Acronad Mentor Application

I considered adding this in on my answer (or in my case i was going to suggest draining a monkey and using them as a middle man) but i backtracked on myself and told myself answering the question in its raw would be better

1 Like

if you donā€™t know about it, simply dont answer it, this mhelp would also require you to be either playing engineer or be ghosting

I am referring to the plant known as rainbow flower, accessible via cargo only

good

closed shutters donā€™t prevent cargo shuttle from leaving and same answer from 1.

good enough but you should specify that the expectation is a bit higher than most other popular MRP server

leaving with a Ā±0, if you do not get accepted I recommended playing around 10 hours of each department

Im assuming that this is because the question was more focused on asking if their set up was okay, os that correct?

What could have been preventing it in this case?

yep

from what I know the cargo shuttle cannot move if it has:
any living thing including corpses
any teleportation item
the nuke disk or the nuke

also cannot have mail on it

good enough but you should specify that the expectation is a bit higher than most other popular MRP server

This one is a thing you should tell them to ahelp instead in this instance, I believe. Mentors should not answer rule/server-y questions.

2 Likes

Bah youre right, thatā€™s the second time ive done that now, gotta develop the habit of passing off ruling questions

Just started playing cargo and can now confirm this + mail cannot be on the shuttle or it will not go anywhere

You are asked the following 3 questions in the context of a mentorhelp, how do you respond to them if at all?
Assume no other mentors are on at the time.

1. The reinforced plasmaglass containing my fusion setup randomly broke when the mix caught fire. Iā€™ve seen people use this same glass to contain fusion before, why didnā€™t it work for me?

1. Hello. Iā€™m playing with a friend over discord to teach them how to play the game, is this allowed?

1. Whatā€™s the thing that makes mobs larger and gain the ability to destroy walls?

I have decided that there is no better way to find out how little you know than to make a mentor application haha.

1. I apologize but i am not very familiar with the engineering department, i believe that if it were a directional window then it cannot be on the same tile as the fire but otherwise i am not sure.

(I know you said noone else is on but here i would check with the mentor channel on discord to see if anyone is there and just not on the game)

1. You will need to ahelp this and clear it with an admin first! It is likely that they will allow it so long as you can avoid sharing round information!

(I feel called out for this one haha, learning the hard way lol)

1. I am not entirely certain, however i believe that this is likely related to a gland from xenobiology! A good place to start might be reading over the xenobio wiki and/or asking anyone in the science department if they are familiar and could teach you!

(Here again i would check discord first to see if anyone can help, and if not then i would gice my reply)

Correct.

Correct.

Yeah thatā€™s why I asked that. If Iā€™m being honest that was the only question I cared about you getting right.
Glad to see that youā€™ve learned.

Correct. That was referring to the wumborian fugu gland (I think thatā€™s spelled right?) that you can get from gibbing/butchering one of the gold extract mobs.

I was initially going to go with a -1 due to your playtime being somewhat on the lower end and your job playtime being very ā€˜focusedā€™, for lack of a better word. Also the amount of questions youā€™re unfamiliar with.

However youā€™ve also answered some decently difficult questions correctly, including ones that are outside the scope of your played roles. As such Iā€™m going with a +0 instead.

I agree with bluezorua, having 10 or so hours in each department would make me a lot more confident in supporting this.

T:+2 (Impish resigned recently)

Thank you, I am working on getting into different departments lately (so far just cargo, science is probably next unless I can find someone to hold my hand in engineering for a while, haha)

My knowledge outside of my departments is random and spotty, I have some weird knowledge of random things

Oh. Silly me. I was unaware resignations changed the score after the fact. Good to know.

Anyways, while I dislike the concentrate hours, you answered the questions competently thus far.

I will give a +0.5

While my hours are still heavily concentrated (gonna take a while, i really love viro haha) i am branching out and learning new departments now, slowly but surely (curse you enginerring and your weird dizzy crystal)

(Also not to be nitpicky, and at the risk of +0ing or -1ing myself, arent mentors allowed a +1/-1, can you give a half?)

1 Like

Iā€™ll look at this soonā„¢

+0.5/-0.5 votes are valid. Votes are more or less a way to gauge the general opinion towards an application if anything (votes arenā€™t binding, apps with a positive score can be denied and vice versa). So voting +0.5 is like saying that you support the application, but for one reason or another you arenā€™t supporting it completely. If that makes sense at all.

Makes total sense, thanks for the clarification

i would give them a chance so have a +1 from me

T:3.5

Shut up forums shut up yes itā€™s a full sentence

Playtime is much better than before, activity is pretty nice. Unsure what your actual role playtime looks like now, but youā€™ll probably do fine anyway. Accepting at +3.5