A Request For Transparency Regarding a Discussion about Names

Thank you for the contribution, and assistance in providing transparency regarding the topic.

I will let you and other admins decide how to handle the closing/visibility(stickying, priority, etc.).

I would suggest getting a staff member to add this to the main rulings thread, for posterity.

It’s worth mentioning that not doing this hurts others too.

Often when people are asked to change their names, they’ll cite people like ung blob and nick dorito and say “if they can have those, why can’t I.”

Crabus Ravus sounds Latin enough to fit that bill. The reference is where the problem arises.

It’s literally in the rules already, enforcement has just been very lax (and in a negative feedback loop for that matter) and that is changing now. Appearance bans do not stop players from playing the game, it’s just a way of punishing those who are told to change that then refuse to - it randomizes your name and appearance and that’s it.

crabus ravus refrences https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0wfjsybIQ

which is why you officially state he has a exemption and that’s no longer a valid argument

People want MRP to have less shitters and more decent people. Nick was one of those decent people and has always been a blast to interact with.

6 Likes

@Ruko Already mentioned this idea before but what if we held a vote to see if people think the name is acceptable or not. Since as I stated before this is going no where.

1 Like

Nick dorito banned? ruko didnt like it and closed it. it was a 19-1 vote on it being fine for mrp

1 Like

This is exactly what i was referring to in my original appeal which was replied to once by llol and then closed. Admins aren’t trying to have any sort of conversation about any of this and are instead making threads subbing this whole situation.

There’s an obvious uproar with the community but it seems as if its all being swept under the rug with baloney excuses.

2 Likes

Doing this is how we got such wonderful rules as:

Planting shadowshrooms on MRP currently means you can be valid killed as if you were on Golden

A lavaland antagonist with a defense objective may come to the station and grief the SM or plasmaflood.

Miners that kill Bubblegum can just straight up murder anyone they choose, or enable themselves to murderbone the station, and it’s perfectly okay.

Grandfathering names with references will only continue to lead to more players making names with references, as it already has. It was finally acknowledged as a part of the problem today.

Nick is not a bad player at all, and this isn’t a punishment for being a bad player. It’s because the name has been found to be causing issues and sparking other bad names, and when asked to change it they refused.

and remember why Xlyana was an amazing admin, they cared about the rules people wanted and they cared about making the game more enjoyable when they left and kasual left im very supprised shit didn’t go worse

1 Like

Those aren’t from Xlyana, those are from the council and… you think those are good rules?

I didn’t refuse, i simply asked a Senior Admin a question and was offered no chance to discuss things. Then the ban was uplifted. Then i returned to the server to play as i usually would and got banned for coming back into a game with a no longer relevant ban.

I have a feeling the situation was relayed incorrectly and your response confuses me.

No, but they were what was wanted democracy isn’t perfect but it makes people satisfied

Yes it absolutely was and that was one of the points i was making in the appeal thread. Instead of leaving the thread open for discussion or even trying to have a conversation with me he straight up smacks down the hammer. He didn’t even fully read the goddamn original note i had to point it out to him. This is who you have as a senior admin? There was hardly any communication from the admin team to me, it seems like it was all just internal talking that i was expected to know.

Why is it so hard to have a conversation about this? The community is clearly upset by this and more so me. Admin team clearly is not listening to the community and this is how you tear rifts in communities.

4 Likes

Ah, I was a bit confused about if there was a flip on grandfathered/granfathering names.

Also please lock the thread. I was expecting this to be a one and done, admin gives us info, this is at top of queue for a while so people can understand what happened.

Per request of thread owner

1 Like