Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06/08/2021

Round Number: 31864

Rules Broken:
QM: 7, Do not Self-antag
Miner: 7, Do not Self-antag

Incident Description:

Foreword
Im not splitting this into 2 reports because of the volume of data that needs to be sifted though as well as the report against me which i will be ignoring and consolidating here.
Ill try my best to tell the sequence of events even if its as incriminating to me.

Build up and The first event
Im completing a project in space and because of carp as well as a contracting flying in space i decide to head to Aux base construction to take a KPA so i can complete the project safely.
On the way back i went to cargo to zap it with a RPED and print some KPA mods to improve the KPA. Considering that alert was raised and the captain claimed sec staffing was low, i do believe this was within my means as a CE.

As i was leaving a miner comes, shoves me and steals the KPA. To of which i didnt resist, i ask for it back citing source (aux base) and he denies me and shoves/harm me out of spite. Fair enough… i try to leave, the QM shows up and escalates the situation, crits me and uses lethal force. Disposaling me into a pre-set bear trap. i believe around this time i shout for sec.

The escalation inbetween events
The captain arrives and stops the conflict. Threats were levied between cargo and engineering. Captain makes lose threats of demotion but does not investigate or prosecute.
Sec was mostly absent during this time.
The conflict between engineering and cargo was’nt settled. I had expected captain to analyse the situation and intervene but seeing sec or captain was unable to exert any influence i tell engineering to arm up in whatever way they can.
I then escalated the situation by continuously cutting cargo’s power to limited effect. This was my response to the lack of reprisal from the actions of the QM and the miner which was the unnecessary crit in cargo. I acknowledge that this a unbecoming petty response as command but with command authority evaporated the only thing i can do is leverage power to rein in cargo of which HOP or captain was’nt exerting any influence.

The 2nd event
The QM and Miner break into engineering, prints jaws of life and and attempts to kill me. the miner chases me with a KPA out of engineering into space, which i returned back to engineering knowing im outmatched with no weapons.
The QM goes and steals the power control board.
The chase ends whilst im in soft crit when the captain arrives again.

The fallout
I decide to focus on the SM afterwards and ignore extra-departmental issues.
The captain returns decides to demote me but i refuse his command authority, deeming him unable to exert any influence. I shove him and walk away with help of a few staff membes
The QM decides to openly claim to secede from NT and encouraging people to join him. He supposedly died following this event.
The event has left me unable to properly command help my own department.

This is where im unable to provide any more info from the limited logs i have (and lost)

Testimony
I think this was a very stupid event that should never have happened nor escalated to this point if there was sec or command to enforce authority. Even so proper escalation rules wasnt followed. I believe i should have just ignored cargo and let captain’s command authority dissipate, eat the demotion and let the station further descend into chaos.

This report took too much time to reflect and properly compose. I would write more but im exhausted. I think its better for the community and myself if im not the one who should not deal with LRP escalations that come with it whilst im playing command.

I accept and welcome whatever command ban from any breaks in rule 10 from this report.

7 Likes

Right. B&E is bad, Sabotage (cutting power intentionally) bad, Arming up (Blue alert or red alert or green alert?) still Petty Theft could be bad or not, Ignoring “extra-departmental issues” you mean not fixing anything outside your department or just not doing anything extra?(possible Dereliction of Duty), Captain has authority even if they decide to let things go you can’t ignore them and their orders Insubordination.

Cargo cant just secede (Mutiny) unless they got either 1. Admin approval 2. Antag 3. The AI gets funny Ion law to make cargo their domain. 4. Some real RP happens

QM and miner breaking in was still bad( B&E) but it was in response to your sabotaging of their department and there apparently being no security on hand to deal with the situation while you were ignoring the captain?
Did they actually kill you? if not they might have just wanted to beat the shit out of you (Assault With A Deadly Weapon) for sabotaging cargo and prevent you from doing it again. (Attempted Murder only if they had critted you and not rendered any first aid)

So you out of spite for cargo not wanting to give you a KPA and being very hostile to you decided to commit sabotage and POSSIBLY self-antag depending on a few key things? and cargo in response also started committing possible self-antag. that about sums it up?

CE: B&E, Sabotage, Petty Theft, Dereliction of Duty, Insubordination and Possible self-antag (depends on how much bad stuff they actyally did)
QM & Miner: B&E, Petty Theft, Possible Insubordination (did cap order them to stop? or something?), Assault With A Deadly Weapon/Attempted Murder

Did i miss something? did cargo actally have guns and stuff? i guess Ruko will find them logs and bring clarity to this mess.

