Your Discord: Irrelevent

Offender’s CKEY: Ticomanel

LRP or MRP server: LRP

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): Uneeded

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):

Round Number:

Rules Broken (if relevant): Irrelevant

Part of Admin Conduct Broken (if relevant): Extreme adminbus on an antagonist

Incident Description: The round was about 44 minutes in, Captain spot taken, HoS spot taken, 2 security officers. Might as well go assistant for old times sake…

OH SHIT, here I go killing again. I only get to rob armory before shuttle is called and Centcom proclaims anyone who recalls is liable to be gibbed

I have done none of my objectives. I had to recall. After I recalled I let him know I had to

If I would’ve known he was shitty enough to ACTUALLY gib me, I would’ve written more serious and well-constructed messages.
He then teleported me from chemistry to AI’s upload to gib me

He claimed I had shuttle ping-ponged when I had clearly just arrived and I had told him I just arrived

He then changes the reasoning to he had warned us

I then messaged him again telling him this, after this he ignored me completely

If you looked at my objective list you could easily see I had changeling objectives that would’ve taken longer than 10 minutes

Additional Information:

4 Likes

seems a bit much bruh. Isn’t the ping pong rule more in place because of epic ling endless murderbone and not to get objectives?

2 Likes

No it’s not. Round has already been ongoing for a while and shuttle was being ping-ponged for no reason. Jack joined in as an antag with unfortunate timing, but Jack still ignored the warning sent out and opted to disobey it. You are not more compelled to complete your objectives than you are compelled to follow admin directions, especially when they’re acting as a ruling. By choosing to act first rather than asking first, you brought that on yourself.

Gibbing or otherwise smiting is always how we’ve dealt with this issue in the past, and the combination of warning being sent, disregarding the warning to act first and ask second means there was no violation here.

@ticomanel even asked verification in admin channel before doing so.

The round wasn’t even an hour long. This isn’t his fault that some random assistant with AA wanted to reroll antag earlier in the round and called the shuttle a few times. He had his objectives and was a late joiner.
Ticomanel on the other hand could resolve it IC (by sending ERT or destroying comm consoles).
Also the rulling says that the shift should be going for “an extended period of time”. 44 minutes isn’t even that long.
Give this man an antag token.

I mean, I was late join, but when I joined it was 50 or so mins in.

Generally in the past it had to do with hour+ rounds/epic murderbone shit. I didn’t see what happened before I joined ofcourse but from my perspective it was a bit of a weird flex bro moment.

Give this man an antag token.

Had he simply been gibbed because of the ping-pong happening before they arrived, yeah this would be called for, but what happened was acting directly against the announcement warning of the punishment.

Also full conversation for context:

[2020-06-20 19:37:39.457] ADMIN: Ticomanel/(Vassili The Soviet Admiral) has created a command report: Next one to recall gets gibbed
[2020-06-20 19:38:24.004] GAME: JackTheLing/(Rebel Trouble) has recalled the shuttle.

Long pause while Tico asked if it was okay to act on his warning

[2020-06-20 19:40:14.977] PRAY: JackTheLing/(Rebel Trouble): nerd I was an antag, I had to recall it
[2020-06-20 19:41:27.009] ADMIN: SubtlePM: ticomanel/(Big Boss) → JackTheLing/(Rebel Trouble) : Antags still can be punished for shuttle ping-a-pong
[2020-06-20 19:41:39.591] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #4: JackTheLing/(Rebel Trouble): mate I was a changeling who had done none of my objectives I had to recall, it was my first time recalling
[2020-06-20 19:42:13.149] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ticomanel/(Big Boss)->JackTheLing/(Rebel Trouble): I still gave the warning man Constantly calling and recalling the shuttle or lowering the alert level so it takes longer to arrive, whether as an antagonist that “still needs to finish his objectives”
[2020-06-20 19:42:47.788] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JackTheLing/(Rebel Trouble)->Ticomanel/(Big Boss): You cannot just gib me for attempting to complete my objectives, especially when I am a midround antagonist and when its my first time recalling bullshit

Jack may or may not have known at this point, but it was more than just a random assistant calling the shuttle. There was no other opposition to leaving by this point that was stated over comms.

But opposition over comms never had to do with ping pong though. Random people calling and nobody saying no on comms doesn’t mean shit.

This really goes against the spirit of why the rule was made. Which was literally ling epic murderbone keep recalling to just wipe out the station. With all due respect but when you say

I’d like to say is false. I’ve played on here a bit longer than you, that’s not some personal call-out, and I was here when the rule started. Ping pong rule was for the reasons stated above.

Gibbing antags for recalling to simply complete their objectives seems a big no-no honestly. It’s poor admin conduct. If rebel would’ve been murderboning regardless it’d be different. But just send an ERT bruh.

Shitter tier admin behaviour imo.

1 Like

All my 2 cents are gon be about:

• That rule was made MOSTLY to prevent lings from literally trying to do a vibecheck on every crewmember and other cases where someone decided that it’d be funny to make a 2x2 room in space in order to recall shuttle every 5 seconds. Or cunts with whiteship.

• 40 mins aint too long. 1 hour is already good if people REALLY want MuH AnTaG roll. But 40 mins aint nothing anywhere. Not here, not MRP, not even hippie.

Also it could have been handled ICly or with IC admin intervention, that’s all I really got to say.

4 Likes

Also would like comments from @SuperDork55 @Lagomorphica on this matter, if this is now appearantly what the rule expands into. The auto topic lock as well doesn’t seem cool since it hasn’t been actually resolved.

