Too many times I’ve seen Captain, or acting Captain or some rando with stolen AA get fucked by the turrets. It’s not even funny anymore.
- You need upload and APC access, command remote (optional, if AI is smart and bolted the door), screwdriver and wirecutters.
- Disable the camera overseeing the turret controls.
- Disable the turrets.
- Go in. If bolted, unbolt with remote.
- Disable camera in the upload.
- If APC is depowered, turn it back on.
- Upload the laws you wanted.
- Fix the cameras.
- (Assuming Asimov/Crewsimov) Don’t tell AI you are going to dehuman someone, that is telling it you intend to violate its Law 1 and make it so it must try to stop you.
- (Assuming Asimov/Crewsimov) If asked, lie that you want to restrict its Law 2 where rulebreakers are concerned. That’s a good idea anyway, have it as Law 5 (subversion of the chain of command will inevitably cause human harm) right after dehumanizing all who will stand against you. Or all enemies of NTN, whichever you prefer.
- Have a trusted spessman stand guard with a flash to keep the pesky borgs away.
There. Easy. Quick. No electrocution. And will also make AI think you aren’t a total imbecile which would make it much more cooperative.