1 Like

I can accept B&E and Petty Theft (for KPA mods) A single KPA is available to CE/Engineer without any access changes at Aux base construction. My duties to the station was under wraps, SM prepared for co2 and engineers were directed to fixing things i saw on my alarm monitor. Power Management is under the purview of CE so i could hardly call it sabotage. If a department receives power in good will the entire shift and decides to spite it. Denying them that grace is not sabotage. Would it not be Grand Theft to steal power from a power grid if you do not have access to it? Do you start preparing guns to raid your local power provider if power was cut because you didnt pay your bills? The first thing that should be done was to talk and negotiate. This is a RP server isnt it?

Under M10.2 [Head of Staff conduct] : Heads of Staff have jurisdiction over their department, but not others. They are encouraged to work together to achieve common goals
Power IS under my jurisdiction, cargo not working with me just means im less obliged to work with them. Take a look if this breaks any departmental SOP

There are many IC things one can do in a departmental conflict. The biggest of which the QM actually has was silo material access. Cutting it would do more damage than he knows.
But the first instinct was to power game by getting jaws of life, break in and steal the power control board. Then head straight into the SM vicinity to join the miner to gang up on the CE.

Varying degrees of spacelaw violations. They tend to fall under IC resolutions.
To which i implemented when command/sec presence evaporated. Captain did not handle it very well and i cant blame him, he deputized a clown and tried to be sec to a station in dire states. And when pressed on what he would do after a head of staff was almost murdered twice he levied threats of demotion to me without seeing the actual situation at hand.
If a head of staff told me a justifiable reason why i was demoted, asked and understood the situation i can accept his authority.

The core problem is the disregard for escalation policy at the start among other violations
Here is a list of rules i believe can be applied.

M1.4[You Must Roleplay] : Declaring independence from NT or the station results in a ban in most cases.
This should be a clear find from the logs

M2.2[No powergaming] : Do not seek/acquire items that have no relevance to your job without an appropriate IC reason
The usage of a ARMED Bear trap placed into the path of delievery office chute. So anyone disposaled will lose the mobility fight.

M2.3[No power gaming] : Normal crewmembers are not experienced soldiers. You should generally call for help, rather than intervening directly.
An assault on a department clearly goes beyond your roles.

M6 [Do not Grief]
Use of a bear trap in disposals
2 Instances of critting a fleeing player

M7.8 [Do Not Self-Antag] : Taking High Risk or Head of Staff items that are intended for use by a specific job other than your own is considered self-antag without a valid in-character reason
The power flow control board is a head of staff Item, spawning in CE’s office.

Should be clear as crystal from logs true

Did they place it there or was it just disposaled by janitor? also not really powergaming…

Generally call for help so if there is none what then? Also assault? more like B&E to prevent you from committing sabotage.

Power control board is not a Head of staff item or high risk.
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/High-risk_items
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Guide_to_Head_of_Staff_Equipment

Cargo is not a “department” but supply is and they are under the Head Of Personell or Captain if there is no HoP so cutting their power is cutting power to one of the Hops Or CAPTAINS departments areas

Wrong it is sabotage since its not up to you to dictate who gets power and who does not. Station Engineer SOP 2. that CE has to follow too. also Heads are held to Space law

Ce.pngChief Engineer

1. The Chief Engineer is primarily responsible for the setup, maintenance, and condition of the engine.
  2. The Chief Engineer is permitted to carry a telescopic baton and a flash.
  3. The Chief Engineer is expected to oversee and manage all engineering projects and is responsible for their outcome.
  4. The Chief Engineer must also adhere to Station Engineer and Atmospheric Technician Guidelines.

Engineer.pngStation Engineer

1. Station Engineers may not make major engine modifications before the SMES units are recharged.
  2. Station Engineers must ensure that critical station systems such as power, gravity, telecommunications are operational at all times.
  3. Station Engineers are, with approval from the Chief Engineer, permitted to carry out personal projects if there is no damage to the station that requires fixing.
  4. Station Engineers must periodically check on the engine.
  5. Station Engineers must seal off or repair all hull breaches.
  6. Station Engineers should attempt to repair non-essential equipment
  7. Station Engineers are permitted to hack doors to gain unauthorized access to locations if said locations happen to require urgent repairs.
  8. Station Engineers may not wear hardsuits unless required for work in hazardous environments. Hardsuits must be returned after the work is completed.

