Offender’s CKEY:
ImSynthex

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):
4-12-2022

Round Number:

Rules Broken (if relevant):
Admin did not specify.

Incident Description:

Gonna be a long one here, we’ll start with the round from my perspective.

Round starts, I’m the warden. Everything goes pretty smoothly until changelings are confirmed and they start wreaking havock, the chefs are attacking officers, its just absolute chaos. One of the changlings, with an IC name starting with “jim” pretty immediately turns himself into sec for whatever reason. With no real reason to execute him or brig him (no crimes committed) we release him with a tracking implant at HOS’s suggestion. The tracking implant locator (And therefore, responsibility for keeping track of the guy) was in HOS’s possession. The ling released (jim) goes about releasing teratomas and apparently telling them to be helpful (???).
At several points jim ends up back at brig and I do defer to the HOS multiple times. At one particular juncture I had jim in cuffs and ask the HOS directly on what I should do with him. His response, not perfectly quoted, was basically “do whatever i’ve got other shit to deal with”. He’s released again. Later on, one of the teratomas ends up in security wearing a full janitor getup and starts silently cleaning. HOS was aware of this and indifferent about it. Not much later, a changeling (not jim) attacks us right in the brig and jim’s teratoma pretty much saved the HOS and helps us beat the ling back. A bit later on those chefs (who were attacking officers earlier) come to brig with jim in a neckhold asking me to deal with him, accusing him of murder. One of them was set to arrest and in either case I had no reason to trust them. Jim gets away from them and just runs off.

Then the admin in question (ImSynthex) bwoinks me. See attached screenshots for the conversation.
Could not retrieve all of the ahelp logs but this is the jist of it.

https:/ /img ur. co m/a/IApRt0g

(remove the spaces)

So, to summarize the above pictures incase the super faint grey color is tiring on the eyes, ImSynthex admitted that the HOS’s reactions were “suboptimal”. I press that I had deferred to the HOS repeatably, because even I was unsure during the round and deferred to chain of command. Despite this, I was given a permanent note that will negatively influence all future admin activity on me, even though I did my level best to maintain RP and defer to my higher up at various opportunities.

His final response, seen in one of the screenshots from the imgur link, was basically that he didn’t have time to investigate the situation fully and put out a proper punishment (which frankly, should have been a verbal warning at best to the HoS). This is absolutely asinine, admins have the ability to freeze the round end and investigate their tickets fully and I’ve seen them do it plenty.

I get being tired and frustrated with a tricky admin ticket, believe me, I was an admin on another ss13 server myself for hundreds of hours. But just giving up and saying “Well you know what this guy was involved fuck it” and levying the punishment on someone who didn’t deserve it is a failure of proper admin behavior.

Additional Information:

I don’t think any demotions should take place here. Like I said above, I get being tired and frustrated from confusing and hard to detangle situations that arise in a ticket. But this kind of behavior from a RP server’s admin (Again, to reiterate, the behavior being just giving up and closing the ticket because they don’t care enough to do a thorough job of it) isn’t really what should be representing the server.

The note from my account had aught to be reassessed or moved to a verbal warning, especially if the admin himself admitted that he just didn’t want to put in the full work to investigate the situation.

As a final side note, admin himself declined to post the full logs from the ticket in here himself. It’d be much obliged if someone could fish up the full logs. My screenshots are about 2/3rds of it I believe.

I don’t remember the HOS’s ingame name. It was a green lizard, i’m sure ImSynthex would be able to supply that information when he replies.

1 Like

Kero is posting purely for easier images

42HXq42_d
rgOl7F0_d

1 Like

Thank you sir, it wasn’t letting me post the link normally

I’ll be honest with you, I undelayed the round end, then redelayed it, the system just so happened to bug out and restart the round anyway, I told you to write a player report on the HoS because I was not going to be handling what was practically a player report in the next round over from the incident, I summed this up by telling you I didn’t have enough time.

I’ll be honest with you, I undelayed the round end, then redelayed it, the system just so happened to bug out and restart the round anyway, I told you to write a player report on the HoS because I was not going to be handling what was practically a player report in the next round over from the incident, I summed this up by telling you I didn’t have enough time.

So you made a personal error and then put the responsibility of clearing up my notes and the situation in general on a player?

No, I stand by the fact that you should have been noted as what you did was against the rules, I also would not call the game bugging out a personal error, I also don’t consider taking 5 minutes to write a player report the same as dumping all the responsibility of dealing with a situation on you.

Kero believes this “Jim” changeling deserves punishment for breaking antagonist conduct moreso than even the HoS.

Kero wonders which rules specifically, assuming they are following orders from their commanding officer (which is a rule Kero is more familiar with than not playing nice with cooperative antags). Kero notes the changeling was implanted.

Kero stresses that this is assuming the reporting player is telling the truth.

1 Like

No, I stand by the fact that you should have been noted as what you did was against the rules, I also would not call the game bugging out a personal error, I also don’t consider taking 5 minutes to write a player report the same as dumping all the responsibility of dealing with a situation on you.

