Add Perma No Hands Assistant Ban Role

Sorry lad, but have you considered that the negativity comes from the idea not being a great one?
You did confirm the stated goal would be to encourage roleplay. Bottom line - nothing anyone can do can force people to roleplay. Which is why Sage is actually LRP, and Golden is NoRP.

Sorry Bud , but do you not think suggestions should be for ya know SUGGESTING instead of the bottom line being. OH THIS WOULD NEVER WORK BECAUSE BEE MRP PLAYERS ARE PIECES OF SHIT WHO CANT ROLEPLAY AND THERES NO WAY AROUND MAKING IT LESS SHITTY AND YOUR IDEA FUCKING SUCKS AND YOU SHOULD JUST STOP. Like just keep shitting on the post guys its clear a bunch of you gave little to no thought and just dropped a reddit comment that just shits on the whole purpose of it.

You even shitted on the post while giving constructive criticism.

But really the only comment that has made sense other than people actually giving pros and cons

If my original no hands suggestion isn’t good enough for you guys Im all ears to hear an ALTERNATIVE not just “Nah Bee players cannot be trusted lol guess we are just gonna have to perma everyone at some point”

I think it’s a decent idea that has some potential and it’s definitely better then bringing in cat and. The problem I see with it is if you’re a real shitter then you’ll always find a way to maliciously interact with your surroundings. The only way to stop that would be not letting them have arms or legs or speak IC or OOC and at that point its little better then a perma ban anyway. That being said I’m sure there is a creative solution that could use a similar idea and actually work but it remains to be seen if it’s found - let alone implemented

1 Like

If you’re going to post a suggestion, you should be prepared to have people tell you it’s shit, and not take it personally. I don’t think that this idea would have practical application - it wouldn’t encourage no-RP players to RP. What it would do is make people log off for the duration of the ban, making it functionally identical to a temp-ban. The only way RP is going to be increased is for admins to start actively enforcing the RAW, instead of waiting for a deluge of ahelps. RP enforcement is a critically low priority, especially if there are other things going on in a round. I’ve brought that subject up several times, to zero effect.
Why would anyone play a round that they can’t effectively interact with, and not just play another server for a bit?
If you’re really interested in seeing more RP, make a General thread for brainstorming. I’m judging your idea of a handless assistant by its own merit, not the thrust of the motivation behind it.

2 Likes

All ghost roles would get taken by metagrudgers

2 Likes

Ghost ban roles too. Just pAI or ghost.

Ah, I 20CHAR20CHAR20CHAR see

you called most of the bee playerbase “pieces of shit”. and now you deserve your suggestion to be shat all over.

You underestimate our powers

He stopped replying to my posts, btfo :^)
But, seriously. I hate to discourage people from making suggestions. Good ideas are often generated by throwing things at the wall, and seeing what sticks. OP was definitely able to identify an issue - lack of RP enforcement - but then followed that by making a suggestion of questionable merit, and for a victory lap - had an all-caps meltdown, complete with a “merely pretending” post.
Dude, just make a General thread for brainstorming ways to get RP back in the game. I’d love to work out some carrots and sticks. Let this one go.

Pros:

• Still allows permabanned people to shit around and participate
  • Robust players who get banned for powergaming still have an opportunity to teach the lesser folk their ways instead of that knowledge being gone forever
  • New targets to bully to take some heat off the clown

Cons

• They still can get into some trouble without hands. A lot of things can be interacted with hands-free. Will not list them for safety reasons
  • Probably too unorthodox to ever actually be put into the game

Few security measures would need to be in place but they’ve already been mentioned, like pacification and a special no-arms race. Could be solved with an arms version of the paraplegic quirk, probably not difficult to implement

Why is it your the only person who brings sunshine to my posts

:^)

Let me get all my thoughts about this in one place.

If someone did something to actually warranted this, they’d likely deserve of a temp-ban anyway.

it’s also pretty naive to think that people can’t griff with no hands, and that this would make no-rp-griff players more inclined to RP.