AtomsTech.pngAtmospheric Technician

1. Atmospheric Technicians are permitted to modify the Atmospherics piping setup as they see fit, as long as no harmful gasses are released or pumped into the station’s air supply.
  2. Atmospheric Technicians are not permitted to create or release harmful gas mixes for any non-engine purposes.
  3. Atmospheric Technicians are not permitted to tamper with the default values on Air Alarms except for fixing problems or enabling the filtration of harmful gasses.
  4. Atmospheric Technicians are permitted to hack doors to gain unauthorized access to locations if said locations happen to require urgent repairs.
  5. Atmospheric Technicians may not wear hardsuits unless required for work in hazardous environments. Hardsuits must be returned after the work is completed.
  6. Atmospheric Technicians must seal off or repair all hull breaches

Also, how do you know cargo set the bear trap? Could be some chucklefuck tossing it in the chute for laughs

Power is the jurasdiction of Engineering. Ill let the admins assess this.
Just because people recieve it for free does’nt entitle them to it.

Examples of Sabotage by way of Entitlement

This is considered sabotage using entitlement.
Being denied armoury weapons, because security is the jurasdiction of security
Being denied science research, because science is the jurasdiction of science.
Being denied Medical supplies, because healing is the jurasdiction of medical
Being denied materials, because material supply is the jurasdiction of cargo.

Just because the crew is so used to have almost all of them free without negotiation does entitle them to it.
Using your line of reasoning, i can break into armoury to get weapons because there is no sec.

-Sec has sabotaged me by not providing security as they should. Break power gaming rules and descend into LRP. Break in and arm up.
-Sci has sabotaged me by not providing mining research. Fuck em ill break in and do it myself.
-Medical has sabotaged me by not giving me a medkit for mining expeditions, ill fucking break in and take it. They are attending to others before me, medical aid on demand is my fucking right.
-The clown is not funny. lets fuck him up because i am entitled to the fun of watching someone suffer.
-Miners are not mining, Supply has sabotaged the station by not providing materials. I shall withhold mining research for my own purposes because fuck them. Nanites and robotics first.

Lets head down this slippery slope. Tell me im wrong.

If someone disposals you in cargo office, and the delivery office is literally next door.
Why did you think he did that. if you wanted to get rid of someone the door to hallway is literally closer.

Positioning your advantages is part of the winning mindset. It does not make sense to disposal someone in that scenario unless it was what you intended.

Also laying bear traps randomly is self antag. You should know better gerald.

All that from Haha no power for you because i dont like what you did.

Really?

There is a difference with just not doing your job and ACTIVELY BEING DETRIMENTAL using your job.
So according to what you did everyone should be allowed to fuck over other departments because they were kicked out with hostility.

Being disposaled is considered a humiliation and a fun way to remove people from your department

Again, power is my purview. I did my job as per SOP. Cargo is not a critical department.

Also, look at it this way. The ‘Head’ of a department, escalating conflict with another head of staff instead of cooperating with it, no talking out problems…just conflict. After which finding out the other department does not cooperate with you.
you have a few choices
-talk it out and cooperate
-powergame your way to what attain what you want.

What is the purpose of shutting power to cargo may I ask as I have detailed in the fucking report? It was literally a IC solution. I can bring them to talk or i can break rules, power game and round remove them. I made a choice and i shall stick with it.

It was the same fucking department. Cargo office to delievery office. To a preset trap
You have ignored the intent the sake of throwing peanuts.

oh cargo came to talk allright…
IC consequences indeed…
It was propably enough reason to lynch according to some past experiences…

Also cargo was kinda unrobust not hacking APCs to prevent you fucking with them.

And you did talk with Captain didint you? QM has no real authority and they are not a head.

Also arming yourself with KPA and upgrading it powergame much?

You also could have just shrugged the whole thing off… but you had to keep going.

Also… Cargo could just cut engis materials off from silo too…

So would you have preferred having no control over cargo APCs, no materials in engineering and cargo still having power and possibly using a PACMAN to make their own?

You have no points and reiterated the report.

We all could shrug off everything and do nothing. the captain fucking did until it hit the wall. I took action to assert influence within my means.
The kpa was explained in the report, go re-read it. It toes the line with power gaming and i can accept that accusation. Go ahead, tell me i should be banned for getting a KPA in that scenario which i already explained.