I’ve already made my point as to how what I did was justified as far as I possibly could from an IC perspective. Additionally, placing the note on me rather than dealing with the actual situation as per your “job” (using that term lightly, I get that you don’t get payed here) and then just handwaving it off “go to the forums and fix it yourself lmao” is pretty sloppy. But here I am, per your request to take it to the fourms.

The changeling was already dealt with in the round

Then it seems we’ve both made our points and should wait for a head admin to deal with this

Could someone for future reference please explain what rule was actually broken here? How did the warden break a rule for…following the rules as written?

1 Like

Synthex, if that was literally all you had to contribute to the discussion after you directed me here to untangle the situation, “Lets get a head to deal with it”, couldn’t you have just dmed a head on discord after the round was over and saved us both a ton of headache? I’ve spent a good amount of time here writing out my case as logically as I can to hopefully change the outcome here and your willingness to discuss literally any of it has been bone minimum.

1 Like
  1. Do not self antag
    Willfully assisting known antagonists is self-antag. Your loyalty is to Nanotrasen, your co-workers, and the station. There are no friendly antagonists.

Assisting implies that I was helping him go around and kill or kidnap people, or actively breaking him out of jail, or giving him guns. More like he was self-deantagging by helping security and giving us minions. That rule really doesn’t apply here.

My original point still stands. If you’re going to enforce that rule you need to go back and put a note on literally every single security officer that saw jim in the brig.

Selectively quoting a rule to justify your action only works if you actually enforced the rule on EVERYONE applicable. Which you did not, because you, quote, ran out of time.

It’s really interesting that the rule you chose to quote actually indicates that you purposefully took no action on about 6 different people.

2 Likes

Hey Cook here from the same round.
I’d like to point out that while you say there was no reasons to trust me saying that changeling was dangerous, he had the flesh armor and armblade on. Also, the lawyer, a third party, confirmed what I said directly in front of you and on PDA with a picture.

Irrelevant. Jim had been walking around with the armor and an armblade on in the middle of brig multiple times doing jack nothing. Synthex should have bwoinked every last security officer playing that round if this is the point he’s arguing.

1 Like

OP was following orders though? If you need to break a rule to follow a rule then there is something obviously wrong with the rules. They shouldnt conflict.

We should rly wait for a Headmin ruling because this could have big ramifications for the rules.

Kero was worried this was the rule when he asked. Kero has many follow-up questions @imsynthex:

What is the correct way to utilize tracking and chemical implants if not as a safety system for the release of potentially dangerous criminals? Should they not be used because the release of dangerous criminals is always against the rules?

What is the correct course of action when you disagree with HoS orders as Warden? Kero believes you may be banned or noted for insubordination of command as security.

What do you do after making an ahelp in one of the above situations? Should Kero sit and wait for a response before taking action? It seems action in either direction is a violation of one rule or another.

Kero asks each of these because of the precedents your firm stance is presenting. Kero does understand changelings are among the most dangerous of antagonists, but when met with a friendly changeling IC, Kero would have a hard time justifying immediately killing them and believes doing so sets a very valid-thirsty frame.

5 Likes

Tracking and chemical implants are mainly meant for traitors, who’s gear you can take away to make them less dangerous, I also would not have taken particularly much issue with it if the warden wasnt seemingly acting off their own accord (i’ll get into that towards the end of the post)

The hos outranks you, don’t go against what they say just because you disagree, you are free to talk to the captain if you think the HoS should be demoted though

When you’ve ahelped, you should leave the subject that you ahelped about be, if you fear you might do something wrong you can do any other security duties that come up

Now, why do I think the warden and hos didn’t get along, well…

SAY: GoreDem/(Sar-Lurz) “arrest Jim” (Central Primary Hallway (170, 123, 2))

SAY: GoreDem/(Sar-Lurz) “warden im this close to firing you” (Brig (200, 126, 2))

You are free to player report the hos and I encourage you to do so if you think they did something wrong, but I don’t think shifting blame is the right thing to do

2 Likes

lol

I assumed the warden wasn’t very good at their job due to the lack of context I had regarding Jim. I didn’t know at the start of the round they gave themselves up and only learnt later when Jim was caught in brig again, after which both me and the warden let them go due to being fairly lazy.

As with the warden currently their story seems understandable from what I understood while reading this complaint. I didn’t hate them fully as I gave them the benefit of the doubt hoping they’d redeem themselves later.

Security was a mess that round as well as the lack of communication they had was less than ideal. But I’d rather not blame even the obviously incompetent. I could’ve stepped up more and made sure I knew what the deal with the cooks, Jim and teratomas were. Also as the round was chaotic and stressful for quite a lot of people I can understand some lapses in judgement as well.

Now I’ll ask what did I exactly do what seemed wrong?

Giving out gear to teratomas for the purpose of being security is bad, but from what I could tell it was only the warden doing that

3 Likes