[Aeder] Admin Report

CKEY: wilchen

Offender’s CKEY: aeder

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 11/29/2021

Round Number: 34270

Incident Description: Piss poor job of handling a ban appeal.

Aeder refused to address any of my points in the appeal

1. Security clause in escalation
  2. Space law allowing to use lethal force when outnumbered and when facing stun weaponry.
  3. finally posted logs after 4 days just to close the appeal and not let me refute my point using evidence like I requested.
  4. Logs posted didn’t include all SAY logs and coordinates letting me properly appeal the ban.

All this leads me to believe Aeder didn’t even read the appeal.
Chose to ignore large parts of it, spew several falsehoods and closed the appeal before he can be corrected.

Additional Information:
Lied about the first interaction being me shooting at the pair of traitors.
If that is true then why are they saying “captain is going to shoot us” prior to that.

[2021-11-24 15:05:43.232] SAY: Burrrkeye/(Smoke Vanleer) he’s going to shoot us (Central Port Maintenance (136, 195, 2))|
[2021-11-24 15:06:04.070] ATTACK: Wilchen/(Sherrie Williams) has fired at [catwalk] with the laser from Central Port Maintenance (Central Port Maintenance (141, 175, 2))
The timelines and coordinates don’t match up with what Aeder is claiming.
This is specifically why I requested the relevant logs.

Chose to omit one of the traitors immidiately being ready to shoot a syringe at me, meaning he had the syringe gun out ready to fire.

Claims contractor baton is “maint loot” and not contraband which is just absurd and shows the poor understanding of the game from the administrator.

Looking at the screenshot shows you saw them with a contractor baton in maint. At the time of them doing nothing, it’s not enough to fire a killing amount of shots. If they had chased you prior, done any kind of aggressive action, sure. Done anything to show that they were hostile and not just looted a dead body or found random maint loot, sure.

I hope my appeal gets reopened, my points refuted instead of completely ignored, and ALL of the relevant logs will be posted instead of being withheld or omitted.

https://forums.beestation13.com/t/wilchen-banned-by-colonelsanders/15739/31

1 Like

At no point in Aeder’s analysis did he refer to contractor batons as “maint loot”. We all know what the contractor baton is, including Aeder.

As per the response to the appeal, there was no sign that you were being pursued or attacked. This voids both the security clause and use of lethal force in my mind. You’re not sec. Why were you even patrolling maint?

Administrators, including Aeder, often have real jobs which pay real money to keep the real landlord and real ISP happy.

If we were to look at the logs and coordinates again what would that change? Are you implying Aeder cherry picked the logs to remove context?

-_-

5 Likes

At no point in Aeder’s analysis did he refer to contractor batons as “maint loot”. We all know what the contractor baton is, including Aeder.

Here’s what he said.

not just looted a dead body or found random maint loot, sure.

If that’s not a claim that contractor’s baton can be a random maint loot then I don’t know what he meant here.

As per the response to the appeal, there was no sign that you were being pursued or attacked. This voids both the security clause and use of lethal force in my mind. You’re not sec. Why were you even patrolling maint?

Hey nice of you to assume things instead of letting me explain them.
I wasn’t patrolling maint, I just followed two guys that got kicked out of medbay for being suspicious or assaulting someone.
As for the “not being pursued or attacked” part, I explain it further down.

Administrators, including Aeder, often have real jobs which pay real money to keep the real landlord and real ISP happy.

I could dig the relevant logs up in 10-20 minutes.
Nice of you to ignore the second part though.

just to close the appeal and not let me refute my point using evidence like I requested.

I wouldn’t mind waiting longer if the appeal was properly done. The fact aeder is busy most of the time doesn’t matter to me, its not an excuse.

If we were to look at the logs and coordinates again what would that change?

I can prove I was being followed by the pair, analyzing initial position where the first exchange of words happened and comparing it to the place where shooting happened. Effectively proving I was within the rules to shoot defensively.

Are you implying Aeder cherry picked the logs to remove context?

If he did it maliciously or not, I don’t know him enough to say. All I can operate on is the fact I couldn’t properly defend myself in the appeal with the logs provided. Which of course wouldn’t be a problem since I could repeat my request or something if the appeal wasn’t closed immidiately.

-_-

What’s this supposed to represent?

