Absolucy banned by wilsonph

CKEY: Absolucy
Admin’s CKEY: wilsonph
Ban Type: Server
Ban Length: 1 day
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2023/02/24
Round ID: 42873
Ban Reason: Exessive [sic] LRP behaviour, would not stop saying ‘morphillion dollars’ as a morph during round 42877.
Appeal Reason: Honestly, a ban feels a bit excessive, especially when context is applied.
I’m not the best at explaining things, so I’ll just kinda infodump into a list, and I hope you understand what I mean.

1. The original reason I decided to do the whole “morphillion” thing is that some guy in dchat was joking about saying it and getting banned for it. I thought the “getting banned for it” part was a joke too, because from my (admittedly naive) perspective, it seemed like harmless fun that was nowhere near ban-worthy.
  2. Morphs are intended to be mischievous. Making jokes, puns, and taunts while you raise mischief is like, mischief 101. It’s a monster that eats and transforms into anything, not a bureaucrat!
  3. The joke “Morphillion” is not entirely reliant on Morbius - it would be perfectly possible for someone to combine “Morph” and “million” themselves.
  4. I wasn’t just saying morphillion, I was doing a little gimmick where I’d tell people they’d won a morphillion dollars, then spit out a single coin at them (with the punchline being that “1 morphillion” was not worth much money at all)
  5. I was doing normal morph stuff outside of that, too.

What I’m trying to say is, like, I don’t really understand why a ban, even if it is a short one, was applied over an incident which was:

1. First-time (at least for this specific rule, as far as I know)
  2. Minor (didn’t actually cause any negative effects to the round or any players, unless you’re allergic to bad puns I guess)
  3. Silly (it was, above all else, intended to simply be a joke, to make people laugh, because quite honestly, I needed laughs today)

I believe a direct warning (getting told to not do that again by an admin) + note would have sufficed and gotten the point across with equal effectiveness and less stress, as well, now I know not to do that again.

Additional Information:

7 Likes

Just wanna say I had fun playing with Shion this round and if the ban sticks I’ll Morphillion next time I’m blessed with morph transformation, and I encourage all Morphs to do the same.

Whats an audit anyways!??!

3 Likes

Sucky sucky ban indeed.
Morphs are supposed to be a more primal existence and shouldn’t deviate too much both RP and mecanic wise of their goal to CONSUME!
Perhaps you deviated a bit too much from the spirit of morphs, also you weren’t “serious enough” maybe. MRP is supposed to allow us to do silly things as long as we are properly roleplaying it but perhaps i am mistaken on that.
Still a bit overboard in my opinion, a slap on the wrist and a note should have been enough.

But let’s not forget that our admemes are overworked and tired and their jugements might slip sometimes. Much love to our poor Wilson.

3 Likes

We’re not a MPR server, dropped that label a while ago, we’re just an RP server.

Yeah, spouting memes and then spitting stuff at people kinda goes against their goal of eating.

And you too will be slapped for LRP.

Still a recent internet meme.

SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "TIME TO GET ONE MORPHILLION DOLLARS" (Port Bow Maintenance (83, 172, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN ONE MORPHILLION DOLARS?" (Armory (109, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "OM NOM NOM" (Armory (108, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "I WILL BE SELLING THESE" (Armory (108, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "FOR ONE MORPHILLION DOLLARS" (Armory (108, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "IT'S FUNNY" (Armory (108, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "GIVE ME ONE MORPHILLION DOLLARS AND I WILL" (Armory (107, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "ONE MORPHILLION! NO LESS!" (Armory (107, 181, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "hELLO!" (Bar (133, 127, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "Would you like to win one morphillion dollars?" (Bar (133, 127, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "ONE MORPHILLION!" (Bar (133, 127, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "HI" (Library (83, 122, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "YOU'VE WON ONE MORPHILLION DOLLARS!" (Library (83, 122, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "THERE YOU GO!" (Library (83, 122, 2))
SAY: Absolucy/(morph) "ONE MORPHILLION DOLLARS!" (Library (83, 122, 2))

It was a ban and not a note due to the excessive nature of your quotes plus it being handled outside of the round.
But, seeing how you went through the effort of making an appeal and understand what you did wrong, I will be lifting the ban and reducing this to a note.

1 Like

There we go, unbanned, ban/note edited.

2 Likes