But opposition over comms never had to do with ping pong though. Random people calling and nobody saying no on comms doesn’t mean shit.

You’re partially correct. We use the feel of the round to determine which side of the ping pong to take, though. Round on LRP has progressed near where they normally end by that point, and the round had been going for 56 minutes at the point Jack recalled.

The feel of the round was players wanted it to end, so admin notice took the side of the players wanting it to end.

This really goes against the spirit of why the rule was made. Which was literally ling epic murderbone keep recalling to just wipe out the station. With all due respect but when you say

We might have different ideas on the spirit then, being from different primary servers. The spirit of it on MRP is because people want the round to keep going for the sake of it. That’s also precisely how the ruling is worded, not with regard to murderbone or otherwise.

I’d like to say is false. I’ve played on here a bit longer than you, that’s not some personal call-out, and I was here when the rule started. Ping pong rule was for the reasons stated above.

You definitely have played, but I’ve been here longer than this rule has existed as well, I was ecstatic when it was added so we could stop being held captive by players building a comms console on their personal autism project until it was complete.

40 mins aint too long. 1 hour is already good if people REALLY want MuH AnTaG roll. But 40 mins aint nothing anywhere. Not here, not MRP, not even hippie.

Hadn’t addressed this directly yet, but as stated above in this post - the round was at 56 minutes when Jack recalled. The round was 44 minutes in when Jack connected, not when he recalled.

The #1 reason I closed this as not being an admin report so quickly, and without other input, is because of my understanding of the ruling, the fact Tico asked for admin opinions before doing it and got full clearance.

This is not worth an admin report when trial admin gets clearance from Normal, Senior and Head admin to act based on a ruling and they sought it out. This is worth a council discussion if there’s a disagreement on how the ruling was interpreted and the ruling needs to be re-adjusted if you feel this situation isn’t covered by it.

1 Like

But this rule literally was created because of murderbone ling behaviour on LRP, the anouncement on discord at the time even said @lings bruh. It has generally not been handled in this spirit before.

Bruh, you’ve been here longer by a very small margin lmao, and generally it takes a while before those rules actually get added on the actual page as well. And before that ling ping pong epic murderbone already was a bit of a nono and punished to a degree.

If the person is just doing their objective and it’s literally just 40-50 minutes, it’s a bit pathetic to gib. Just handle it IC with ERT/CC inspector etc. The direction bee is going into is a bit sad.

2 Likes

Did he even get the input from the players? To see if they wanted to call the shuttle?

The ruling passed more than a month after I joined. The council rulings post was created when the forums were migrated, and it’s been updated constantly with new additions, such as this.

If the person is just doing their objective and it’s literally just 40-50 minutes, it’s a bit pathetic to gib. Just handle it IC with ERT/CC inspector etc.

I’m not denying it couldn’t have been handled better, nor am I denying the spirit of the rule when it was introduced. I only know what the rule meant to me and the server I mained when it was passed - and what it meant there had nothing to do with murderbone, nor was murderbone directly mentioned at any point regarding the ruling… but it does specifically mention holding the round hostage to complete objectives.

In my experience the average round on LRP (at least when there’s enough people) doesn’t take much more than an hour, and the recall that resulted in a gib happened at 56 minutes, meaning round would have ended at about 70 minutes.

The admin report is denied because no action is going to be taken against Ticomanel for this situation. He, as an admin, did nothing wrong. I’m not trying to discount the possibility that there is a problem with the ruling, especially if many players believe this action goes against the spirit of it, and it’s being discussed right now in council chat. There is definitely a problem if admins interpret a ruling completely against its intended usage, but that problem is not going to be a strike/note against Tico because he asked and other admins agreed.

Do I at the very least get an antag token? It really was a little harsh since it was the fault of another player and I barely did anything

No because you acted directly against the CC warning with clearly defined consequence. You didn’t try to explain beforehand, you just did it and then tried to explain after he followed through on his warning.

remember when the word “constantly” ment doing it literally a single fucking time because you were a latejoin antag and you had objectives that would take awhile? yeah me too 4head

he didn’t shuttle ping pong, it doesn’t matter if other people recalled the shuttle, he didn’t ping pong, he didn’t break any rules. “but!!! he asked!” he probably just said “can i gib people shuttle ping ponging please”, not “can i gib literally anyone who touches the console despite them being an antag”

but guys he made an announcement!!! yeah ok, so if an admin makes an announcement it’s okay to adminbus because “you were warned”

but no, im just a rule lawyer, it’s all just semantics, the admins can never be wrong, it’s always been interpreted this way, the spirit of the law was actually this, yeah whatever dude i don’t care. its great when people in power refuse to compromise at all, you look really tough. god your dick is huge you really kicked that guy for that damn dude now i know not to mess with you1111

everytime i hear the phrase “the ruling is actually interpreted THIS way” i want to bash my fucking brains in. it’s like they just care about adminbussing and not how much fun the players are having, that they go and twist the fucking rules to kick and ban and gib people who make the slightest mistake. it’s been happening so much lately bruh and i dont understand why, god i fucking love this server

tfw no evil incarnate

7 Likes

So my antag round gets to be ruined because an admin wanted to leave so badly. Sucks

1 Like

The rabbit hole goes a tiiiny bit deeper.

Midround/latejoin antags cant get antag tokens if shit happens, usually ends with a aheal if possible, or MAYBE a respawn.

But antag tokens? Rarely, if ever.

Good to mention that ticomanuel was doing bruh shit earlier rounds like defend a shitter captain who was basically murderboning and delay the round for up to 15 minutes so he can deal with my ahelp, which is not really worth ahelping in the first place.

1 Like