A simple, no-nonsense solution to Murderboning on LRP that will please everyone and doesn't involve removing it entirely

Simply put, at different percentages of crew left alive, have it automatically respond based on how many people are left, starting with alerting the crew, and ending with a red alert shuttle call when approximately 65% of the crew are dead.

The ability to murderbone on lrp is pretty integral to being an antag, not in insignificant part because there are no MRP-esque restrictions where people have to come up with a million reasons why they made spaceman go sideways so they don’t get banned. And yeah, nobody likes getting murderboned, but most like being able to kill freely as antag, and it helps with the “chaotic fun” atmosphere of the server. And, since admin involvement on LRP probably won’t suddenly jump up after the new rules are added, this solution will work a bit better due to being automated.

Simply have checks on different percentages that progressively increase the alert level and end in calling the shuttle on red alert at around 35% crew still alive.

At 75% have an automated “We’re noticing a lot of deaths, are you guys okay?” from CC and have the game set it to blue alert if it was on green. (This means the idea would probably also be not bad for MRP too)

At 50% have it set it to red alert if it isn’t already on red or higher, and then with 35% left (or thereabouts) try to set it to red alert again (if not on delta alert) and call the shuttle.

Obviously caveats will have to be made for things like the Blob but this both alerts players to the threat of a murderboning antag so they can prepare and hopefully not get removed from the round, while adding a time pressure to the antag so he doesn’t screw around for 30 minutes while he wastes everyone’s time. Highpops imply a way to deal with a single mass killer, and the automated system will alert all the lowpop players to band them together, while also ending the round if everyone is afk or dead or nobody has access.

Originally I planned on a light shuttle call between then but CC is traditionally hands off and I’m not sure how to fit it in, and sometimes there’s just a lot of people who afk roundstart, including lowpop, and calling the suttle early is not what anyone wants.

3 Likes

Doing this puts a time constraint on the antag so he’s not dicking around for 30 minutes on lowpop and wasting everyone’s time, and with the round ending (majority of people dead is a good reason) people will get back into the game sooner.

me no reado

10 Likes

Simply put, have checks on different percentages that progressively increase the alert level and end in calling the shuttle on red alert at around 35% crew still alive.

At 75% have an automated “We’re noticing a lot of deaths, are you guys okay?” from CC and have the game set it to blue alert if it was on green. (This means the idea would probably also be not bad for MRP too)

At 50% have it set it to red alert if it isn’t already on red or higher, and then with 35% left (or thereabouts) try to set it to red alert again (if not on delta alert) and call the shuttle.

listen i’m not against the idea. really. i don’t think it’s a miracle idea, but it’s alright

but unless u code it yourself, or u get someone else to do it for you, i seriously doubt it would happen. point being, u, and u alone, have to do a lot more than a suggestion post to get this in the game

Your post went past char count by 1 character. I’m not reading that wall of text.

Maybe have antags need a 200word report on why they killed the target. Basically, stuff like “he had emag he valid” is a proper reason for a non-antag to kill an antag, but stuff like “he was my target” is no longer a valid reason for antag to kill non antag.

The way LRPjesus intended.

murderboning on LRP is apart of the culture, stop with your MRP rules and get outta here!

murderboners don’t do it and not call the shuttle
they have honor and don’t just fuck around they strike down and make it fun for all (in a way)
we don’t need the game forcing you to go faster in your murderboning, also see nukies, cult, cult 2 and engineering since they murderbone and engineering just makes everything somehow explode

I mean… To say that on lrp there is any kind of code of honour would be a lie. But yeah, murderboners usually get bored themselves.

1 Like

Hence why there are less than 10 people on LRP now.

Murdering everyone as antag needs a constant sec and admin presence to prevent it from being horrible to play for everyone else.

a simple and elegant solution is just force calling the shuttle, with no way of recalling if no admins are on and station lifeforms drop below 25%

1 Like

That’s what calling on red alert does, as long as there is no blob

Just remove LRP, world would be a better place

1 Like

Then your culture is just shit.

: /

D, do da ba dee.

2 Likes

The rules we currently have are good enough i believe.

They’re so good that your pop is decreasing at a steady rate.

Good point, I retract my statement about it being good enough.

This is an admin problem to resolve murderbone.

I think this is pretty telling, that the admins (or at least one admin) see LRP murderbone not as a feature or an aspect of the game, but a problem which can be solved.

3 Likes