I don’t think that this idea would have practical application - it wouldn’t encourage no-RP players to RP. What it would do is make people log off for the duration of the ban, making it functionally identical to a temp-ban.

Bonus points, I misspoke with this:

This only serves to take up an Assistant slot, and include a player that physically cannot interact with the round in a positive way

What I meant was:

This only serves to take up a server slot, wasting it on a player that cannot physically interact with the round

Pretty much the same objection I have to that ridiculous “let permanently banned players onto the server in the Perma Brig” idea.

You are absolutely correct, I was initially dismissive of this idea, and didn’t give it the thorough breakdown that all suggestions deserve. Let’s do that. I apologize for ruffling your feathers, just poking a bit of fun - which one shouldn’t do about things that others actively care about.

Okay so the only way to come out of a perma ban is to get a vouch from a server.

Correct. A permanent bans means - “You’ve acted so poorly, and impacted the experiences of those on the servers so negatively that we do not want you around ever again”. A vouch serves as a zero-risk way to allow people to show that they’ve well and truly changed. Examine the ban page, and look at the permanent bans. The vast bulk Age 0 griffons, and ban evaders. Examine the ban appeals forum. The vast bulk of those who show genuine intent in wanting to play generally are allowed back on, even after multiple perma-offenses.

How ever some peoples reasons for being perma’d are not as bad as others and I believe instead of immediately condemning and demonizing players.

See the above. Yes, some perma-bans are for varying degrees of awful, but they’re all applied because the person did something explicitly against the rules that significantly and negatively impacted either a single, or multiple rounds. Perma-bans are not a slap on the wrist. Genuine intent will get your appeal approved.

I would like to suggest that we enter a new form of punishment that is Cruel but fair. Add a role that can only be toggled by admins on a player like a reverse job ban. Make them assistants with no hands and basically pacify them.

Nothing really to say here. Yes, that’s mechanically how your suggestion works.

Pros

• Keeps around players instead of making it another servers problem

Server slots. We have a finite amount of them. Why would we want to waste them on players who were explicitly, permanently intended to be removed from the server? Vouchers allow players to prove that they’ve truly changed, but are very infrequently needed or utilized, because appeals are generally accepted - save for repeated egregious offenders. The tl;dr is that you’d have us waste slots to provide perma’d players with a sort of pseudo voucher, which doesn’t even serve its purpose as a voucher - because one can’t accurately gauge the behavior of a player when that behavior is physically limited.

• Players who have been around for awhile and have knowledge can still assist new players

Again, I’d suggest reviewing the ban page. Do the vast majority of those players seem like they’d have an interest in assisting new players?

• They can no longer grief without hands

Less effectively, sure. They can still grief. You even point out a couple ways that they could still grief in the OP.

• A valid punishment while also retaining players

Why would we want to retain bad players?

• Makes them learn a valid lesson while FORCING role play

No, it doesn’t. See the above. People with no interest in roleplaying cannot be forced to roleplay. It’s far more likely they’d just play somewhere else for the duration of the ban if it’s temporary, or evade the ban/griff somewhere else if it’s permanent.

Cons

• Basically makes them a bambi

Is that not the point of your suggestion?

• Assistants will most likely make every other job a minority

So, on some level you realize that this would mean taking up a large number of server slots, and that it would not a good thing. I’m very confused.

• Keeps around shitty people who can still minge in ooc/text

Yes, it does. One of the ways that people could still griff.

• If this gets passed could be a lot of blanket situations that happen involving past bans if admins cherry pick certain appeals

I have only a vague idea of what you mean by this. I’d ask you to elaborate, but after this dissection, I don’t think I’ll be posting ITT again. I guess you could lay it out for others.

• You can still ERP with no hands

Yes, this is one reason why permanently banned players, by definition, are not allowed on the server.

There. I hope that helps. I do apologize again for being dismissive without a thorough examination. Now that I’ve given you one, I can be - and am - as dismissive as I’d like to be.

1 Like