research Division (112, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has grabbed Aeitous/(EV-42) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (Research Division (110, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has shoved Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) with into Rouge Rascal (NEWHP: 72)  (Aft Primary Hallway (108, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has shoved Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) with onto the table (table) (NEWHP: 72)  (Research Division (110, 110, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has kicked Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 61.5)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has kicked Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 53.6)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has punched Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 48.4)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) has shoved Aeitous/(EV-42) (NEWHP: 100)  (Research Division (110, 108, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has shoved Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 48.4)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has kicked Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 37.9)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has kicked Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 27.4)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has kicked Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 16.9)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has kicked Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) (NEWHP: 6.4)  (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
Taunting afterwards
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "Losing to a bot" (Research Division (115, 109, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "Ha" (Research Division (115, 109, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "FEAR ME MIME" (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "FEAR ME" (Research Division (110, 110, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "Eh?" (Aft Primary Hallway (107, 93, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) "He attacked me!" (Aft Primary Hallway (107, 93, 2))

So long as there is effort towards roleplaying and understanding of how you messed up when you did, I don’t think anyone will have lasting issues with you and what you do. It wasn’t clear from what was being reported that this was happening.

I do have to follow up and ask though: Are you still playing/returning to bee because you’re interested in actively roleplaying and learning to roleplay a character, or are you settling for putting up with the restrictions because it’s the community you’re most familiar with? If you’re just settling for putting up with rules you don’t like because you like the code, there’s other options out there that you’d likely have a much better time with.

Apologies, I wasn’t trying to imply this - It’s just a screenshot of the entire first part of rule 1. The upper section is all that was relevant to the point I was trying to make.

I can understand how the logs appear so allow me to detail them:

SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “You’re looking tubby mime” (Medbay Central (100, 110, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “Let me help you ouyt” (Medbay Central (98, 109, 2))
ATTACK: Aeitous/(EV-42) has grabbed Tsar Khastic/(Speaks-The-Truth) passive grab (NEWHP: 100) (Medbay Central (98, 109, 2))

There was a lipid machine… I’ve never seen one work in 3 years playing, an assistant had already tried, I’d tried to ask the captain, and mimes don’t speak, hence this

Me accidentally throwing the canvas after I’d pressed ‘x’ to swap hands, threw the wrong thing, then threw the right thing

SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “What’re you gonna do?” (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “Cry?” (Central Primary Hallway (99, 114, 2))

The Mime and me were separated by a window, Mimes in media are known for crying

The combat logs show what was already discussed so I will leave them as is

SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “Losing to a bot” (Research Division (115, 109, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “Ha” (Research Division (115, 109, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “FEAR ME MIME” (Research Division (110, 109, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “FEAR ME” (Research Division (110, 110, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “Eh?” (Aft Primary Hallway (107, 93, 2))
SAY: Aeitous/(EV-42) “He attacked me!” (Aft Primary Hallway (107, 93, 2))

This is me being a bit of an (IC) megalomaniac, usually I like to play EV-42 as a robot with delusions of grandeur, it’s a hard line to cut right and obviously this is not my best example, it usually works quite well when I play exploration crew as I usually end up as the sarky robot pilot, a half and half of Marvin and the Agents, again this fell far short of the bar here and is quite cringeworthy to read back.

I appreciate the question as it allows me to detail a bit more, let me be clear that while I was at first adverse to MRP, SS13 sank into my mind as “Most servers went full RP and banned a lot of the old ways of doing things”, it became that in my mind (again, an adjustment period from chaotic space game to more managed thought out RP Space game), so when I came back, I knew I was coming to play MRP. I would become swiftly irritated and leave were I playing for the codebase, there are plenty of codebases, and I like each one for different reasons, but I play on Bee for Bee, I have had genuinely fun RP interactions since coming back, for example, (and again, I point to exploration crew but that’s because it’s where 99% of my time has been since coming back) a round yesterday or the day before had me and two other exploration crew absolutely ace EC while in the process starting a bond between characters that felt like it should be on the silver screen.

And I see what you mean in regards to rule 1, I will ensure its a core factor in any IC decisions made going forward.

1 Like

Well, having talked to the moderator that resolved this in-game I’ve come to the conclusion that no further administrative action needs to be taken. As such I’ll be denying this.
As for you @Aeitous I’ll remind you once again that we dropped the ‘MRP’ label some time ago and are now just ‘RP’.

3 Likes