Tell me which fucking rules i broke. With excerpts from the round. you have contributed nothing to this report. And i do not wish to reiterate things i already said.

1 Like

M1.1 You must roleplay. You’re a professional working for a major corporation. Act like you want to keep your job.

Being detrimental to the station is not very professional nor is antagonizing a whole department.

M1.3 Follow Space Law and the Standard Operating Procedure.

• Heads of Staff are expected to enforce SOP within their department.
  • Good roleplay (emphasis on good ) can be used to justify violating SOP or Space Law to an extent, but may still have IC consequences.

M2.2[No powergaming] : Do not seek/acquire items that have no relevance to your job without an appropriate IC reason

M6 [Do not Grief]
Shutting off power to a department with propably multiple uninvolved people

M7 Do Not Self-Antag

If you are not currently in an antagonist role, do not act like you are an antagonist. As a crew member on the space station, you are allied with Nanotrasen and the station as a whole from the start of the round - This means if you commit crimes that may result in you receiving capital punishment as non-antagonist, you are breaking this rule. If an IC conflict arises, be sure to follow Escalation Policy while defending yourself or your workplace. Do not cause excessive chaos as a non-antagonist. Do not act violently when being arrested or removed from an area you are not supposed to be in; using force to defend yourself in cases like that is not considered self-defense.

Dont go causing excessive chaos.

Also where is this head of staff policy anyway there is silicon and antag and such but none for heads of staff. nvm found it

Juristiction =/= complete control. It just allows you to enact justice within your department and control those under you in that department.

And i did, negociations were always attempted before i did something. logs can prove this. Failure to work with another department was first enacted by cargo to of which they recieved a professional denial of service.

Cargo isnt a critical department, the entire sop is complied with.

I stated the reasons, this is the 3rd fucking time im reiterating this.

Only cargo was involved. And its command shall answer. This is a IC issue answered with a IC solution.
An actual grief would be pumping fusion into cargo. Or entirely incapacitating it with the powers available to engineering. And you know what its capable of.

I have not broken escalation policy. In fact the people im accusing and those that you are ignoring did.

jurisdiction

/ˌdʒʊərɪsˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/

noun

1. the official power to make legal decisions and judgements.

I am the CE of this station. I make calls relating to its power. If theres a tesla being set up in cargo it is under MY jurisdiction. its even in the SOP.

1. The Chief Engineer is expected to oversee and manage all engineering projects and is responsible for their outcome.

A head of staff’s influence extends beyond their department. With regards to power, this applies. If Medical is confirmed filled with cultists is it not in my jurasdiction to cut power?

If theres a brawl happening in medical its not under the jurasdiction of medical. its the jurasdiction of sec.
If there is a untenable Virus in Sec. Its under the jurisdiction of the CMO to isolate it.
Just because its NOT in your department doesnt mean you are not responsible for it.

The weight of playing command extends beyond SOP and your department and the rules of which people rarely enforce because they do not wish to be responsible for it.

People always blame sec for not asserting their influence on the ENTIRE station. Then again, you might be some of the few who believe otherwise.

Then again, YOU are not responsible for adjudicating this. lets wait for a admin to weigh in.
You are free to peanut gallery the fucking people im accusing in the report or the other PR.

This is good, because it is going to happen, both parties acted pretty poorly out of line here.

If you need something from Cargo, ask first. While they acted unnecessarily aggressive, you were still trespassing yourself and their reaction to your trespassing is at least mostly justified.

Intentionally depowering the station just to upset someone else would normally fall under griefing and/or self-antag. While you did have a bit of a roleplay reason given the fact that they roughed you up, but you are also the one which instigated the conflict, so as the player who initially started the conflict I would say you did not have sufficient reason as a whole to be seeking this petty revenge of yours.

Heepox has the right of it. Depowering a portion of the station for any reason other than necessity is sabotage. You did not have any justifiable cause for depowering Cargo, and it wasn’t done to protect the station in any capacity - it was done purely for petty revenge.

Report is still being marked resolved, because both parties are being punished for their parts in this, but I wanted to address my particular issues with what you did here in this thread.

Breaking in to take the pka isn’t all that bad considering the conditions, but you still shouldn’t have tided for it. Depowering Cargo as revenge for removing you is, on the other hand, a major issue.

3 Likes