Admins apparently can't be job banned

What about it is an awful system? It’s already used for players, but not admins. Why is it a terrible system for admins and a decent one for players? And yes, I agree, the transparency here is nice, but that is not an excuse for it to be enough transparency, more would be better in this specific instance.

its… not? When has the public ever swayed the opinion of a admin making when it comes to how admins behave?

I- I’m not calling for players to control how admin bans or punishments are handled. I’m calling for the same amount of public view. With Player bans you can see em at any time, make comments on the Players Reports or Ban Appeals, read the ban reason and what punishment was administered. With Admin Bans or strikes or whatever you want to call em, nothing, sometimes not even getting the “it’s being handled internally” bit.

The difference between how Player Bans and Admin Bans are visible and displayed here are the issue to me. How they are dealt with is a whole different topic which I am not speaking about or focusing on currently. Not trying to be rude but I have no clue how you got that interpretation from me, sorry for any confusion on that.

The fact that ANY ban is visible is a treat. Barely any other service does this. Also anything involving winter de-evolves into a petty fest of people making it a way bigger deal just because its winter.

And again. I specifically called for it to be removed. If I make a mistake of applying a false ban I should be able to set that straight

I understand that. Deleting the ban then is the best course of action, but the fact that usually punishments for admins are completely silent is just, bad. It is indeed a treat for us to view bans, but can’t we do more and make all bans or punishments given visible? So that everyone can see what happens and be at ease? And I think a thing that would help make the mob of the playerbase attack Winter less would be to… understand when they actually get punished for things?

Main issue is that admins have the full context with logs and such. Players don’t. Combined with personal bias and just a lack of experience in this field will only lead to making it impossibly annoying. Because it will always be “why did X get punished when y didn’t” even though situation was completely different or “X did not get nearly punsished enough do more” when it was actually quite tame/justified case because they dis-like the player

I don’t think so, since people will likely shout its never enough until she gets removed, even though they again lack the full context.

Currently with how everything is done, it gives Winter this feeling of being above the rules, which is a major contributor to how the community feels about them. I personally feel that it really would help, at least just for this case for the playerbase to understand what has or has not been done to em. Sure, some people will yell and scream that it was too much or too little, but there will also be a portion that is sated.

Maybe I’m completely wrong, but I just… I just don’t like how it currently works and I don’t like the sheer silence. The “It’s been dealt with” isn’t enough for me. I’d be in the portion that is fully sated once we know what has been administered to them, and I’d push no farther. Sure, others might, but I’d hope it’d be a minority.

I really just think that giving the playerbase info on what’s been done would be enough to ease it’s distrust/dislike of Winter. Maybe I’m being incredibly optimistic, but well, it’d be enough for me and I hope it’d be enough for others.

2 Likes

You are, unfortnatly.

They are not, and they are well aware of.

Again this is a way bigger deal compared to ANY other situation like this. only reason being its winter. I don’t feel like we should do everything differently all of a sudden just because its winter. In all my time as a admin I never had to put this much effort in “justifying” my decisions. Even though this definatly is not my most worst action as a admin.

Anyhow I got work to do(IRL). So I cant posting here.

Again, while Winter may internally not be above the rules. On the outside, to the playerbase, it feels like they are, as we never see any weight behind well, anything. Only admins get to see the weight behind the actions taken, players see nothing and thus to the players it is nothing.

Fair enough on all the other points, most importantly going to go do work. Have good day and all that, and take care.

Heads can ban 3 admins, normal admins can admin ban only 1 admin.

I wasted my ban on myself, banning myself from blood brother.

9 Likes

Apologies for the slight peanut post but EXTREMELY BASED fuck bbs.

Gain 1 point

you and i have different definitions of wasted

2 Likes

Don’t like it?

Make your own server.

You are our next Diogenes, Wilchen

99% of the people complaining about winter have not contributed to the server in any way

1 Like

Am i not correct? Wilchen is Diogenes of deranged forum posts

Just make your own server.

You literally cannot prove me wrong on this one.

Nobody is very optimistic here in general.

but Diogenes was funny and was known for witty insults

4 Likes