1 Like

Aeder most likely meant that it could come from the random maint room with replicas of contraband items (i.e. fake spellblade, katana, and telecrystal). A fake contractor baton is not in the pool for these items, but you can’t expect anyone to have memorised all of the maint loot drops by heart.

Our logs are not public, we do not have to post any logs.

5 Likes

Just edited in the ban appeal link into the OP for ease of viewing for everyone.

2 Likes

It would be nice if you did when person banned has reasonable suspicion, and evidence, that admin might’ve omitted something.

Edit: As the only person doing said logs is the admin banning, noone double checks so it makes sense to post all relevant logs in the ban appeal, don’t you think?

1 Like

Hello! I am the banning admin, I can confirm that I got someone to double check as Wilchen is a good player from my interactions with them, and felt way more comfortable having a more experienced admin look through the logs to double check that I was right. - I usually do as I feel very uncomfortable with the possibility of making a mistake and ruining a players round for little reason.

2 Likes

Okay and I believe you. And after reading the original report it makes sense. (I would love if Aeder provided logs here so we can all agree on that, but given how admins work it won’t be possible).

“Looking at the screenshot shows you saw them with a contractor baton in maint. At the time of them doing nothing, it’s not enough to fire a killing amount of shots. If they had chased you prior, done any kind of aggressive action, sure.”
So as a head of everything, you see a contractor baton and you are completely clueless about it, is that right?
Edit: It’s really important cause it means captain can’t work/know shit about tots and I can freely snitch on them.

The problem is they had contraband, captain shot them with lethals for contraband, which would of been shitty to do even as sec.

1 Like

This plus why was the captain roaming maint, ignoring their/station objectives, and telling security to not arrest them as they wanted to gun them down themselves.

In any case that is all related to the ban.

This is a report on me for not posting all the logs for the round and not going through wilchen s points one by one to refute them all.

1 Like

“If they had chased you prior, done any kind of aggressive action, sure.”

Thats the point, I’m trying to prove I was being chased by them with ill intent.

Timestamps
[2021-11-24 15:05:01.434] me seeing contractor baton

No say logs with coordinates were provided to establish if I was chased or not despite my request.

[2021-11-24 15:05:43.232] them talking and plotting about how i’m going to shoot them and they should shoot first

[2021-11-24 15:06:04.070] ATTACK: Wilchen/(Sherrie Williams) has fired at [catwalk] with the laser from Central Port Maintenance (Central Port Maintenance (141, 175, 2))
[2021-11-24 15:06:04.552] ATTACK: Wilchen/(Sherrie Williams) has fired at [plating] with the laser from Central Port Maintenance (Central Port Maintenance (140, 175, 2))
[2021-11-24 15:06:05.142] ATTACK: Wilchen/(Sherrie Williams) has fired at [catwalk] with the laser from Central Port Maintenance (Central Port Maintenance (141, 175, 2))
[2021-11-24 15:06:08.794] ATTACK: Wilchen/(Sherrie Williams) has fired at [catwalk] with the laser from Central Port Maintenance (Central Port Maintenance (141, 175, 2))

No timestamps were provided for the other shots

[2021-11-24 15:06:10.604] SAY: UltraNumeron/(Drake Stall) (guardian) “YEP HE CAN BE SHOT” (Central Port Maintenance (137, 179, 2))
[2021-11-24 15:06:24.040] SAY: UltraNumeron/(Drake Stall) (guardian) “SHOOT THE COMDOM” (Central Port Maintenance (129, 178, 2))

Rest of the shots justified without question at this point

Without sufficient say logs with coordinates I cannot prove I was being chased.
This point was completely ignored by Aeder.

This plus why was the captain roaming maint

You’re not even reading my posts, I explained it 7 messages above this.

Anyone with access to maint can roam it, unless it’s bannable now.

Yeah whats the point you’re trying to make here?

ignoring their/station objectives,

Please link me to a rule/ruling that specifically says the captain must do the station objective.

and telling security to not arrest them

I never said “do not arrest them”, please stop lying about what I said and post relevant logs stating what I actually said instead.

wanted to gun them down themselves

Yes I admit to having fun having a gunnery duel and taunting the traitor all throught.

Again as in my previous post, you are discussing the ban and not the report you have made here. I have even flagged my own previous post for someone to look at as it’s mostly off topic.

Its pretty standard to close a ban appeal after it has been handeld, maby some more tact could have been used but I dont see something inherently wrong with the way this report was handeld. I will be closing this now since I dont feel like any action should be taken