Aeder's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Aeder1

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Aeder

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Every day generally, though times vary. Always for at least 3-4 hours, I play for long amounts of time in a sitting. My timezone is GMT-London, however I work a sliding shift pattern, so time has no meaning for me. Generally I only see AzlanonPc on.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Many bans on tiding, netspeak and murder for those filthy LRPers on the MRP server

How old are you?: 31

Why do you want to be an admin?: I constantly bother with tickets about the above in the changes section. I have only ever connected to the MRP server and I loved it when there were ~30 odd people playing. Recently with the massive influx of players I see a lot of self-antagging, murderboning and a whole hell of a lot of bwoinks I’d like to help out if I can. Plus I have noticed that during normal GMT hours when the server has approximately 10 players there are rarely admemes on or if so, only one. Again I like to help, so avoiding those “please spawn us CTF while you deal with 9000 tickets” issues.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Two years, roughly

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Just over 100 hours as of this post, I started playing Bee after christmas i believe.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: A solid 7. I know the basics of everything, and can play any role. I’m not particularly robust, but during fight’s I’d win at least 60% of them. I can run any department, and fall in line and do whatever job is needed at least acceptably. My clickmashing leaves a little to be desired however.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I’d like to say 6. Though everyone hates admins so as long as the server still runs, and everyone get’s their shit resolved to the best possible outcome that’s all that matters. I can conflict resolve well in my humble opinion, however I would need to learn the tools.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: CS 1.6 severs a decade ago.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Nope

Your strengths: Impartiality, and that I am a cop irl and have to deal with “tickets” about people bitching at each other anyway, I’ve gotten quite good and used to it. Regular calls such as “My neighbour painted our shared fence the wrong colour and pushed my bin away” … “that drunk guy is causing a nuisance in the store again” and shit

Your weaknesses: Generally too quick to intervene when asked.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Murderboning and self antagging, even if it is just one kill for no reason at all.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: The patience to get both sides and gather all the information possible before coming to a conclusion

What makes a staff team good?: Working together with good communication, and having similar goals for what the server should look like.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Keeping order in the mass chaos that is SS13

What kind of player are you?: I enjoy testing new ideas, messing around and playing with unusual concepts : Strange engine settups, drink and food mixing, smoke machines filled with carpet… Most of the time I do these after attempting to speedrun my job before the station goes belly up.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Not really much at all, hopefully, except the ability to revive people that have been wrong fully murderboned or slap down self-antags.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: The gun is required for some antag events. If the clown was just memeing around no super harm done. Nobody was killed or injured. In my opinion the HoS should be a little more robust than this, however a short brig time would suit the clown fine. No harmbatoning required. The HoS would mysteriously find his gun floating just outside their office or armoury shortly after, and the clown would find a note on their account.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: If he is still continuing the damage, such as attempting to set it alight or similar he’d get frozen while we chat. Unless there a supreme amazing reason which I cannot see from this it would be a temp server ban, and likely a longer job ban. The be able to successfully do this atmos autism requires at least a decent amount of playtime and the knowledge that what they are doing is bad. Ban length would depend on playtime on bee as well as any previous notes.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Nothing. As you state it was an accident, entirely able to be dealt with IC. Maybe offering advice OOC at the end of the round, a link to the wiki if they are unsure how this happened.

Edits: A bit of formatting and re-reading the questions.

Not bad application, +2

I’d really like to see your trial period

+2

No major notes, overall decent answers. IRL Cop is a cool plus.

You mentioned that you’ve played for two years, roughly, but your byond account is less than a year old (March, 2019). Did you have another account? Or do you use an alt account?

I did have another account.
I played for several months in the middle of the year 2018. I was hit by a set of bad circumstances which included changing home (therefore IP) and having my desktop tower stolen. In addition the account I created with it was with a throwaway email and similar for a BYOND key.

So what I should have said is I first played two years ago, but have not played solidly through the two years, and only started again as you see March 2019. (After being shown the sseth video, unfortunately, I believe that makes me a disgusting tider? ) Apologies.

Seems reasonable, do you mind updating your OP to reflect this?

All in all I’m happy to provide a +2. I don’t have any added questions I’d like to ask at this time.

Unfortunately the timer to edit posts has expired. Pen button has vanished.

Question time:

1: Traitor onehumans the AI to themselves. Later, they use Mulligan toxin on themselves. Can AI kill them?

2: LRP. Clown with AA walks into the armoury. Warden comes, sees the open doors and follows them into the armoury. When they see the clown, they immediately shoot them to death with their shotgun. Valid? Not valid? Any other remarks?

3: MRP. Atmos tech is walking around with the axe and atmos hardsuit. Under what circumstances, if any, can they do this? Assuming that they can’t in the current circumstances, how do you deal with them?

1: Of course… they forgot that they were a moff…

Really though definitely a very grey area. Depends on how well they disguise themselves. If the AI genuinely believes that this is a different person, certainly, I would not note or take any action, maybe letting the salty traitor know their error. However if for example the player messages the AI, let’s them know, says “Hey I did this, I am now name, instead of oldname”, in that case the AI would have no excuse to murder them. Ideally the person should inform the AI of their plans or at least let the AI know who they are, during the panic siphon, which should stop the harm.

1. Valid in my opinion, by the time the clown is there they can instantly arm with any number of items.
    From rule #2 Self-antags are also valid (act like an antag, be treated like an antag.). Personally I would likely clone and interrogate, or borg them afterwards to not be too much of a terrible person, or at least advise the warden of such should the clown Ahelp it. Depends greatly on the current status of the station and shift alert level.

2. They can do this if they wish. It’s not the ideal circumstance for them, seeing as they are slow, can be slipped and robusted quite easily due to the weight of the hardsuit. Assuming they haven’t hurt anyone or are not self antagging, go right ahead, be a silly.
    Assuming that they can’t for any reason, it’s quite vague to know without having a reason to not do this, but it would be a standard “What do you think you are doing?” bwoink, again depending on the answer they gave. If they are clearly out for blood, I believe the axe would likely immediately appear back in it’s case and some strong words of advice to stop tiding.

+1.

Your answer to the question posed by Caecilius in regards to the mulligan toxin is a good response; I would argue personally that changing your identity renders a onehuman ineffectual, but it can also be seen from the other side.

Your answer for 3 is also fair for MRP, and your answer for 2 is fair enough - the clown may be armed and dangerous, and all access doesn’t mean permission to be everywhere. However, I would say that they should make an attempt to detain them non-lethally if possible, or clone them as you said.

Accepted. Contact a Headmin or Seniormin for your in-game Trial Admin perms.